Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
Gaddism1

Drives: 2010 SS Inferno Orange MT
PFADT Lowering Springs Seem to Have Issues??

Folks, it seems that the PFADT lowering springs have many issues that the forum members are discussing the "clunking sound" or "popping sound" that PFADT's seem to produce.

I just received my set of PFADT springs but have not had them installed yet. Should I send them back for a set of BMR, Pedders or Eibach?? I am not sure they are what I believe them top be in terms of quality and I don't want to go through the issues that so many forum members have discussed.

Help!
Gaddism1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
mine have no noise or clunks ! they are perfect!!
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
hvychvy970

Drives: Black 2011 2SSRS owner
I had them before Air Ride and no issues.
Colossians 3:17
RK Sport Rear Spoiler/Black Chrome Powder Coated SS Wheels/Air Lift Suspension/MagnaFlow Competition Axleback 5" Tips/Hurst Short Throw Shifter/Trinity 1000 Programmer/Black GM Heritage Grille/Street Scene Lower Grille w/Ducts/20% Tint/Smoked Exterior Lens Kit/Driver's Side Grand Sport Hash Marks Flat Black

hvychvy970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I have had issues with my rear Pfadt springs. But I do not believe it's because of the springs themselves. As measured, they fell in between Pfadt's specifications.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
No issues on mine.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
I had issues for the longest time however, Pfadt flew into AZ today, worked on my car at Loud Pedal Motorsports and no noises anymore, rides great and makes no noises.

Hopefully Pfadt will make a detailed post about what the problem was because I know a lot of people were having similar issues.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I have a Pfadt stage two setup on my car, and I'm not really happy with it (anymore). Got it installed in the summer of last year (springs, front and rear sways, endlinks) along with an alignment and it looked great with no noise. Now I took the car out of the garage this week since the weather is so nice, and with the windows down what do I hear? Pop and clunking when I backed out of my garage. Get on the street and its the same noise anytime I go over a bump or uneven surface. It may be time for me to invest in coil overs after all. Not sure if something wore out prematurely or a defect. All I know is that it is irritating.
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
2L82RUN

Drives: ABM SS/RS
No problems with mine.
2L82RUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
No problems with mine.
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketSS View Post
I had issues for the longest time however, Pfadt flew into AZ today, worked on my car at Loud Pedal Motorsports and no noises anymore, rides great and makes no noises.

Hopefully Pfadt will make a detailed post about what the problem was because I know a lot of people were having similar issues.
So what did they do? How did they correct your issue?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
No issues here, have been on the car for about 2yrs, 20k miles.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I have a Pfadt stage two setup on my car, and I'm not really happy with it (anymore). Got it installed in the summer of last year (springs, front and rear sways, endlinks) along with an alignment and it looked great with no noise. Now I took the car out of the garage this week since the weather is so nice, and with the windows down what do I hear? Pop and clunking when I backed out of my garage. Get on the street and its the same noise anytime I go over a bump or uneven surface. It may be time for me to invest in coil overs after all. Not sure if something wore out prematurely or a defect. All I know is that it is irritating.
Check your end links and make sure they are torqued to spec.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddism1 View Post
Folks, it seems that the PFADT lowering springs have many issues that the forum members are discussing the "clunking sound" or "popping sound" that PFADT's seem to produce.

I just received my set of PFADT springs but have not had them installed yet. Should I send them back for a set of BMR, Pedders or Eibach?? I am not sure they are what I believe them top be in terms of quality and I don't want to go through the issues that so many forum members have discussed.

Help!
This is interesting to hear considering I was leaning towards Pdaft springs. I might just check out BMR. Don't need the hassle.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
Gaddism1

Drives: 2010 SS Inferno Orange MT
If you do a search on Pfadt Springs there are many positive comments but there are also many negative comments. If you search on the other big names such as Pedders or BMR there doesn't seem to be many if any negative comments about the spring making noise or should I say the spring not being seated properly. I am heading to Jannetty Racing this week for a tune and headers. I will ask the folks there what they think about Pfadt.
Gaddism1 is offline   Reply With Quote