Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #225
JeepSRT12s

Drives: Jeep SRT
I'm glad my phone call wasn't such a waste. Long ass hold times. CS Rep not knowing much. Transferred call. Being told no Auto will be available or optional.
JeepSRT12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #226
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Some of you are dreaming on this price thing. Never said I knew it for sure but IMO it will be around that 60k price tag. And if you think there will be no mark ups the let's get real here. The SS was marked up in some places almost 10k over sticker. Why wouldn't they do that to a higher performance Camaro? If the ZL1 is a better performer than the GT500, then expect it to be priced accordingly. Wake up people.....not bashing the car, just trying to get some of you to start thinking logically and stop this low balling price talk. GM is in the business of making money and if all these options make it in the production model, prepare for higher price and pretty big mark ups.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #227
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
Some of you are dreaming on this price thing. Never said I knew it for sure but IMO it will be around that 60k price tag. And if you think there will be no mark ups the let's get real here. The SS was marked up in some places almost 10k over sticker. Why wouldn't they do that to a higher performance Camaro? If the ZL1 is a better performer than the GT500, then expect it to be priced accordingly. Wake up people.....not bashing the car, just trying to get some of you to start thinking logically and stop this low balling price talk. GM is in the business of making money and if all these options make it in the production model, prepare for higher price and pretty big mark ups.
The official word so far from GM is that the ZL1 will be priced competitively. That means that it will be in the same price range as the GT500, the ZL1's main competition. There is nothing that has been stated from GM that should lead one to believe that the ZL1's base price will be $60K.

Also, GM does not make any money from dealer mark up -- the dealer does. There are plenty of dealers, including sponsors on this site, that will sell the ZL1 for MSRP.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 06-14-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Fix typo
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #228
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:

Well, I have been kinda ignoring your negativity, but now you are just plain WRONG! GM has NOTHING to do with any MARK UP....NOTHING!!! that is all based on your dealer...
You have said nothing positive about the car, all you have done is criticize the whole thing. "if the ZL1 is better" that isn't negative at all...

Plain and simple, the CTS-V BEAT the GT500 in every way. Now the ZL1 will have everything (suspension, engine, drivetrain, weight) the CTS-V has, but better and newer and lighter

What are you considering "around 60K"? 55, 57? Give a plus or minus from your 60....

GM has said it will be competitively priced, so if that means it is the same price as a GT500, then that is still less than $60,000 and it will smoke the GT500 and in my opinion, that is a BETTER DEAL/BARGAIN...... would I like the ZL1 to be in the mid to high 40's of course, but that is pie in the sky..

The more accurate price range as to where this thing comes in at is $51,000 +/- 3,000

Now I feel like jrhaus
Old 06-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #229
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

GT500 base model is $48,800.

That's what we're being competitive with, so I'm guessing about the same to just under 50k. 55-57k all loaded up with options.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #230
Lee9710

I never said GM had anything to do with the mark ups. I just said to expect them. I haven't been all negative on the car. Most of the people onthis thread are just quick to attack anyone with any idea different than their own. Basically if you go against the grain here, you get all your words twisted around by people that obviously don't pay attention to what they have read. Fully loaded ZL1 IMO will be right at 60k. A lesser loaded one around 55k. Just an opinion people, don't get so d**n defensive all the time. This forum is for opinions as well as fact. Get off your high horses.....

ZL1
Old 06-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #231
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
I never said GM had anything to do with the mark ups. I just said to expect them. I haven't been all negative on the car. Most of the people onthis thread are just quick to attack anyone with any idea different than their own. Basically if you go against the grain here, you get all your words twisted around by people that obviously don't pay attention to what they have read. Fully loaded ZL1 IMO will be right at 60k. A lesser loaded one around 55k. Just an opinion people, don't get so d**n defensive all the time. This forum is for opinions as well as fact. Get off your high horses.....

Geez, why so defensive?
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #232
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
And on another note......all the extra goodies on the ZL1 are great, but to upgrade to the ones you actually need on an SS is not that expensive. I have no drivability issues and no trouble with braking. I won't be on a road course so I'm good there too. Driveshaft is fine and so is the tranny. If they go, I will replace them. I'm sure the car is a bargain, but I for one am not butt hurt by it for any reason. I like my early production SS. And it makes it even more fun when a car that is not supposed to be that fast wipes the floor with Shelbys and Z06's at the track. I also don't care about the ZL1 name. I didn't mod mine to be one. I modded it to be a bad ass SS pony killer.
Is the 11.7 in your sig your best run? I'd assume you'd have your best in your sig,but in another post you said your car ran low 10's.

What are the current #'s on your car?

Edit: Note to self.....read all of thread before asking questions. Your car sounds like a beast,enjoy it. Where do you run? I'm from NC too & get out to the track pretty often.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #233
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Some of you are dreaming on this price thing. Never said I knew it for sure but IMO it will be around that 60k price tag.
You state that, in your opinion, the ZL1 price will be around that $60K price tag. You did not qualify the $60K price as a fully loaded price. It's not an unreasonable inference to conclude that the $60k price you stated was in reference to a base price, as is common and customary when comparing the prices of vehicles without specifically indicating otherwise.

Quote:
And if you think there will be no mark ups the let's get real here. The SS was marked up in some places almost 10k over sticker. Why wouldn't they do that to a higher performance Camaro? If the ZL1 is a better performer than the GT500, then expect it to be priced accordingly. Wake up people.....not bashing the car, just trying to get some of you to start thinking logically and stop this low balling price talk. GM is in the business of making money and if all these options make it in the production model, prepare for higher price and pretty big mark ups.
Quote:
I never said GM had anything to do with the mark ups. I just said to expect them.
You mention GM and big mark ups in the same sentence with no reference to dealers. Therefore, a logical inference would be that you are implying that GM is responsible for the big markups.

Quote:
I haven't been all negative on the car. Most of the people onthis thread are just quick to attack anyone with any idea different than their own. Basically if you go against the grain here, you get all your words twisted around by people that obviously don't pay attention to what they have read. Fully loaded ZL1 IMO will be right at 60k. A lesser loaded one around 55k. Just an opinion people, don't get so d**n defensive all the time. This forum is for opinions as well as fact. Get off your high horses.....
From the responses I have read it is apparent that people do pay attention to what they have read. I would suggest that If one doesn't want one's words to be misinterpreted, one needs to be more precise with one's language.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #234
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
It might be helpful to mention that you're talking about a fully loaded car when everybody else is talking about starting MSRP ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #235
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
It will barely beat one as it is so GM has some area to improve on in the following years. I'm thinking it will be at least 60k and that is too much for a Camaro. What ever happened to working mans sports car? Now you might as well get a Z06 for these prices. A slightly used one where I am is in the 47k range. I can't believe a Camaro will be this expensive......
Not being negative huh? It's not even out and performance figures haven't even been posted, but somehow you know it's barely going to beat the GT500? Enough already. I don't need you to enlighten me on how poorly ZL1 will perform or how outrageously expensive it will be. I'll draw my own conclusions - thanks.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #236
Lee9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Is the 11.7 in your sig your best run? I'd assume you'd have your best in your sig,but in another post you said your car ran low 10's.

What are the current #'s on your car?

Edit: Note to self.....read all of thread before asking questions. Your car sounds like a beast,enjoy it. Where do you run? I'm from NC too & get out to the track pretty often.
I haven't posted on here in a long time. My best run ended up being an 11.5 until I did a motor swap and cam about a week ago. I'm over here in Fayetteville. Haven't changed the sig yet. I'm sorry to all about the price misunderstanding.......I was talking fully loaded. And as far as barely beating a GT500, I was just saying that in order to have somewhere to improve upon, I don't think GM will just come right out and demolish it on the first production. Not because they can't, but rather because they will need room to grow over the next few model years. But I did the 418 stroker motor with all the goodies with cam and kept my supercharger. She is one hell of a ride. Wasn't trying to come off negative......sorry to all.

