Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
There is nothing wrong with adding shorties. I believe that shorties don't add anything but sound if you only replace the headers. If you install a quality cat-back and CAI your shorties will flow better and get you some more power. Not everyone wants, or needs to add 75 hp with long tubes that requires illegal parts and a warranty voiding tune to get it! If you want a few more hp, good sound and still stay legal and keep your stock tune then shorties are the only way to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
Amen.
+2 Admittedly, that money could go toward a really nice CAI or something, but with the PCMs getting as smart as they are, even if you reflash before going into the dealership, it's my understanding they can still look and see if the car's been reflashed before... It's not like adding a Maggy, or something else that covers where the OEM warranty goes bye-bye, isn't much better, but for the small price they charge, that kinda' restores a lot of confidence in that particular modification. I don't really think that adding LTs are really going to effect the longevity of the car, but if the dealer and the area rep' really want to put the screws to a person, that's a liability...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Pre-production reports said Borla was making the GMPP exhaust components. Just FYI.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Yeah! I remember that now! WTH went on there?! Oh well; I'm sure the price for the GMPP shorties wouldn't be any less than the Borlas, so not too much of a loss there. I don't really think there would be warranty issues since these don't move of really effect the cats' or rest of the exhaust anyways.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #18
Bosco

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS RS SIM
Maybe you guys already know but a service tech for chevy told me that GM is requiring them to take snapshots of your camaro's computer When you take it in forservice to see if it has been tuned.
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM   #19
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
While not official I think that many factors may have doomed the GMPP Shorty headers.

First the engineers in powertrain have done a great job with the exhaust manifold technology on the LS engines.

Engine dyno testing with the stock manifolds has proved that the stock manifolds work very well. Testing performed with aftermarket headers has resulted in modest gains.
It is the desire of GM Performance Parts to offer a value at a fair price. Given the costs involved and the gains realized there was some concern that the product might not meet sales and or performance expectations.

While I have not heard anything solid it would appear that they might not move forward with the headers.

But, one never knows

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote