Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 01-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
nightglow

Drives: 1986 Iroc z28
my camaro

HI all . For the past 3 years ive been working on my 1986 Camaro building i first started out by buying the car for 4,000 and the time from here to know i have put about 70,000 into it i first i wanted to biuld a drag only car put i want to be able to drive it on the street from time to time as well. this is what i have done so far she almost DONE.

I will start with the interior/ i first got the car inside it was all red i didnt really like it I did it black and white vynl with the white gages put 2 12 inch subs in the back all custom work when i first got the car inside it was all red i didnt really like it the interior ended up costing 3500 and the audio was 4500 all said and done .

the motor/ I ended up buying a creat 350 at first cost me about 8 grand for the motor from GM then after i got it all in ... AS always i wanted more power i ened up dumbing about 6 more gs in the engine alone roller cam rockers alum heads and intake manifold.800 cfm carb msg igniton syestem and 4'K&N filter had to make the push rods kind of a pain in the BUT ...

outside/ When i first got the car it was black. I wanted to keep it that way when i did the paint job on it but i wanted ghost flames . i know the the old school look .. awww its just flames . same old thing ... so i desided to do the ghost flames but in a trible way i got a 3in cow duck hood for it and black out tales light covers on it when we painted the car we when with black and the flames we did it in blue peral up the hood about around the car stoping about half way though the doors. the flame lay was 3000 in its self ended up costing around 9 gs for the paint.

Underneath/ it is a unibody car the 3 gens so i wanted to beef it up so the car wont twist in half when i launch it at the line ened up puting a 3 way adjustable sparco supenion kit in it. with coil overs and welded sub fame conectores the way people say to go is automatic .much faster.in the end its all driver anyone can put a foot on the gas pedle and go i like a challange i say UM NO i put a richmound 6 speed trans ford 9" rearend with 4.11 gears full exhaust custom build headers with magnaflow muffer.

i jsut started this so i will have pics for u all soon ..
nightglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm very excited to see this one.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
nightglow

oh ya man im sorry no pics yet ill get them ASAP lol just started this today will see about getting some pics of her tomorrow morning ...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:30 AM   #4
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
Here are the pics of my brother's car. I at reading how much money he put into it but whatever makes him happy... Soon i'll be driving my 5th Gen and that will make me very

welcome to the boards bro'.
Attached Images

lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
nightglow

ill get some more pics of the interior as well as the underneath of it and beter shots of the flames sorry shes a little dirty... bro was in town for a bit i had to drive it ......
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
nice! thts a good lookin car!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Sick car!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
I had to drive it while I was in town, the thing rattled my brain...im still shaking from driving it.
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #9
Jeffster

Drives: 92'Camaro RS 5spd V6 [for now]
Dammnnn man im speechless
Jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
I want that hood for the carb'd 86/LS1 swap I have. actually I need that hood for the cowl.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote