Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
Roadking107

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Removed Gold Bowtie

I don't like the gold bowtie. I removed the rear bowtie and blacked out the front one
Attached Images

Roadking107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
KC2013ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
That looks great with the blacked out front. Exactly what I'm planning to do. Do it yourself or buy an emblem ? If you bought it, what's the best place to get that kind of stuff? Noticed the lic plate frame too. I've found one site but it seemed awfully expensive.
KC2013ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I like how you got rid of the chrome lining on the badge, might have to look into that.

I just did the inside of the emblems, easy few dollar mod that cleans the front end up. I bought a front and rear vinyl kit from Phastek. Take your time and get all of the items it asks for and it will come out perfect. They send you two front ones in case you screw up, I scrapped the first one, learned from my mistake and and the second one was flawless.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
Roadking107

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I took the bowtie off and used bumper and trim flexible spray paint
Roadking107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #5
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
That's what I did to mine earlier in the summer, removed the rear & blacked out the gold in front, but I left the chrome trim around the bow tie to kind of match the taillight bezels
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 AM   #6
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2013ZL1 View Post
Noticed the lic plate frame too. I've found one site but it seemed awfully expensive.

Big mikes sto n sho......phastekperformance.com for the license plate holder.
2015 Summit White 2SS/RS with NPP.... Roto-Fab intake....Phastek lowering springs....BMR strut brace....custom cut blower cam and tune by Matt Sorian.....@MSTuning...BTR valve train....stainless power longtubes with HF cats....Phastek supplied
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I like how you got rid of the chrome lining on the badge, might have to look into that.

I just did the inside of the emblems, easy few dollar mod that cleans the front end up. I bought a front and rear vinyl kit from Phastek. Take your time and get all of the items it asks for and it will come out perfect. They send you two front ones in case you screw up, I scrapped the first one, learned from my mistake and and the second one was flawless.
I removed the whole chrome bowtie. Then separated the gold center bowtie. I painted the gold one black and 3m taped it directly to the grill. My 1LE grill had two rectangular holes used to fasten the original bowtie to the grill. I was able to position the black center to cover the holes. It keeps the bowtie without the huge protruding chrome thing.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote