Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Not sure if this has been asked...

This question contains some touchy subjects, but in a slightly different manner than the usual...

What I'm wondering is this... let's say for this example that I order as late as possible (we'll say March 15th, the last day for pre-orders), and I am the very last on my dealer's list. Now, I know that no one knows an exact date for any of these options/features, and I am not asking for one. But, assuming that my car would not be built until the end of the year... if the HUD, rear parking assist, and/or ambient lighting are being produced by the time my car is built, would/could I include them on my order? Or would these options only be available to orders placed after they are "officially" announced?

Of course, I'm thinking that no one knows a definite answer at the moment, but I can always hope

P.S. By the way... off topic... who started this "ABL" acronymn anyways? it only exists on this site and makes no sense!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
As long as the vehicle has not hit event code 3000, you can change the build....If you want the options, I would wait for the options to free flow without any constraints..
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
thanks

another question... if i order late, after the first run is done (the pre-orders), what would be the expected time frame for a regular order? i've never "ordered" a car before, and want to make sure i line it up with my lease expiring, if i choose to go that route...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Pre-orders will be filled by October.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
Normal build time from dealer imput to line to rail to dealer is 4-7 weeks, depending on vehicle and location to dealer. These will have to come across the border..add another week...GM shuts down for 2 weeks during July...Sound difficult ??
Better question is when does your lease come due? You may be better off doing a dealer locate assuming Supply and Demand allows...
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote