Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
intense1

Drives: 2011 2SS m6
Another exhaust suggestion thread (please help)

The first two mods I would like to do upon arrival of my 2011 2ss is exhaust and CAI. I had no problem deciding on an intake (CAI brand), but the exhaust is killing me. Here is the problem, my detached garage is in the back corner of my property which sits next to my neighbors 2 family home, which all 4 of there bedrooms face my driveway, and my house's bedrooms also face this long driveway. This vehicle is not my daily driver, but I do plan on driving it to work on nice days which I leave for around 6am, and then there is the occasional early morning excursions, and late night parties. So I'm being considerate to my neighbors and my own family by not getting the loudest exhaust out there. I looked to see if there were any db comparisons or specs for the exhausts that are available, but turned up nothing. There is one youtube video of bassini exhaust being measured with a db meter vs stock, any one know of any more comparisons like this. I'm looking for an aggressive note, but without it being to much louder than stock, I have been leaning towards the borla catback s-type, I think the touring is to tame, but that might have to be my route. I know most are going to say listen to clips, which I have done plenty of times, but still can't get a handle on how much louder an exhaust is. I'm basically looking for opinions or data on how much louder are different after market exhausts over stock.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i don't think it should bother your neighbors.they only get loud if you rive it up or getting on it going down the street.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
intense1

At idle it might not be much louder, but that initial start up and rev-ing to get up out of my garage/driveway is what concerns me. I was also thinking of starting it with the garage door closed and then opening it when I'm ready to leave.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
1Kodiak
SB 1070

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
The car stock will be pretty quiet. With Corsa cat back, it will definatly be louder on start-up. Neighbors might complain. With Corsa cat back system for GFX, louder yet. Neighbors most likely to complain. Corsa cat back for GFX, Kooks LT's with HF cats, custom tune-neighbors will be calling the cops @ 6 am. Good news- you should be long gone by the time they show up! Unless you decided to start your car with the garge door down=possible death=someone else is going to be driving your nice sounding new Camaro.
1Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
intense1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Kodiak View Post
The car stock will be pretty quiet. With Corsa cat back, it will definatly be louder on start-up. Neighbors might complain. With Corsa cat back system for GFX, louder yet. Neighbors most likely to complain. Corsa cat back for GFX, Kooks LT's with HF cats, custom tune-neighbors will be calling the cops @ 6 am. Good news- you should be long gone by the time they show up! Unless you decided to start your car with the garge door down=possible death=someone else is going to be driving your nice sounding new Camaro.
LOL, yeah headers are definately not happening . I might be wrong, but from most of the clips I watched, corsa exhausts are louder than borla except for the atak setup. This is bothering me so much I might just get what I want, there are people mowing there lawns at 7am on the weekend in my neighborhood, I never complain, so why should they.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by intense1 View Post
LOL, yeah headers are definately not happening . I might be wrong, but from most of the clips I watched, corsa exhausts are louder than borla except for the atak setup. This is bothering me so much I might just get what I want, there are people mowing there lawns at 7am on the weekend in my neighborhood, I never complain, so why should they.
Honestly - it's great that you're trying to be considerate of your neighbors but in the end you don't want to spend over $1k and be disappointed in your choice. The startup will be louder and the idle may be as well.... but, I highly doubt you're going to wake up your neighbors unless you stomp on it pulling away unless they're really light sleepers.

Get what you want and enjoy it. As long as you're doing what you can after you get it to be considerate I personally wouldn't worry too much.
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote