Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #15
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Looking at the sct website you can still by the tuning device but they won't alter anything to do with emissions.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
Lol I posted this yesterday and it got moved to off topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Yeah I saw that. There's hardly any traffic here now and they move the few new good posts elsewhere sheesh! I'd say its a pretty relevant topic for us to discuss here it may affect a lot of people who frequent this board & I'm one of them.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185962

Lack of traffic doesn't absolve our commitment to keeping things organized. It makes it easier for all even if there isn't ten new subjects on the first page every time it's selected.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:08 PM   #17
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
The EPA has no authority over China or any country about what they do or don`t do.
I know. Was just venting over the fact that the US is one of the cleanest nations and yet we are making all the sacrifice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2018, 11:13 PM   #18
pnwdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185962

Lack of traffic doesn't absolve our commitment to keeping things organized. It makes it easier for all even if there isn't ten new subjects on the first page every time it's selected.
I don't disagree and I'm not trying to start anything but at the same time there seems to be a subjective approach to it. Some posts are moved when they really are a general topic focused on something Camaro related and others which ask for help about a specific topic and clearly fall into a technical category (not general) are left alone.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:41 AM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
We are trying...

Some are a stretch to “Camaro” related items, which is the original intent of the general page... The thread in question doesn’t fit this bill, but when I come in here and there are 5 wheel threads, 2 threads about some former vendor getting smacked down, and 8 SS/LS/LT/ZL1/Z28 bolt on’s, it’s almost like fingernails on a chalk board...

I’m trying to balance a lack of activity with relevance and viewership/comments.

It isn’t perfect, and I apologize for that; it is a balancing act.

I didn’t see it as either of you were trying to start anything...

I really do appreciate the more veteran members that are still here and engaged.

Thank You...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #20
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
EPA should focus on countries running on coal like China and focus on bigger machinery like trains and ships before they worry about me spewing emissions on my 2.5 mile commute

The Environmental Protection Agency, which is an AMERICAN agency, should focus on China?

What are you even trying to say here?!

OH I see your post about the US being one of the cleanest nations, and lol no that isn't even really true either... like all of the EU has stricter emissions laws than us and has for many years.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #21
pnwdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
The Environmental Protection Agency, which is an AMERICAN agency, should focus on China?

What are you even trying to say here?!

OH I see your post about the US being one of the cleanest nations, and lol no that isn't even really true either... like all of the EU has stricter emissions laws than us and has for many years.
Just so we are clear, I KNOW.
I popped it off as a smart @ss comment.

The EU as a whole is relatively clean however the UK still ranks higher in pollution than the US. The US ranks lower than most. The middle east ranks the highest...

Either way, my point is that they keep holding us down to more and more strict standards when it isn't our vehicles causing the worlds issues. Yes we play a part but emissions from these countries as well as from cargo ships, cruise ships, and other industries world wide are the bigger problem.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #22
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Yes mate i saw this the other day and have been watching for what this means
So Steve, any insight on what this means for us non cat guys, that will still need future tunes as we mod. Have a cam and underdrive on the way that will be installed over the Holidays. Should we be considering swapping to Hi flow cats, or what's to be expected?
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote