Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Parking Sensors Stopped Working

All,

I have a 2010 SS/RS and left it in storage while I was deployed for a few months. When I got back and cranked her up everything worked just fine with the exception of the rear parking sensors. Now, everytime I put it in reverse I get a message that says "service required" and the back up lights won't come on and the rear sensors won't beep when I'm nearing anything. Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Maybe a mouse chewed wires ?
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Possible, though I don't think so given where it was stored.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
All,

I have a 2010 SS/RS and left it in storage while I was deployed for a few months. When I got back and cranked her up everything worked just fine with the exception of the rear parking sensors. Now, everytime I put it in reverse I get a message that says "service required" and the back up lights won't come on and the rear sensors won't beep when I'm nearing anything. Has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks!
It states in your owner's manual:

Service Park Assist

This message is displayed if there is a problem with the park assist. Take the vehicle to your dealer/ retailer for service.

This will be something your dealership would have to address. How many miles does your vehicle have and what is your VIN?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
riderguy999
can't wait

Drives: 2lt RS
I had the same problem and they found one of the sensors failed
riderguy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
If you decide to take it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, they will pull the code and find out which sensor or wire is causing this problem.

A broken wire is probable, a bad sensor is something I have seen more often, seeing as how your back up lights dont work this issue might be tied in together with the park assist not working. They could be both faulty or one fault may be causing the other system to be disabled setting off the msg you see in the DIC. If I go on my GM SI account later I'll take a peak at the schematic and ill let you know.

The only downfall, to do any kind of sensor replacing or park assist wire testing, the rear bumper has to be removed.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout66 View Post
lol you never give what the issue can be all you say is take it to the dealer. any one can say take it to the dealer. sorry to say but you are really no help at all
We are able to provide recall, warranty, and owner's manual information. As for technical assistance information, our dealerships are our eyes and ears, so to speak, because it is very difficult to determine the issue without physically seeing the vehicle. We also act as a liaison between the customer and the dealership if things don't seem to be going smoothly. If you have any specific questions at all, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Just had mine stop working after backing up then putting in drive. Abl traction and brake light was on. Let car sit off for 20 minutes and back to normal. And it doesn't throw a code so dealer would say what we all have heard. Sorry we can't replicate the problem to be able to fix it.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

If the light came on, then it through a code and it WILL BE stored in your EBCM under history for a predetermined amount of key cycles, not sure which module parking sensors are located, im pretty sure its the EBCM. If they pull the history code, they can diagnose it and should be able to diagnose it, unless a specified component had a small hick up and is now working fine. Which then the tech should write down the history code, inspected what ever circuit that set off the code, and if he cant duplicate the condition then at least you know that circuits were tested, components were tested and that everything is working properly.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #10
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I have a code reader in my car and when it happened was plugged in and it didn't throw a code. So not sure if I wanna waste a whole day at dealer for a sorry we couldn't replicate it. That's all. Seems to be working fine now.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

That's because your code reader doesn't read BCM and or EBCM codes.