ZL1
Old 06-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #237
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I haven't posted on here in a long time. My best run ended up being an 11.5 until I did a motor swap and cam about a week ago. I'm over here in Fayetteville. Haven't changed the sig yet. I'm sorry to all about the price misunderstanding.......I was talking fully loaded. And as far as barely beating a GT500, I was just saying that in order to have somewhere to improve upon, I don't think GM will just come right out and demolish it on the first production. Not because they can't, but rather because they will need room to grow over the next few model years. But I did the 418 stroker motor with all the goodies with cam and kept my supercharger. She is one hell of a ride. Wasn't trying to come off negative......sorry to all.
Though I have nothing but speculation (like anyone on either side of this frame of thought), but I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not sure enough people understand the ramifications of the sum of all the features and parts that ZL1 will embrace.

First - there's the power. Okay - this is where, if anywhere, I would have any worry or concern about performance. While I think ZL1 might get up to about 580 horsepower, I'm not sure if that's enough staying power to keep fighting off the GT500 until the end of it's run for this generation. I don't know if I believe reports of 620 horsepower, however, I believe replacing the current Eaton with the newer 2300, it would be pretty easy to get to 600. Would I care if there was a 20 horsepower disparity? No - considering the following. Besides, I'll be pushing my warranty anyways, lol.

Next - the chassis. New generation Electric Power Steering (EPS) and next generation Magnetic Ride (MR) suspension systems, in addition to the newly announced Performance Traction Management (PTM). While the GT500 already posesses this feature, EPS would impart ZL1 with similar tunability from the engineers to maximized feel and handling. The MR is something the competition doesn't have and allows track settings for all-out fast times and a touring-type ride for on your way home. Look how effective this feature is on GM's other two top rides: ZR1 and CTS-V. They pretty much OWN nearly all cars in their respective segments and price ranges. The closest car to ZR1 is the GTR if I understand correctly and the improvements to the '12 ZR1 should pretty much keep it at bay and only the Panamera is faster around the 'Ring than CTS-V, and it's something like nearly twice as much money. PTM is another feature on ZL1 that will make the most of the power available from ZL1's LSA. This is a reason I'm not too worried about the GT500. These three systems, working together, are going to be quite formidable for any car in ZL1's price point.

Furthermore - powertrain. While ZL1 may be giving up in 4-digit power potential with it's LSA, OEM power should be great. In addition, from the balancer back, it's going to be built to take the abuse. While not many details have been confirmed by GM, recently, we've seen a tiny bit of the cast iron differential case on ZL1. Comparing it's relative size to respective SS differential cases, it's reasonable to extrapolate that it's ring and pinion are going to be seriously strong. While there's no confirmation on the exact size, members have stated it's a 14-bolt ring and pinion, which in truck terms, meant either a 9.5" or 10.5" ring gear. For those that don't know, those were used in 3/4 and 1-ton pickup trucks. There's no confirmation, but I think the extrapolation is sound. In addition, we've seen one axle shaft and a member reported it was the "small" one. It's spline count wasn't announced, but it looks probably in the neighborhood of the low-to-mid 30s, which is highly desirable for strength.

Finally - aerodynamics, brakes, and tires. GM's stated a deliberate effort was made to tune aerodynamics and DOWNFORCE for ZL1. What this will translate to, is using more of that LSA power around and down the track or the strip. Pushing that car down will impart more tire friction and result in higher grip from the new Generation II F1s. The are still working with Goodyear (from what I've gathered) and a lighter and wider wheel and tire package (from SS) will impart greater available traction and allow to carry the speed into and out of the corners more effective. The 6-piston front calipers, along with the 0.5" larger rotors will bleed the heat off better and stave off brake fade more effectively.

GM's stated many times that they don't want to be equal to the competition - they want to dominate. With the improvements to the '12 V6s, the upgrades for SS, and the introduction of ZL1, I believe they are completely serious. For a person to have an opinion otherwise on a CAMARO website confuses me, so I could've just wasted the last half hour with all the crap I posted above. Take it or leave it. I'll spend my money where I like, like everyone else. Just don't come into this Section, with the attitude it seemed like you had, and not expect some flames.

Over-and-out.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #238
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
Yes^
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote