Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #15
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuevara View Post
Their down pipes, the company is called “American Racing Headers”. (ARH)
Ahhh, I see now. I've seen ARH downpipes. I did not know their full name.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #16
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I run the NPP exhaust on mine. It's a necked down 1LE axle back. Zero rasp under load, sounds awesome. Very minor rasp with no load. Very happy with it.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #17
RalphGuevara
ZeusRS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT|RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I run the NPP exhaust on mine. It's a necked down 1LE axle back. Zero rasp under load, sounds awesome. Very minor rasp with no load. Very happy with it.

I don’t think it’s really possible to eliminate the raspy part of the V6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RalphGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #18
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:

Agreed. I love the rasp personally with the Magnaflow 11386. Without the res x it's awful.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #19
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:

That is true, however I know she is a V6 not a V8 so I am not delusional and think she will sound like a V8. She is what she is, but she sounds awesome to me and a lot of others who have heard her. I don't rev her up out of gear anyway.

That being said I'm beginning the process of getting her LS3 swapped. Have an engine and will be doing upgrades (oil pump, gaskets, general things) to it before it is put in. Will be a while before I start though, just making sure I have everything needed beforehand if that is possible with a project like this.
When that is done I won't have to worry about rasp at all.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:03 PM   #20
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
That is true, however I know she is a V6 not a V8 so I am not delusional and think she will sound like a V8. She is what she is, but she sounds awesome to me and a lot of others who have heard her. I don't rev her up out of gear anyway.

That being said I'm beginning the process of getting her LS3 swapped. Have an engine and will be doing upgrades (oil pump, gaskets, general things) to it before it is put in. Will be a while before I start though, just making sure I have everything needed beforehand if that is possible with a project like this.
When that is done I won't have to worry about rasp at all.
Good luck! It’s been said hundreds of times but hasn’t been done on a wide scale level yet. Just too much work and too time confusing for whatever reason. I think someone did it (not successfully) and concluded it would’ve been cheaper to just trade the car in for an LS3. Something to consider; make sure you do your homework before getting into something which may turn sour
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote