Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #1163
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
yeaa but ur testing a special one out, mine is just a regular, did u get the screws for teh radiator?
Not yet...They will come with the new unit. Patrick says they are not needed since the new units fit so tight, we shall see.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #1164
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
UPDATE - I had early bucking issues. Patrick sent me a 2.5 inch unit and a strip of weather-stripping to put on the inside to diffuse some of the volume. I have no bucking issues and the power difference is more than noticeable.
I went to the track last Wednesday night. My best time prior was 13.7 with no tire spin and excellent reaction time. It was much hotter then, but it can't account for all the time and difference in feel. My first run Wednesday was 13.0 with a .5 reaction time. I was taking it real easy and just getting in a practice run. The second run down I got after it and nearly spun the car when I shifted into third it spun the tires so hard. The next few runs down I was consistently spinning the tires in third and FORTH. I know it's only a CAI and muffler delete car, but it is SO different now.
Thanks VARARAM! This unit rocks!!!
For those not in the engineering game, trust in those who are and they'll get the variances worked out for your particular combination. There wouldn't be some of these issues if the unit was under engineered like the tube bolt-ons that the other out there are trying to compete with real tuned units.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #1165
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
UPDATE - I had early bucking issues. Patrick sent me a 2.5 inch unit and a strip of weather-stripping to put on the inside to diffuse some of the volume. I have no bucking issues and the power difference is more than noticeable.
I went to the track last Wednesday night. My best time prior was 13.7 with no tire spin and excellent reaction time. It was much hotter then, but it can't account for all the time and difference in feel. My first run Wednesday was 13.0 with a .5 reaction time. I was taking it real easy and just getting in a practice run. The second run down I got after it and nearly spun the car when I shifted into third it spun the tires so hard. The next few runs down I was consistently spinning the tires in third and FORTH. I know it's only a CAI and muffler delete car, but it is SO different now.
For those not in the engineering game, trust in those who are and they'll get the variances worked out for your particular combination. There wouldn't be some of these issues if the unit was under engineered like the tube bolt-ons that the other out there are trying to compete with real tuned units.
i assume yours ins the no tune version?? is the radiator moving alot?

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #1166
jeffny09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
Not yet...They will come with the new unit. Patrick says they are not needed since the new units fit so tight, we shall see.
keep me updated!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #1167
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Actually temperature is the #1 factor in computing DA. A change in only 10 degrees makes a huge diff Glad to hear your unit is performing well, keeps us posted.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #1168
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
keep me updated!!!
How does yours fit?

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #1169
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Mine is a no-tune version.
Temp change - There was about 50 degrees difference. I know this plays a very important part or people couldn't market CAI's. But, wow.....sure was fun.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #1170
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Temp change - There was about 50 degrees difference. I know this plays a very important part or people couldn't market CAI's. But, wow.....sure was fun.
So how does it fit? Any radiator movement?

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #1171
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Fit is pretty good. The little spacers really don't do much. I can move the radiator by hand, but it doesn't feel flemsy or loose. You can't move it into contact with pulleys or to a point where the hoses become kinked, so it's acceptable at this point.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #1172
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Fit is pretty good. The little spacers really don't do much. I can move the radiator by hand, but it doesn't feel flimsy or loose. You can't move it into contact with pulleys or to a point where the hoses become kinked, so it's acceptable at this point.
They are supposed to make everything snug. If you have any movement I would call Patrick and ask for some bolts. I honestly think it should be secured. I had a little too much movement because my unit was not trimmed like the updated ones. After some serious launches at the track I actually noticed a small gouge in the upper hose from pulley contact. Again my unit is not the trimmed unit. Patrick stressed the new ones and my future one will have zero issues, but I'm always over conservative.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #1173
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

The spacers don't hold the radiator from moving backwards. I just checked and my upper radiator hose did touch the pulley. I had to happen turning those hard launches at the track. It takes considerable force to move it that far. There is a great spot to attached the radiator back to the original mounting holes. If Vararam doesn't have a fix, I will develop something in our fab shop.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #1174
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
The spacers don't hold the radiator from moving back wards. I just checked and my upper radiator hose did touch the pulley. I had to happen turning those hard launches at the track. It takes considerable force to move it that far. There is a great spot to attached the radiator back to the original mounting holes. If Vararam doesn't have a fix, I will develop something in our fab shop.
They have a fix and it was part of the original planning. You take the stock upper mounts, turn them around back wards, then use the longer bolts/washers to re-attach it back to the front clip. The bolts don't come with the unit, but Patrick will send them to you if you have issues with movement.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #1175
jeffny09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
How does yours fit?
i dont have one lol, im on the verge of either vararam or cai,
Quote:
so its only good in nice weather then huh

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #1176
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
anybody making custom radiator mounts for us with the VR CAI?

If not I will attempt to make my own.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote