Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Driver's Door lock won't stay locked

I drive a 2010 2SS Manual Camaro - the problem is that my driver side door sometimes will not stay locked when I have exited the vehicle.

It has only happened a few times, but it is terribly inconvenient b/c it happens at a store and of course I will not go in the store leaving my car unlocked. So I usually just go home and when I get out of the car - the lock locks!

This is an intermittent problem and does not happen every time - but enough to be annoying and inconvenient. The couple of times it has happened, I have used the inside the door trunk open button - but honestly don't know if this is a direct cause of the problem or not. I don't think it is the key fob, b/c I replaced the battery and have used the spare fob and it has happened with both.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on what to do about this? (I am sure it would be a waste of time to take it to the dealer without any consistent problem b/c they surely won't find anything wrong.) HELP!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
The car thinks you still have the key in the ignition and is preventing you from locking the keys in the car. Put the key back in and remove it again to see if that helps.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
The car thinks you still have the key in the ignition and is preventing you from locking the keys in the car. Put the key back in and remove it again to see if that helps.
That was my thought too. I even put the key in; shut the door; started the car; turned it off; got out and tried to lock it again. Didn't work.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.