Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Best Driving roads in North Jersey

Hello yalls. It's summer. Can any leisure drivers suggest some nice long winding roads in north jersey that has sparse traffic lights?

thanks....

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Probably can't go wrong anywhere between 287, 80 and 15. Just scan a map, grab a bottle of h2o and hit the road. Member on another forum took me on a chase through that area on way to Chatter Box Drive In show. Lotsa not- so- busy roads up there. Plenty of twisties to test your skill, and suspension.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Probably can't go wrong anywhere between 287, 80 and 15. Just scan a map, grab a bottle of h2o and hit the road. Member on another forum took me on a chase through that area on way to Chatter Box Drive In show. Lotsa not- so- busy roads up there. Plenty of twisties to test your skill, and suspension.
thanks molson

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
Id check out Skyland drive - Greenwood lake turnpike, that's very close to you..that brings you through all the state park lands and reservoirs and ends up at Greenwood lake. If you have a full day to kill, once you hit Greenwood lake you cross over into the NY side of the lake and then shoot up over to Bear Mountain..thats the loop I would do on my bike all the time...nice twisty back "mountainish" roads and some nice straight aways to open her up!
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
287 South past Exit 6 freaking sucks, they have old pavement new pavement transitions with high sharp edges all the way to 440 and who knows where else. I drove to Perthamboy the other day, about 1 week ago and got a taste of the horrible roads , 287 north coming back from 440 till exits 6 again it blows.
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote