Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #99
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
I am going to try my best to get the SRS light disabled after they are installed. If I am unable too, I will have my tuner look into it and see if they have a solution.
Lol, heck my whole dash is lit up all the time... The only way I can get rid of it is to install a MOTEC dash, which is in the near future...

The following stay lit up...
TPMS,
SRS,
Oil Level
Traction Control,
Etc...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #100
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Lol, heck my whole dash is lit up all the time... The only way I can get rid of it is to install a MOTEC dash, which is in the near future...

The following stay lit up...
TPMS,
SRS,
Oil Level
Traction Control,
Etc...
Yeah I have TPMS, traction control and stability control lit up. If I can help it I don't want anything else lit up, but I guess we will find out once I get the seats and have them installed.

I also need a new rear drivers side shock from lingenfelter, mine is blown....
Old 07-15-2016, 09:03 PM   #101
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I have TPMS, traction control and stability control lit up. If I can help it I don't want anything else lit up, but I guess we will find out once I get the seats and have them installed.

I also need a new rear drivers side shock from lingenfelter, mine is blown....
I've been fortunate, I have the Peddars XA Supercars and with them being out of business in the US, I suppose if mine ever go out I'll probably go to Penske's or something of that nature...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #102
djcolopi

Quote:
I've been fortunate, I have the Peddars XA Supercars and with them being out of business in the US, I suppose if mine ever go out I'll probably go to Penske's or something of that nature...
Yeah not sure why....but I just found out what the clanging noise was after getting my new exhaust. I guess that's why the rear end kicked out when I launched

I believe pedders made my coilovers and lingenfelter changed the spring specs and sells them as the drag coilovers.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #103
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yeah not sure why....but I just found out what the clanging noise was after getting my new exhaust. I guess that's why the rear end kicked out when I launched

I believe pedders made my coilovers and lingenfelter changed the spring specs and sells them as the drag coilovers.
I did not know that... And yes I'm guessing you figured out where the noise came from... Lol...

I know the Peddars are rebuildable, however I have my reasons that if one or more goes out, I'll move to a different brand altogether... Maybe sell these to someone else after getting them all rebuilt/checked...

Old 07-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #104
djcolopi

Quote:
I did not know that... And yes I'm guessing you figured out where the noise came from... Lol...

I know the Peddars are rebuildable, however I have my reasons that if one or more goes out, I'll move to a different brand altogether... Maybe sell these to someone else after getting them all rebuilt/checked...
Yeah, I just hope we can contact lingenfelter or pedders on Monday and get a new rear shock. What brand are you looking at?
Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #105
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I just hope we can contact lingenfelter or pedders on Monday and get a new rear shock. What brand are you looking at?
I've looked at Ridetech, and I've looked at Penske... Since Pete knows my car, I would talk with him and get his recommendation before any purchase... I tend to push things really hard and break stuff often... I try to use the best available at this point though it's a progression in upgrading items I have already installed...

Old 07-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #106
djcolopi

Quote:
I've looked at Ridetech, and I've looked at Penske... Since Pete knows my car, I would talk with him and get his recommendation before any purchase... I tend to push things really hard and break stuff often... I try to use the best available at this point though it's a progression in upgrading items I have already installed...
Yeah I know what you mean....slow and steady with quality parts.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #107
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro

Not sure if anyone is aware, but the Pedders was all Whiteline out of Australia, so you can still source all of the products from any Whiteline dealer. As far as I know they still make them all.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #108
djcolopi

My replacement rear shock cartridges should be here next week from Melbourne, Australia. This weekend I will be replacing my brake pads and installing my BMR suspension with my buddies help (drives #37 hellcat challenger).

BMR drive shaft safety loop
BMR lower control arms, rear, non-adjustable, poly bushing
BMR trailing arms
BMR toe rods, rear, non-adjustable, polyurethane
Old 09-04-2016, 11:35 AM   #109
djcolopi

Sorry for the delay in updating my build thread...Their was some miscommunication over at Pedders in Melbourne, Australia so I was shipped the wrong part (waited 2 weeks for the wrong part). I guess they failed to realize I had the Lingenfelter supercar drag coilovers and I was sent the 'regular' camaro shock replacements so I had to wait an additional 2 weeks for the correct part to get shipped over.

However, the good news is they have been replaced and my BMR suspension has been installed. Very stiff in the rear now, I can tell im not losing any energy due to unwanted velocity vectors and I am getting off the line a lot faster since she is hooking.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:33 AM   #110
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Hey DJ, did you cut a hole to install your ZL1 fuel pump, or drop the tank?

(I know...off topic...but thats where I am at with my build)
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #111
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Hey DJ, did you cut a hole to install your ZL1 fuel pump, or drop the tank?

(I know...off topic...but thats where I am at with my build)
We dropped the tank to install the ZL1 fuel pump
Old 09-08-2016, 03:28 AM   #112
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Nice build man! Did I miss reading the base numbers in your build thread? What were they? Have you been to the track yet?

Just to add about your Air bag lights, that's not something your tuner can fix, it comes from another BCM, that HPT does not read.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote