Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #15
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
1. Yes, it is just that, an opinion...purely subjective.

2. You gotta pay to play. If you want to be loud and; therefore, get yanked and ticketed, that's on you. I fully understand my car is beyond loud. If I'd ever get pulled over, I did it to myself.
Yea, you are right. I am just going on past experience and hearsay from others. I should have worded that differently.

If I want to avoid this in the future I know I can simply quiet the car down. No matter the initial reason I got pulled over, I am very thankful I got a cool cop. It certainly could have been much worse. I do understand this is all on me.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #16
jdpeezy91

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Nice that my post got hijacked by a bunch of partypoopers look of you dont like the idea of header dumps great dont put them on your car and keep your opinion to yourself if they arnt helpfull i dont need anyone preaching to me about noise or tickets i dont care its my car ill do what i want either way and if i get tickets im the one that has to pay them i dont care probley have a better chance of catching a ticket for going well above the speed limit before they write me some dumb ticket for my exhaust are we gonna preach about speeding to i swear some of you outta take your Camaros back and get toyota camerys it would suit you better ...

Also to everyone saying run diverters what the hells the difference if i run them open its the same difference and im sure its the same illegality wether you bypass your exhaust with the diverters or turn downs but turn downs dont cost me 900 bucks plus more weight on the car and if i want i can still put my car in the air and put my exhaust back on its not like I'm going to throw it away

Now if we could get back on topic
jdpeezy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #17
jdpeezy91

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Also im gonna get this done either way but im out of town for work at the moment when i get the turnouts put on ill post up a video so yall can hear it and be jealous/ complain some more
jdpeezy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpeezy91 View Post
Nice that my post got hijacked by a bunch of partypoopers look of you dont like the idea of header dumps great dont put them on your car and keep your opinion to yourself if they arnt helpfull i dont need anyone preaching to me about noise or tickets i dont care its my car ill do what i want either way and if i get tickets im the one that has to pay them i dont care probley have a better chance of catching a ticket for going well above the speed limit before they write me some dumb ticket for my exhaust are we gonna preach about speeding to i swear some of you outta take your Camaros back and get toyota camerys it would suit you better ...

Also to everyone saying run diverters what the hells the difference if i run them open its the same difference and im sure its the same illegality wether you bypass your exhaust with the diverters or turn downs but turn downs dont cost me 900 bucks plus more weight on the car and if i want i can still put my car in the air and put my exhaust back on its not like I'm going to throw it away

I think it's the fact that you bragged about not caring about getting a ticket that got everyone giving you crap. Don't be so sensitive about it and just filter out the other junk.

As for your question about the difference between cutouts/diverters and dumps, the difference is you can close off the cutouts/diverters when you're near a cop and avoid a ticket and pass a visual inspection if your state does inspections. Are you trying to cut an E.T. down at the drag strip? If so you'll maybe save a 0.1 seconds but that's not even guaranteed.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #19
PFL

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:

I'm also interested to know. in addition to weight reduction, if high hp would not lose power. X-pipe are responsible for the equilibration of the gases, leaving direct exhaust, would not have any hp losses?
PFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:13 AM   #20
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:

Quote:
Also im gonna get this done either way but im out of town for work at the moment when i get the turnouts put on ill post up a video so yall can hear it and be jealous/ complain some more
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to kick sand in your vag. I was attempting to provide some sound advice, but like you said...your money, your car, your tickets. Have fun with it and be sure to post a vid!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #21
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Jesus, I have had my threads hijacked plenty of times and never whined that hard.

I figured it was pretty damned relevant. I was trying to provide an example of how I got pulled over just for an axle back & longtubes. We all tend to look out for one another here... But like said above, you don't care about the tickets? So be it.

But may want to rethink posting on the internet if other's opinions make you so sad and moody :(
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #22
Gasoholic

Drives: o
Back on subject,

I found this while searching.
http://www.drgas.com/Boom-Tube-Tip_p_39.html

This was kind of what I was thinking about. So I could run the exhaust out the side in front of the rear wheels.
Pretty expensive though considering this is experimental and very likely temporary.
I like the idea of just a quick connect system like the OPs pics. I could swap those out pretty easy if I decide to put full length pipes back on.

The only issue with dumping the exhaust directly under the car is the potential for carbon monoxide coming into the cabin.
That and you'd want to think twice about driving over a grass field. Might actually catch fire to the grass. Occasionally we go to shows and they park us over grass.

And the million dollar question, what to do with the diffuser.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #23
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

If you had only started your thread with “I’m a moron and an askhole and I don’t care about anyone’s opinion and my butt hurts at the slightest little teasing and I’ll get as many tickets as I damn well please even though I don’t have any money for cutouts or diverters and besides I have no idea what I’m talking about and my Camaro is going to be better than all you sumbitches anyway so everyone go to hell”, none of this would have happened.

Clearly you have only yourself to blame.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #24
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoholic View Post
Back on subject,

I found this while searching.
http://www.drgas.com/Boom-Tube-Tip_p_39.html

This was kind of what I was thinking about. So I could run the exhaust out the side in front of the rear wheels.
Pretty expensive though considering this is experimental and very likely temporary.
I like the idea of just a quick connect system like the OPs pics. I could swap those out pretty easy if I decide to put full length pipes back on.

The only issue with dumping the exhaust directly under the car is the potential for carbon monoxide coming into the cabin.
That and you'd want to think twice about driving over a grass field. Might actually catch fire to the grass. Occasionally we go to shows and they park us over grass.

And the million dollar question, what to do with the diffuser.
...and not one word of this is true. Except for “I found this while searching”.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #25
Gasoholic

Drives: o
"...and not one word of this is true. Except for “I found this while searching”."

Huh???
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #26
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasoholic View Post
"...and not one word of this is true. Except for “I found this while searching”."

Huh???
I’ve had cutouts or NOWEEDS for many, many years which empty directly under the car and never had exhaust or Carbon dioxide come into the car and have driven on many grass fields without setting them ablaze. ANY car with a catalytic converter can start a fire, but how insanely rare can that possibly be?
Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #27
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I’ve had cutouts or NOWEEDS for many, many years which empty directly under the car and never had exhaust or Carbon dioxide come into the car and have driven on many grass fields without setting them ablaze. ANY car with a catalytic converter can start a fire, but how insanely rare can that possibly be?
Just because YOU'VE never had a problem with doing this, doesn't mean it's not a possibility that should be considered however remote the possibility may be.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #28
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Just because YOU'VE never had a problem with doing this, doesn't mean it's not a possibility that should be considered however remote the possibility may be.