Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #4089
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
What UT didn't admit (and what TMZ will come out with in the near future if its true) is he was drunk off his ass with 2-3 co-ed's in the car when he crashed it.
When I read it, I knew there was a 99% chance he was drunk. When you leave the scene, don't call police immediately, and you say you fell asleep, it usually means you got drunk and had a wreck.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #4090
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
OU would have had 2 if Sammy hadn't gotten hurt.

Welcome to the WHAT IF club
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #4091
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Tebow impresses Herock

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=4848168

"In nine years of preparing draft-eligible players for the interview process at the NFL combine, Ken Herock has worked with more than 500 players, including 40 quarterbacks, readying them for the crucial Q-and-A session that each prospect must undergo at the February audition in Indianapolis.

But never has Herock -- a longtime talent evaluator who spent most of his 40 seasons in the league as a personnel director or general manager -- encountered a product like Florida QB Tim Tebow.

In an unsolicited phone call to ESPN.com earlier this week, Herock, who worked with Tebow for several hours, uncharacteristically gushed about the Gators' star.

"He's by far the best [prospect] with whom I've ever worked," said Herock, who operates "Pro Prep," a popular service that simulates a combine interview and familiarizes players on the subjects with which they will be confronted by league scouts. "He walks into a room and he just energizes it. Whatever 'it' is, he's definitely got 'it.' … Even for a guy like me, who's done this for so long, you almost get goosebumps."

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, and one of the most celebrated players in recent college history, Tebow has received decidedly mixed predictions about his NFL future from critics evaluating the 2010 talent pool. Most rate him behind at least two quarterback prospects, Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame and Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, and some have him rated even with Colt McCoy of Texas. Citing his low delivery and an elongated release, critics contend that Tebow lacks the physical skills that will make him a first-round selection.

Others suggest Tebow must play another position -- fullback, H-back or perhaps linebacker or safety -- in the NFL. It conjures up memories of 2001 Heisman winner Eric Crouch of Nebraska, a college quarterback drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round in 2002 as a wide receiver. He failed to make it at that position or at safety.

The four-hour tutorial designed by Herock doesn't necessarily deal with a player's athletic skills. But Herock has long believed that a top-flight quarterback is necessary to win in the NFL, and during his league career, he drafted prominent passers such as Doug Williams, Steve Young, Chris Miller and Brett Favre. He has an estimable track record at the game's most difficult position. This week he took some time out to watch and evaluate Tebow on the practice field.

Tebow is working on his physical skills with former NFL quarterback Zeke Bratkowski. Onetime NFL quarterbacks coach Marc Trestman, currently head coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, has worked some with Tebow at the blackboard on the mental part and X's and O's of the game. After playing in coach Urban Meyer's spread offense, in which the quarterback is almost never directly under center, Tebow has been working on taking the snap more conventionally.

Herock believes Tebow is making solid progress in addressing what are generally perceived as his physical shortcomings, and noted that his intangibles are hard to ignore.

Said Herock: "His release might be a little low at this point, but a lot of people talked about Philip Rivers' delivery too before he was drafted, and look at what he's done. I've heard all the supposed [negatives]. But I watched [Tebow] on the field and his velocity is good enough, and so is his accuracy. As far as his learning, you don't have to tell him anything twice. And he's a student of the game. I recommended that he watch some tapes of Steve Young, and he said, 'Oh, I've already done that.' He wants to be good. He wants to succeed. And he will succeed."

In some ways, Herock said, Tebow reminds him of Favre, whom he took in the second round of the 1991 draft in Atlanta. The Florida star probably doesn't have Favre's brashness, noted Herock, but his presence is beyond charismatic.

"I've seen him on TV and heard all the stuff about him, and you think to yourself, 'It's too good to be all be true,'" Herock said. "But there is nothing phony about him at all. He's about as genuine as you can get. If there was one word I would use to describe him, it would be 'winner.'

"People will have to convince me he's not a quarterback and that he won't succeed."
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #4092
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Tebow impresses Herock

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=4848168

"In nine years of preparing draft-eligible players for the interview process at the NFL combine, Ken Herock has worked with more than 500 players, including 40 quarterbacks, readying them for the crucial Q-and-A session that each prospect must undergo at the February audition in Indianapolis.

But never has Herock -- a longtime talent evaluator who spent most of his 40 seasons in the league as a personnel director or general manager -- encountered a product like Florida QB Tim Tebow.

In an unsolicited phone call to ESPN.com earlier this week, Herock, who worked with Tebow for several hours, uncharacteristically gushed about the Gators' star.

"He's by far the best [prospect] with whom I've ever worked," said Herock, who operates "Pro Prep," a popular service that simulates a combine interview and familiarizes players on the subjects with which they will be confronted by league scouts. "He walks into a room and he just energizes it. Whatever 'it' is, he's definitely got 'it.' … Even for a guy like me, who's done this for so long, you almost get goosebumps."

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, and one of the most celebrated players in recent college history, Tebow has received decidedly mixed predictions about his NFL future from critics evaluating the 2010 talent pool. Most rate him behind at least two quarterback prospects, Jimmy Clausen of Notre Dame and Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, and some have him rated even with Colt McCoy of Texas. Citing his low delivery and an elongated release, critics contend that Tebow lacks the physical skills that will make him a first-round selection.

Others suggest Tebow must play another position -- fullback, H-back or perhaps linebacker or safety -- in the NFL. It conjures up memories of 2001 Heisman winner Eric Crouch of Nebraska, a college quarterback drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round in 2002 as a wide receiver. He failed to make it at that position or at safety.

The four-hour tutorial designed by Herock doesn't necessarily deal with a player's athletic skills. But Herock has long believed that a top-flight quarterback is necessary to win in the NFL, and during his league career, he drafted prominent passers such as Doug Williams, Steve Young, Chris Miller and Brett Favre. He has an estimable track record at the game's most difficult position. This week he took some time out to watch and evaluate Tebow on the practice field.

Tebow is working on his physical skills with former NFL quarterback Zeke Bratkowski. Onetime NFL quarterbacks coach Marc Trestman, currently head coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, has worked some with Tebow at the blackboard on the mental part and X's and O's of the game. After playing in coach Urban Meyer's spread offense, in which the quarterback is almost never directly under center, Tebow has been working on taking the snap more conventionally.

Herock believes Tebow is making solid progress in addressing what are generally perceived as his physical shortcomings, and noted that his intangibles are hard to ignore.

Said Herock: "His release might be a little low at this point, but a lot of people talked about Philip Rivers' delivery too before he was drafted, and look at what he's done. I've heard all the supposed [negatives]. But I watched [Tebow] on the field and his velocity is good enough, and so is his accuracy. As far as his learning, you don't have to tell him anything twice. And he's a student of the game. I recommended that he watch some tapes of Steve Young, and he said, 'Oh, I've already done that.' He wants to be good. He wants to succeed. And he will succeed."

In some ways, Herock said, Tebow reminds him of Favre, whom he took in the second round of the 1991 draft in Atlanta. The Florida star probably doesn't have Favre's brashness, noted Herock, but his presence is beyond charismatic.

"I've seen him on TV and heard all the stuff about him, and you think to yourself, 'It's too good to be all be true,'" Herock said. "But there is nothing phony about him at all. He's about as genuine as you can get. If there was one word I would use to describe him, it would be 'winner.'

"People will have to convince me he's not a quarterback and that he won't succeed."
It brings a tear to my eye...

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #4093
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

omfg. Look at this shit.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...T&SECTION=HOME

Unbelievable. Feminists want Tebow's SuperBowl ad to be pulled by CBS because it's pro-life.

If any Feminists would like to speak up, I'm fuming and would love to take my anger out on someone.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #4094
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
omfg. Look at this shit.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...T&SECTION=HOME

Unbelievable. Feminists want Tebow's SuperBowl ad to be pulled by CBS because it's pro-life.

If any Feminists would like to speak up, I'm fuming and would love to take my anger out on someone.

Dammit,

how come I can never find that mustachioed female grumpy faced hairy armpit having emoticon when I need it...

That would be an awesome Zeus Rant...

1, 2, 3, Go..............#%^&*%^&@#$*&^*$%^#$%@#%@$*^&(&**% ^#$%#$^$&%^*#%^&%^&$#%&%*%^&&^*(^&&*%*%^&^@%#$!^*^ *(^&@$%%!#$^%^*^&*#$%^#$%@#^&$%*^&*$%%^#$^%^*$^&(#^! #$^!#$&*#%&(%&)%&**$%^$%&.....ahhhhhhhhh%&*%^*^&$% &*#%^&*$&*$^&(^&*$%&$%^#%^*(&%*)*()^&&@$%^#%^*&%*) %&*#%^&$^&*(^*..............expletives deleted

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #4095
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dammit,

how come I can never find that mustachioed female grumpy faced hairy armpit having emoticon when I need it...

That would be an awesome Zeus Rant...

1, 2, 3, Go..............#%^&*%^&@#$*&^*$%^#$%@#%@$*^&(&**% ^#$%#$^$&%^*#%^&%^&$#%&%*%^&&^*(^&&*%*%^&^@%#$!^*^ *(^&@$%%!#$^%^*^&*#$%^#$%@#^&$%*^&*$%%^#$^%^*$^&(#^! #$^!#$&*#%&(%&)%&**$%^$%&.....ahhhhhhhhh%&*%^*^&$% &*#%^&*$&*$^&(^&*$%&$%^#%^*(&%*)*()^&&@$%^#%^*&%*) %&*#%^&$^&*(^*..............expletives deleted
You said it..................................

Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #4096
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
You said it..................................

Agreed, LMFAO... I ranted my arse off earlier in the QB thread at some knucklehead.., some people...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #4097
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Reports here in Mobile are that Tebow is struggling. Especialy under center, where he had fumbled numerous times during practices.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #4098
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
Reports here in Mobile are that Tebow is struggling. Especialy under center, where he had fumbled numerous times during practices.
You mean the boy doesn't have experience taking a snap he can't see flying through the air? Unpossible!

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #4099
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Yea he botched a couple in his first hour. Luckily its a 3 day practice, so improvement will be noted.

I think the 'from center' exchange is over rated. Peyton/Brees take 80% from the shotgun.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #4100
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
You mean the boy doesn't have experience taking a snap he can't see flying through the air? Unpossible!

Quote:
Yea he botched a couple in his first hour. Luckily its a 3 day practice, so improvement will be noted.

I think the 'from center' exchange is over rated. Peyton/Brees take 80% from the shotgun.
Funny how nobady really mentions the fact that Bradford and McCoy rarely do either.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #4101
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Funny how nobady really mentions the fact that Bradford and McCoy rarely do either.

I consider it a non-issue. It's something 30 minutes of practice every day for 3 weeks will fix forever.

The biggest issue I think he will have is reads/progression. That is something that is harder to teach, and I've seen him struggle with.

Of course it doesn't help having John Brantley on the team making you look bad.... Brantley is like the second coming of Tom Brady.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #4102
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Lmao.... check this out....

Who is that asking for Tebow's autograph??

Ps. Watch the whole thing