Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #85
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
Thats kinda B.S.... We were the first to buy them now more upgrades/quality is gonna be incorporated into next years? Well, live and learn I guess
That's kind of a lesson for not buying first model years with me. The car always gets better as bugs are worked out and they freshen the car through the years. Just the way it's always been. The first gen only went 2 years before a body style change etc. It's all good, it will always be a sweet car.
nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #86
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
I like the interior, I like the steering wheel... and I like the gauges.... also like the stereo, climate controls etc... There is probably a happy medium between cost and superior interior materials, but I have no idea what that would be.... I am sure improvements will be made, but if history holds true, the better things get, the higher the cost, in which case GM will outprice the car for the market interested in the car.... I enjoy the car for what it is.... its a chevy, a very nice chevy, but its a chevy... Are people willing to pay for a chevy car which aspires to be a european supercar? I am not sure, how are the Corvette ZR-1 sales?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #87
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyone View Post
I like the interior, I like the steering wheel... and I like the gauges.... also like the stereo, climate controls etc... There is probably a happy medium between cost and superior interior materials, but I have no idea what that would be.... I am sure improvements will be made, but if history holds true, the better things get, the higher the cost, in which case GM will outprice the car for the market interested in the car.... I enjoy the car for what it is.... its a chevy, a very nice chevy, but its a chevy... Are people willing to pay for a chevy car which aspires to be a european supercar? I am not sure, how are the Corvette ZR-1 sales?
I went for a drive yesterday. And I couldent help but think of this thread. And after thinking and ENJOYING, I Love my car. GM did Awsome with this one.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #88
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Its good that there is a desire to improve but, who cares about Audi. I don't want a european car. I want a Chevy. And Chevys don't look or feel like an Audi. Just my two cents.
You miss the point. GM is saying the measure of interior QUALITY is Audi. That is very much a good thing. That's not saying that they're going to copy an Audi interior. It's saying the want an interior that's approaching the QUALITY that people attribute to an Audi.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #89
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyone View Post
You may like the interior and its quirkiness but plenty of people don't. Chevrolet wants more mass appeal. Nothing wrong with that.

This 2010-2011 Camaro is LEAPS and BOUNDS improved over the previous generation. Is the price unaffordable becuase of all the improvements made? NO. They can continue to make improvments in the interior without skyrocketing the price.

You also miss the point. Chevy hardly aspires to have the Camaro be a European supercar. They are simply putting much needed emphasis on interiors, which help sell cars. Using Audi as a measure of reference is a GOOD THING.

Who cares about the sales of the ZR-1? It has nothing to do with anything. that car is not intended to be a high-volume seller.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #90
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
I think the interior on the 5th gen is a big upgrade from the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodies I owned. .
No doubt. I am very happy with the interior, but it's nice to see GM wanting to coninue to improve it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #91
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
You may like the interior and its quirkiness but plenty of people don't. Chevrolet wants more mass appeal. Nothing wrong with that.

This 2010-2011 Camaro is LEAPS and BOUNDS improved over the previous generation. Is the price unaffordable becuase of all the improvements made? NO. They can continue to make improvments in the interior without skyrocketing the price.

You also miss the point. Chevy hardly aspires to have the Camaro be a European supercar. They are simply putting much needed emphasis on interiors, which help sell cars. Using Audi as a measure of reference is a GOOD THING.

Who cares about the sales of the ZR-1? It has nothing to do with anything. that car is not intended to be a high-volume seller.
No offense, but you're missing the point. This Camaro isn't a sedan, it's designers shouldn't prefer an interior like a sedan's. It's a muscle car, it's interior should be affordably brash. It sells fine just the way it is, it's going to sell better once all the options like convertible, Z28, etc... come out.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #92
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
The dash is by far the worst part of the car............. but I doubt we will see nothing but a few refinements for the time being.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #93
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
No offense, but you're missing the point. This Camaro isn't a sedan, it's designers shouldn't prefer an interior like a sedan's. It's a muscle car, it's interior should be affordably brash. It sells fine just the way it is, it's going to sell better once all the options like convertible, Z28, etc... come out.
But would you agree (and I'm just playing Devil's advocate here), that even though something's good with room for improvement...improving is a good thing?

I like that they're not settling down...that's really the message I take away from these reports. There's no compliance...no "rest". constant, constant Improvement.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #94
Texhawk

Drives: 69Camaro,87IROC,96 SS,Z06&Stingray
The question is whether the average Camaro buyer will pay the premium for an "Audi quality interior".
Part of the reason that that GM can compete with Ferrari, Porsche, etc. at half the price is by concentrating on performance, and less on cosmetics.
Texhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #95
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Well the mustang got an interior makeover last year. Besides, GM is selling more SS's than they counted on, which is making the car more profitable. Plus the convertible and Z28 will come out next year too, for much higher prices.
They aren't making the dash nicer with an eye on jumping the price .
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #96
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
IMO, Its fine they are redoing the car and I think it is a win for anyone buying a new car.

But, I have already a FULLY upgraded interior with more done with higher end products than GM will ever use. Plus, indash dvd/nav make it cleaner so we are very happy.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #97
Stormyone

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post

I don't think I've missed the point at all... my point remains, if there is significant "improvements" to the interior of the car, using "better" materials, there is a trade off... At some point the cost of using better will have to increase the price of the car, and consequently consumers will have to pay more... The question is how much more will the "masses" be willing to pay for a better interior in a chevy? I don't know that answer, but I do know that a company can out-price a product so that people will opt not to buy it.... The ZR-1 sales factor in simply because the improvements made on that car impact how many will be sold... even if its not a high volume seller... Will the market that Chevy targeted as being willing to buy a ZR-1 which is a chevy that costs 100k? Last I checked, they are not selling as well as some had hoped..... those were the points I was attempting to convey...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #98
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
No offense, but you're missing the point. This Camaro isn't a sedan, it's designers shouldn't prefer an interior like a sedan's. It's a muscle car, it's interior should be affordably brash.
This is where you are wrong, and such thinking is partially to blame for GM's bankruptcy.

The expectation today by and large, for every car buyer, is top quality interior materior and fit and finish. They aren't expecting hand crafted wood trim and grain matched hand stitched leather, but they expect soft touch high quality plastics and impeccable fit and finish on everything. You say I'm crazy? Hyundai now makes interiors that are as good as Audi was 10 years ago. Their interiors are now better than most GM, many Honda, and even Toyota. Fact. GM cannot simply get by with saying "look at all the performance you get for $30k - the Camaro is by far the best deal". When Honda Civics have better grade plastic and fit and finish than a $30k Camaro the expectation is now beyond the fact that it's a muscle car and you get all the performance.

Unfair or silly to compare a Hyundai to a Camaro? When it comes to interior plastics and quality, not at all.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote