Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #57
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I need to make plans with u to have u install your new relay thingy.
I had a customer come back from Jacksonville for a Super Chiller issue and found it was the new wiring update with the Diode so I don’t think any one should continue to use it or install it. It worked fine during testing but once he got some miles on it ICWT started acting crazy!

The only solution I have is to stay or go back to original wiring setup or add a second Vacuum Solenoid under hood under the existing one. I was trying to stay away from adding a second solenoid and keep it clean. If anyone is determined to have this setup, mostly intended for ¼ mi racing PM me and I will hook you up.
Thank You,
Dave

Last edited by TrekGTO; 08-12-2012 at 07:06 AM.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #58
TrekGTO

Quote:
Glad to see u made it Dave.
Yes I met some great people and put faces to some business names finaly. Frankly seeing my Indy Family I haven’t seen since my brothers passing in 98 was the best!

IPF Tuning was just across from my booth and I was Impressed with there Super Charged V6 setup. I got to talk to the Software developer and he impressed me with his long term tuning of the Bosh Direct Injection Computer. Apparently they have been working with same computer VW / Audi for years. He also said that 2012 V6 Camaro went GM computer and they have that covered as well. IPF Tuning tunes boosted V6 Camaros entirely with software.

Also Roto-Fab hooked me up with some parts that a customer lost for his Whipple CAI FREE, they even sent a bushing USPS no charge. Now that’s support!

Between customers and meeting Business Associates I barely got to look at other Venders. I didn’t see any racing as I was mostly stuck at my booth. My relief was mostly helping with Auto Cross, Driving or watching there car run. I would like to have seen a little of the racing. Every one was complaining about heat but under the tents I didn’t think it was that bad. I stayed with family @ Spencer so my drive was nearly 3hrs each day but I got to see a lot of Indy especially when I was lost LOL.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #59
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
I'd like to see next year's CF5 at the original Valdosta location in Ga. We had an awesome turnout and it was held at a great facility.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #60
TrekGTO

My first Whipple install (shown above) customer was very pleased with results. He has some miles on it now and will be posting his results soon. I can say I saw ICWT in the 40s and corresponding lower IATs. He has the Gauges to quote specific #s but I know he is working this weekend.

Sage and I were very pleased how clean and efficient the Whipple adapted to the Super Chiller. I have another bracket to add to my CNC orders to move the water pump but this cleaned up the water hoses exposed under the hood.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #61
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
I could have used a chiller on my person lol! Good to meet you Dave
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #62
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Trek,
Do you have any installers in the Palm Beach County area?
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #63
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Trek,
Do you have any installers in the Palm Beach County area?
Sorry I would be your closest authorized installer.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #64
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
Whiteside just put mine on recently and after a few minor installation clarifications, it is really pretty amazing. I was running 54 degrees yesterday on a 100 degree day. Normally run about 150
rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #65
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344883233.759318.jpg
Views: 2037
Size:  82.6 KBHere's a pic of my IAT's after a five minute morning start up. The muggy outside air temp was 83F. 48F is pretty "cool".

This post from Bumblebeecamaro using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #66
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rforbes View Post
Whiteside just put mine on recently and after a few minor installation clarifications, it is really pretty amazing. I was running 54 degrees yesterday on a 100 degree day. Normally run about 150
I’m glad they got you going, Tech called me at Camaro5Fest on Saturday for support, I could hardly hear him. I was hiding from storm in car on phone while others held the tents down! We had a terrible rain/wind storm that lasted all of 10min. Just enough to shut everything down, then just as 1/4mi started back it rained again! I left around 5 without knowing what track was going to do. I had 1.5hr drive and Family get together Saturday/Sunday. It was so good to see everyone even if time was short.

Quote:
Attachment 410817Here's a pic of my IAT's after a five minute morning start up. The muggy outside air temp was 83F. 48F is pretty "cool".
These variable compressors have to adjust apparently every time Freon is filled (serviced), cooling starts out poor but once everything balances out temps drop! It’s one thing having the ICWT read out but when you have the IAT display as well customers really see how well this works. My Whipple customer has gauges; he should be posting some good #s soon. He is a member but not very active here. Orders after Camaro5Fest have me spinning just getting everything in order.
Thanks to all for your continued support!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #67
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Do you guys relocate the MAF sensor when you do this? Because the chiller that I have has shorted out my MAF twice now, it creates condensation in the MAF tube which builds on the MAF sensor. Curious how you guys set yours up?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #68
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Do you guys relocate the MAF sensor when you do this? Because the chiller that I have has shorted out my MAF twice now, it creates condensation in the MAF tube which builds on the MAF sensor. Curious how you guys set yours up?
I don’t know what kind of Chiller setup you have that would short out a MAF? I also don’t have enough information to have an opinion? What kind of Super Charger do you have? You may want to go SD Tune.
Email me with more info, I will help if I can.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #69
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
I had a customer come back from Jacksonville for a Super Chiller issue and found it was the new wiring update with the Diode so I don’t think any one should continue to use it or install it. It worked fine during testing but once he got some miles on it ICWT started acting crazy!

The only solution I have is to stay or go back to original wiring setup or add a second Vacuum Solenoid under hood under the existing one. I was trying to stay away from adding a second solenoid and keep it clean. If anyone is determined to have this setup, mostly intended for ¼ mi racing PM me and I will hook you up.
Thank You,
Dave
New wiring update, no Diode just use the 5 terminal relay inside car. Everyone that received an update kit you just need 10' of wire and replace the 5th terminal in relay block. Diagram posted to same link. Anyone that needs anything more for update contact me.
Thanks, Dave

Relay fits perfect on the screw that holds AC duct near the LED.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 08-19-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #70
foster742

Drives: whippled 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
I'm loving my chiller that dave set me up with. I was at sgmp Friday it was 95 degrees out side.everyone one was waiting for it to cool off a little bit. I was the first to run my water temp was 49 and my iat was 76 degrees .when I crossed the finish line at a 120mph my iat was 117 my water was 93 degrees. Only took 10 mins to get the water in the 50s and my iat down in the low 80s high 70s. I freaking love this sytem. It was so worth the time and money I invested in it . I love car cruises slow or fast, doesnt matter its super cold iat stay in the 60 s and 70 s.
foster742 is offline   Reply With Quote