Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2018, 07:19 AM   #15
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Congratulations and welcome; nice ride and great color … not that I'm biased in any way
Old 07-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #16
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Op since I have done most mods except a cam if I did it all again I would start with the 391 gears and a 3200 or 3600 stall converter and a quality cat back exhaust. The 391s and a stall will give your a bigger kick in the ass then any of the usual mods hands down. Or skip the exhaust and put a set of longtube headers on. Then get the car tuned. A quality trans tune goes a long way. Ask members in your area if there is a good shop that could do the gear and stall at the same time then have them or yourself install the headers and tune everything at once. Then go hurts some feeling in your stock looking car.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #17
Danielj

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Could you guys help me out with some quality full exhaust upgrades that will improve HP and sound? Links would be helpful!
Danielj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielj View Post
Could you guys help me out with some quality full exhaust upgrades that will improve HP and sound? Links would be helpful!
Start from the front and work your way back. Get some long tube headers with or without high flow cats. Depending on your budget will depend on what to recommend. After that catback exhaust decisions are about as plentiful as 5th gen Camaros. Personally I like my Solo Mach XL catback, but I'd also recommend Stainless Works Retro Chambered catback, or Corsa. Solo and Corsa are guaranteed drone free and SW doesn't drone much if at all from what I've seen on friend's cars.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:07 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielj View Post
Thanks guys for the feedback so far. Sorry for just now getting back to the post. I thought i would receive an email when people replied. Still learning the interface. Thanks for the feedback so far. I will post pics ASAP. How would I go about upgrading me my rear end gears to 3.91? Yes, I am automatic with paddle shifters. I am mainly looking for performance mods. I already have a pretty good idea of what cosmetic mods I would like.
Hi Daniel and welcome to Camaro5.

To receive email notifications, on this or any thread, you can subscribe to or unsubscribe any thread.

At the top of the post at the top of each page, there is a drop down tab named Thread Tools. Click on that and the second choice is to subscribe to the thread. When you click on that, a page will pop up that gives you the option to receive email notifications if so desired. You can subscribe or unsubscribe any thread at any time, your threads or threads started by others.

I hope this helps....
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #20
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
I absolutely loved my flowmaster outlaw cat back. It sounded like I think a muscle car should. After putting on long tube headers the outlaws were a little too loud so I put on some stock npp dual mode mufflers and that quieted it down just enough. Speed engineering is the brand of headers I have on, so far I’ve installed my own speed engineering headers, plus speed engineering headers on five other camaros and one corvette, never had an issue, and the quality is always great.
As for splitter I had the slp splitter until I got the zl1 bumper. There are some lower price eBay replicas out there that I hear are nice as well
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #21
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Congrats and welcome! I would suggest you start by thinking about how much $$ you can spend to start your mods. This will go a long way in people here helping you, as many have already done these mods. Good Luck and let the mods begin!
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #22
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Welcome. If you have factory NPP exhaust I can tell you headers sound absolutely awesomely obnoxious when you get on it (especially if you go catless). All headers are going to drone some when you run through the gears IMO, but at cruising speed not so much. At least mine don't.
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #23
Danielj

could you guys help me out with some ideas for new gloss black rims/wheels?
Old 08-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #24
Danielj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hi Daniel and welcome to Camaro5.

To receive email notifications, on this or any thread, you can subscribe to or unsubscribe any thread.

At the top of the post at the top of each page, there is a drop down tab named Thread Tools. Click on that and the second choice is to subscribe to the thread. When you click on that, a page will pop up that gives you the option to receive email notifications if so desired. You can subscribe or unsubscribe any thread at any time, your threads or threads started by others.

I hope this helps....
This actually helps a lot! thank you!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Take your time and check on the boards for the type of mods that you want. With most things, you'll have to shop carefully and compare.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #26
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
That's a damn good deal on an exhaust! Do you or does anyone have any actual experience with this one?

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #27
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
That's a damn good deal on an exhaust! Do you or does anyone have any actual experience with this one?
I was one of the lucky individuals to purchase the 16579 system(full catback) before they ran out. The exhaust system in that link is the same as mine but doesn't come with the resonated x pipe.
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote