Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #239
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I never could understand people that compare stock to modified cars. In my world cars are always compared stock to stock and modded to modded. Also never one generation to another. Heck even at car shows, cars are judged stock to stock and modded to modded. After a certain point, who ever has the deepest pockets wins. Stock for stock or your just blowing wind...
The rest of us get that... he’s a little challenged though.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #240
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
The real question is, "Can the V8 make the V6 piss itself like mine did to this Prius?

Name:  prius piss.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  136.8 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #241
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
The biggest idiot right now is your friend Rontampons. You nor him know anything about me either.
Still in denial are ya . What's to know...you're a dork. So ya I know.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #242
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I have a stalled auto in my GTA dumbass.
Sure ya do. You have nothing to offer here anymore. You have been done for days. You are just set on repeat. You have hid your stupidity well over the years..till now.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #243
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
The rest of us get that... he’s a little challenged though.
Ya we get it... and its far from a little. One poke and she breaks down into a whiney hot mess. Every post I make is with a grin. I think dingo forgets he sent me a friend request.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #244
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I never could understand people that compare stock to modified cars. In my world cars are always compared stock to stock and modded to modded. Also never one generation to another. Heck even at car shows, cars are judged stock to stock and modded to modded. After a certain point, who ever has the deepest pockets wins. Stock for stock or your just blowing wind...
Yeah, but even that is not a totally exact comparision. Some stock engines run a bit better than others. Not so much these days, but it's still a factor.

I brought up the 6th gen V6 because it's very similar to the old LFX. Same displacement of 3.6L, though slightly larger displacement making it a bigger 3.6L than the LFX. DOHC 60* D.I. V6. Same basic architecture. They seem to pull around same rwhp numbers too. 323hp from 335hp is not a drastic difference. 12 hp there. Yet, GM lists the LGX at 13.5 secs in the 1/4. Not too far off from some of the stock L99 times I've seen posted here.

Is it all in the 8A and lighter curb weight?

If the V6 is such a slow POS compared to the almighty V8, they why is it so close in performance, different generation included? If the V6 is such a slow POS, then why is a full bolt-on 5th gen V6 typically pulling right above the 300 rwhp mark? The L99 pulls around 320-330 rwhp, don't they? If the V6 is such a slow POS, then why is a V6 with full bolt-ons and Mace cams capable of up to 340+ rwhp making it a legit 400 hp at the crank?

For some reason, when you mention this some V8 guys go insane.

Last edited by gringo; 06-12-2019 at 10:36 AM.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #245
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Ya we get it... and its far from a little. One poke and she breaks down into a whiney hot mess. Every post I make is with a grin. I think dingo forgets he sent me a friend request.
Really? I actually don't remember doing that. I think you might be mistaken like most things you have posted so far.

Rontampon is friends with me. Yeah, it sort of has a nice ring to it.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #246
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Really? I actually don't remember doing that. I think you might be mistaken like most things you have posted so far.

Rontampon is friends with me. Yeah, it sort of has a nice ring to it.
I declined and you never recovered.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #247
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Sure ya do. You have nothing to offer here anymore. You have been done for days. You are just set on repeat. You have hid your stupidity well over the years..till now.
You haven't said anything of real value since this thread started. You probably don't even work on your stuff. Just take it to the local motorsports shop and sign the big check. Do you even race your own car or do have someone else do that for you too?lol!
Old 06-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #248
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
For sure. the entertainment value of this thread is priceless. This one is epic enough I’ve even had my brother and a few friends read it just for good laughs.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #249
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
The real question is, "Can the V8 make the V6 piss itself like mine did to this Prius?

Attachment 991223
Carefull they my have a big brother p90D Tesla
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #250
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
You haven't said anything of real value since this thread started. You probably don't even work on your stuff. Just take it to the local motorsports shop and sign the big check. Do you even race your own car or do have someone else do that for you too?lol!
You haven't offered anything of any value on any thread you have posted in. Post up a vid of you driving that pos GTA around town....lord knows you don't race anything but your yap. Yet here you are talking about things you know nothing about. You have gone from a joke to a complete embarrassment. I'm kinda wondering why I'm even wasting my time with you when nobody else is.

Last edited by rontammy0; 06-14-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #251
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
For sure. the entertainment value of this thread is priceless. This one is epic enough I’ve even had my brother and a few friends read it just for good laughs.
Haha......
Old 06-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #252
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
You haven't offered anything of any value on any thread you have posted in. Post up a vid of you driving that pos GTA around town....lord knows you don't race anything but your yap. Yet here you are talking about things you know nothing about. You have from a joke to a complete embarrassment. I'm kinda wondering why I'm even wasting my time with you when nobody else is.
I guess it's true that you just take it in and have it worked on and then write the big check. Oh I forgot, your wife Tammy Tampons probably writes the big check.

I don't know everything, but I do know there are (not all but some) L99 owners with a really fragile ego and they can't do anything but try to hurl insults in their retarded weak azz comebacks to non V8 owners.

Your pathetic 375 rwhp is not that impressive. At least to the degree you spout off like you're John Force or something.

Just another lifter exploding 3900+lb 2SS L99 owner that thinks his car is the shizzz. You are no true gear head, you're a dupe. You probably drive your wife's Kia minivan during the day.