Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
1LE Fast List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
This is the first forum I have been to out of a dozen plus automotive and motorcycle forums that uses DA. I completely understand it, but magazines, manufacturers nor any drag association that I know of use DA.

With that being said. Here is mine when it was 100% stock

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
12.656 @ 112.982 MPH
No most don't use DA but as someone who lives nowhere near sea level and constantly races in plus 4000DA I couldn't understand why I was getting nowhere near the times I see posted here all the time when my 60 was the same or better. So until I take a 12.5 hour drive to the closest racetrack that's near sea level I guess I will just have to be happy with the 12.515 at 115.28 MPH that drag times corrects my run to.
Oh and that's on street tires
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
No most don't use DA but as someone who lives nowhere near sea level and constantly races in plus 4000DA I couldn't understand why I was getting nowhere near the times I see posted here all the time when my 60 was the same or better.
DA correction is just for fun, but it does help you figure out if you are doing better or worse at the track each time you go. But there are other factors too when comparing like modded or not modded cars such as weight of the driver, what's in the car at the time of the run, how much gas, and the cars weight difference to start with. From the weights I have seen posted a base 1SS no option 1LE is about 100 pounds lighter than a loaded 2SS with a sunroof. Maybe someone else has more exact figures.

The 60' is the most important aspect of the run but then there is the shift points and speed of the shift. I ran about 75+ runs trying to get my stock 1LE into the 12s with lots of low 2.1 60's. The closest I could get was 13.2. I gave up and finally just went full bolt on minus a tune with DRs. But the chase was fun.

Oh, and every Challenger owner at the track says the Goodyears are awful tires for a good 60'. The regular SS Pirellis are much better. In my '11 SS I was able to get a few 1.9s with them.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-04-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
12.656 out of a stock 1LE You sir can drive the shit out of that car! I was watching ZL1s run 12.6s at our track last month.

That was the DA Corrected Time I was showing.....

Real time was a 12.991 @ 880 ft above sea level...

I clarified my post above.

-Matt

Quote:
No most don't use DA but as someone who lives nowhere near sea level and constantly races in plus 4000DA I couldn't understand why I was getting nowhere near the times I see posted here all the time when my 60 was the same or better. So until I take a 12.5 hour drive to the closest racetrack that's near sea level I guess I will just have to be happy with the 12.515 at 115.28 MPH that drag times corrects my run to.
Oh and that's on street tires
Simple, you have bad air and at a higher elevation than most. Like a dyno, you should be more concerned with your improvements over the last run

Experienced drag racers know when to run the cars and when not to. If someone in Michigan wants hero run numbers we have to run in the spring or fall when the air is better. We can can also wait for evening test and tune.....But too cool and the track gets slicks. It is a balance. as it is cool and October here I am going back to the track one more time for some "hero" runs as the 12.991 was in the middle of the summer with a brand new car that wasn't broken in yet.

Last edited by Dropspeed; 10-09-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #32
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
That was the DA Corrected Time I was showing.....

Real time was a 12.991 @ 880 ft above sea level...

I clarified my post above.

-Matt

Simple, you have bad air and at a higher elevation than most. Like a dyno, you should be more concerned with your improvements over the last run

Experienced drag racers know when to run the cars and when not to. If someone in Michigan wants hero run numbers we have to run in the spring or fall when the air is better. We can can also wait for evening test and tune.....But too cool and the track gets slicks. It is a balance. as it is cool and October here I am going back to the track one more time for some "hero" runs as the 12.991 was in the middle of the summer with a brand new car that wasn't broken in yet.

Unfortunately even experienced drivers have no choice but to run in 4000+ DA here as that is simply all there is. When track elevation is above 4000 ft there is only so much you can do. Either get used to running at high elevation or simply not race. Its easy to say wait for cooler air. That run was taken on a night with good DA here 4679ft I have spent many entire weekends where we never get below 6000DA
I am quite happy with my consistent improvements over the last 3 years but I suppose a 12.5 hour trip is in order to make some "HERO" runs and see how I truly stack up against other 1LE's
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #33
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Unfortunately even experienced drivers have no choice but to run in 4000+ DA here as that is simply all there is. When track elevation is above 4000 ft there is only so much you can do. Either get used to running at high elevation or simply not race. Its easy to say wait for cooler air. That run was taken on a night with good DA here 4679ft I have spent many entire weekends where we never get below 6000DA
I am quite happy with my consistent improvements over the last 3 years but I suppose a 12.5 hour trip is in order to make some "HERO" runs and see how I truly stack up against other 1LE's
I think that came off wrong. I was just saying I wont run my car in the summer at the strip as I know it will post slower times and I don't want to bother with abusing the car just for some passes.

Yes, your altitude and DA are awful, If you are constantly improving I would be impressed/happy with that and not worry about comparing it to others on here.

Yes! a trip to Mission or Firebird (assuming both are about 12 hours from you) and you would see numbers you want to from the car.......I think Montana has a couple of drag strip that would be closer in the 6ish hour range from you...

-Matt
Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #34
Bryan1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE Black
Finally ran a 12 with my 1LE

I picked up my 1LE in May, and have been loving every minute of it! It's been to two road courses, several autocrosses, and 22 1/4 mile passes.
I've been steadily improving my 1/4 mile times with practice, figuring out tire pressures, and getting better air. A week ago I got down to a 13.07 at MCIR in LaRue, OH, and yesterday I gave it one last shot to break into the 12's while it's still stock.
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
I'm not sure what others are finding, but I've been down, up, and in-between with rear tire pressures (20-35psi), and got my best 60' and ET's with 34-35psi. Dropping pressures just seemed to make it wheel hop more and run slower on the big end. Also, I'm walking it out of the hole from about 2500rpm, shifting a little easy into 2nd to avoid wheel spin and bog (which I've been told is the torque management) and then powershifting 3rd and 4th.
Name:  10-20-13 National Trail 12-858 Full timeslip.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  42.8 KB
Bryan1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #35
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1LE View Post
I picked up my 1LE in May, and have been loving every minute of it! It's been to two road courses, several autocrosses, and 22 1/4 mile passes.
I've been steadily improving my 1/4 mile times with practice, figuring out tire pressures, and getting better air. A week ago I got down to a 13.07 at MCIR in LaRue, OH, and yesterday I gave it one last shot to break into the 12's while it's still stock.
I went to National Trail Raceway near Columbus, OH and the conditions were great... 60deg, sunny, tailwind, sticky track. Ran a 12.858 @ 112!
I'm not sure what others are finding, but I've been down, up, and in-between with rear tire pressures (20-35psi), and got my best 60' and ET's with 34-35psi. Dropping pressures just seemed to make it wheel hop more and run slower on the big end. Also, I'm walking it out of the hole from about 2500rpm, shifting a little easy into 2nd to avoid wheel spin and bog (which I've been told is the torque management) and then powershifting 3rd and 4th.
Attachment 567312
Nice run! You just posted the fastest stock 1LE time so far. You would be #1 on the 1LE fast list if you want to post. You would also be #1 on the modified 1LE fast list. I needed DRs and a CAI to run as fast as you. Also that 112 trap speed is the highest I have see anywhere for stock non-ZL1 Camaros and I think the best 60' on the Goodyears.

With LTs and no tune I am at 12.42@114 But I know there is more. I was not aware of that easing into second trick. I will have to try that. With TC off I get all three shifts to bark, I wonder if that is hurting my times?

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-25-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #36
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Attachment 567312
Nice, that trap speed is what I expected out of a 1le.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #37
Bryan1LE

Thanks! The tailwind was helping, the fastest I had run anywhere else was 109.9. Yesterday was also the first time that I tried powershifting 3rd and 4th. It actually seemed to be less abusive for driveline shock than a fast "normal" shift.
Early on I found that if I shifted hard into 2nd my car would either spin the tires and then bog for a split second, or just bog before taking off again (this is with traction control off). So I started shifting a little easier into 2nd and then it doesn't do that.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #38
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Thanks! The tailwind was helping, the fastest I had run anywhere else was 109.9. Yesterday was also the first time that I tried powershifting 3rd and 4th. It actually seemed to be less abusive for driveline shock than a fast "normal" shift.
Early on I found that if I shifted hard into 2nd my car would either spin the tires and then bog for a split second, or just bog before taking off again (this is with traction control off). So I started shifting a little easier into 2nd and then it doesn't do that.
When you say traction control off do you mean just a press of the button, double press, or the full 7 second press?
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #39
Bryan1LE

I've run it with all 3, but yesterday was just doing single push, TC off. I don't think it makes a difference for straight line unless you're trying to use launch control, and perhaps it's not a bad idea to have the stability control on, just in case. For road course or auto-x, full 7 second push every time (although Comp mode in the wet at Mid Ohio was pretty good).
Old 10-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
I
Very Nice!

....Now you are gonna make me install the stock intake and some 285s on back so I can go back to the track stock to try and reclaim my spot

Matt
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #41
Bryan1LE

Thanks Matt, your ET and all of the SS's in the 12's made me want to keep trying.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #42
Fraxum

I keep trying. My best so far 12.378@114.30. I am #212. And there is more in it if I can get my 60' down and get a tune.

Has anyone posted sub 1.9 60's with a 1LE? I just want to know it's possible.