Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #1191
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
Here is the first run slip. The second run I fish-tailed going into third. After that run I continued to slip in third and never got a better time.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf race night.pdf (34.6 KB, 72 views)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #1192
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
Sorry, I just don't believe that because thats not in the realm of normal. Not in upper 50's. Not on stock power. Maybe bark them, but not spin.

Can you post up your time slips from the night?
I spun through second and third in OKC. Temp was 60. I'm on DR's also. I think the spinning has allot to do with the track. I have several mods, but it takes those mods to equal the RWHP put down by the M6.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #1193
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
Obviously you didnt hear that a Vararam intake stopped a bank robbery in LA and helped deliever a baby in the back of a cab 10 minutes later.
hahaha, thank you for this. back on topic
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #1194
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Obviously you didnt hear that a Vararam intake stopped a bank robbery in LA and helped deliever a baby in the back of a cab 10 minutes later.
Now thats funny right there

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #1195
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Guys I emailed Patrick about removing my wickerbill for data logging and he said

~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"DO NOT REMOVE THE WICKERBILL!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~

conact him if you have any questions

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6

Last edited by Jeanius; 03-16-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #1196
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Just telling people they're wrong also proves nothing bud. It's an intake, not rocket science. Like I said before, post up some logs and make some claims based on data instead of your "butt dyno". All these exaggerated claims (especially with this intake for some reason) tend to draw more speculation than the others I thnk.
It gets REAL OLD when all the VR haters haven't even experienced the unit, yet they bash it. It would be different if just one of you VR haters had actually had one on your car and then returned it. It seems to me that everyone that has one loves it. Even if they have bucking issues. The unit is so strong that they're willing to do what it takes to get it right. The difference the VR makes is THAT MUCH. I went through 3 different units before I got one that didn't buck. Sure I wasn't happy with the bucking, but the WOT performance was so great, I was willing to give Patrick the chance to get it right and he did. I don't have the equipment to data logging and I don't have easy access to dyno. I don't drag race, I'm just a Camaro lovin' dude that wanted the best CAI system out there and I believe I have it. All the hateraid in here gets real old.
It's like you feel you have something to gain by bashing this unit or you feel obligated to tell the masses what a POS the vararam is. You are adding nothing of value.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #1197
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
It gets REAL OLD when all the VR haters haven't even experienced the unit, yet they bash it. It would be different if just one of you VR haters had actually had one on your car and then returned it. It seems to me that everyone that has one loves it. Even if they have bucking issues. The unit is so strong that they're willing to do what it takes to get it right. The difference the VR makes is THAT MUCH. I went through 3 different units before I got one that didn't buck. Sure I wasn't happy with the bucking, but the WOT performance was so great, I was willing to give Patrick the chance to get it right and he did. I don't have the equipment to data logging and I don't have easy access to dyno. I don't drag race, I'm just a Camaro lovin' dude that wanted the best CAI system out there and I believe I have it. All the hateraid in here gets real old.
It's like you feel you have something to gain by bashing this unit or you feel obligated to tell the masses what a POS the vararam is. You are adding nothing of value.
I second this, I installed mine last Thursday, TUNE unit, and I let it learn the filter for the first 100 miles. That Friday night I drove up to Baton Rouge , about 70 miles on the interstate, and 6th gear feels like 5th gear used. You can actually feel the car push you in 6th when you give it gas now. I have a wicker bill installed in mine also because I do not plan on tuning the unit for a while. This is the only modification I have on the camaro and it performs as expected. We always drive with both TC and Stabilitrak on, and before I could catch 2nd gear every now and then. Now I can catch 2nd everytime and I'm not even trying that hard to get the shift point down exactly like I used to have to in order to get the tires to chirp. I was coming home Sunday from Baton Rouge and was going about 75 when I dropped it in 4th and punched it to get around some slow traffic and when I looked down I was well into the triple digits.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #1198
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post

Im not calling it a pos, Im just trying to get people to read the ingredients of the kool-aid before they actually drink it.

Most of the Vararam customers are going from a stock box to the VR unit...then they are like OMG ITS TEH BEST INTAKE EVAR!! Even though they had to get 3 different units to get one that still has surging. But they dont post track times or comparable dyno times. Just butt meters and OMG it sounds like a monster now. LOL. One guy even said it sounded like it has a cam now. Okay so vararam changes cam profiles while fighting crime now too.

Every CAI makes the car louder and adds hp. VR came out with huge claims and nothing to really back it up with.

Look if this thing performs like they claim 35hp and 45lbft (30hp 35tq no tune) of torque then I will be happy to trade in my cai for their unit. 3-5 tenths? Sure. Lets see it though.

Im not drinking the kool-aid till I see proof and then if the kool-aid is legit I will have a big serving of crow with it.
Ghost of Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #1199
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
This thread is for people that received their VR unit, how they are dealing with it, do they like it, etc... If you just want to bitch without even trying one out, get out or just read. They have a money back policy.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #1200
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
This thread is for people that received their VR unit, how they are dealing with it, do they like it, etc... If you just want to bitch without even trying one out, get out or just read. They have a money back policy.
+1

...Mine is running great by the way
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #1201
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
All anyone is saying is OMG BUTTMETER though. Or they are having bucking issues, or they are having bucking issues and OMG BUTTMETER. I dont understand whats wrong with questioning the product or why you think its "bitching". Ive been messing with lsx cars for years and when I hear something that sounds out of the ordinary I question it.

Oh btw the first post was...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Please post here with your number on "The List"

A couple of people are saying they started shipping already, Id like to see how far down the list they have gotten

Please only post if you got your PM from them

Most of the people here shouldnt be posting. But I guess if your going to post positive things without trying the intake first its okay?
Ghost of Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #1202
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Quote:
Im not calling it a pos, Im just trying to get people to read the ingredients of the kool-aid before they actually drink it.

Most of the Vararam customers are going from a stock box to the VR unit...then they are like OMG ITS TEH BEST INTAKE EVAR!! Even though they had to get 3 different units to get one that still has surging. But they dont post track times or comparable dyno times. Just butt meters and OMG it sounds like a monster now. LOL. One guy even said it sounded like it has a cam now. Okay so vararam changes cam profiles while fighting crime now too.

Every CAI makes the car louder and adds hp. VR came out with huge claims and nothing to really back it up with.

Look if this thing performs like they claim 35hp and 45lbft (30hp 35tq no tune) of torque then I will be happy to trade in my cai for their unit. 3-5 tenths? Sure. Lets see it though.

Im not drinking the kool-aid till I see proof and then if the kool-aid is legit I will have a big serving of crow with it.
I posted my track gains vs the stock box. I averaged 4 tenths gain and 2 MPH.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #1203
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

But why do you feel the need to jump in on everything VR related?

The performance was SO GREAT at WOT I was willing to give them the opportunity to get it right. And they did. If my unit was still bucking after 3 units, I'd be all over this thread and others telling people to stay away. They did get it right. Should it have been right from the start? Hell yes it should have been. Would I have been willing to try a replacement unit if the thing wasn't totally kick ass? Hell no! It took them a while in my case but the unit does work.

This is not my first rodeo dude. I've had other CAI on other cars. I know what they're capable of. The vararam adds much more power.

I can understand not believing what they have on their web site but what about the data TAG posted months ago? I think Powerfreak has had his on a dyno too.

And finally,I could give a shit if you get the vararam or not. I'm just tired of all the haters that have no experience with the unit jumping in to bash it.

Peace!
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #1204
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Guys I emailed Patrick about removing my wickerbill for data logging and he said

~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"DO NOT REMOVE THE WICKERBILL!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~

conact him if you have any questions

BUMP for anyone who missed it

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote