Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 PM   #43
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Well, I guess the salesman was wrong. He said they were going to discount the car due to "damage" that he disclosed. He got back to me and the price stayed the same, $54k. Kinda bummed they didn't budge at all. Now we'll have to see what they'll give for my ZL1. I don't want a dime more than it's worth, but if they lowball then I'm done. Love the car, but not worth getting less than what I should.
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:04 PM   #44
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
Well, I guess the salesman was wrong. He said they were going to discount the car due to "damage" that he disclosed. He got back to me and the price stayed the same, $54k. Kinda bummed they didn't budge at all. Now we'll have to see what they'll give for my ZL1. I don't want a dime more than it's worth, but if they lowball then I'm done. Love the car, but not worth getting less than what I should.

What kind of damage? Something easily fixed? Just curious.

I wouldn't take it for $54k if I were you. I find out what they will give you for your car, then demand whatever price you want for their car. Then walk away if they don't accept. There are other fish in the sea and you are in the drivers seat.
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #45
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpsmith1 View Post
What kind of damage? Something easily fixed? Just curious.

I wouldn't take it for $54k if I were you. I find out what they will give you for your car, then demand whatever price you want for their car. Then walk away if they don't accept. There are other fish in the sea and you are in the drivers seat.
Somebody tried to steal the car from the dealer. They drilled two holes on either side of the front fascia, apparently thinking they were going to find anchor points or something, not sure. The dealer is getting a new piece and replacing it so it will be like new. When I asked about the price the salesman said, "Well, it's going down now. Even though the car is getting fixed we still have to legally list it as damaged." Not getting a good vibe. I got an initial email from another sales person and then an actual text from another one. I responded multiple times to both and didn't get a single response. It's a pet peeve of mine when communication breaks down like that. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt since it was Sunday, so we'll see what happens today. I told them that since they weren't dropping the price at all then they were going to have to give me more for my ZL1. My gut tells me this is not happening now because I can't see them giving me an extra $3k for my car, which is what I'd want to offset them not dropping the price. Kinda bummed.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #46
rcandiloro

What bums me out even more is that I'm not a hardcore dude when it comes to cars. In fact, I'm a salespersons dream. I'll haggle, but not that much. If I like a car I don't mind paying MSRP. I'm not asking for the moon on this car, just a little bit, especially since the salesman told me they would drop the price. I go to Kelly Blue Book and usually ask for the price smack in the middle so I'm not unrealistic about what I should get for my car when trading it in. We'll see.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #47
Mpsmith1

I truly hope it works out for ya, but I know what you mean about not liking communication break-downs. Doesn't seem like dealers are customer focused these days. Hope it works out for you, dude!
Old 04-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #48
rcandiloro

All right gents, we're back on track. It turns out both salesman were out Sunday and Monday, which is why I didn't hear from them. Moving forward on this, but just a bit nervous. I truly love my ZL1 and am potentially buying this thing based on all the awesome comments (I haven't even test driven one)......just tell me I will love it!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #49
Gerry S

Drives: 15 Chevy RS 2SS 6-Speed manual
I work for a dealership in sales so I'm thinking that there trying to get off the car at just under invoice. All I know is that when they do sell the Z28 they are going to loose because of all the floor plan they paying on the car. So sad to see that car set there so long. That's awful to see a dealership not able to market a car like that . Poor sales environment. Keep trying they need to cut their losses.
Gerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:49 PM   #50
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
All right gents, we're back on track. It turns out both salesman were out Sunday and Monday, which is why I didn't hear from them. Moving forward on this, but just a bit nervous. I truly love my ZL1 and am potentially buying this thing based on all the awesome comments (I haven't even test driven one)......just tell me I will love it!
I have a 13 ZL1 and a 15 Z/28. Z/28 is king. ZL1 is soft.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #51
Mpsmith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
I have a 13 ZL1 and a 15 Z/28. Z/28 is king. ZL1 is soft.

Soft? How do you figure that?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #52
markstoys

Drives: 2015 Z28 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
I hadn't driven one either!! Many of us didn't. You will not be disappointed.
Neither did I. The only way to REALLY test drive one of these is on a track. You can barely get a glimpse of what this car can do on the street (and certainly not while obeying all traffic laws!). I agree that you will not be disappointed.
markstoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #53
rcandiloro

Final offer in, salesman thinks his boss will say yes. Will find out tomorrow. I think this is a done deal......
Old 04-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #54
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
I test drove a z28 and my first impression was it drove a lot like my 1le but more hard core . I was surprised at the ride thought it would be punishing but it was not. Breaks were amazing stopped on a dime . Some reason the shifter felt better than my 1 le but I think there the same factory part . If you like to drive all out like I do I'm my 1 le , it might be a little too fast for the streets untill the tires are up to temperature then it puts all the power to the ground. Dealer advertised Internet price of $51 k when I got there the price changed to $56 k . There were too many scratches to count on the 2015 black z28 because the car was sitting outside dealership since August of 2014 . Compared to my 2013 1le which has zero scratches and only 3,700 miles . I believe remaining 2015 z 28's on dealer lots will be a tough sell and here's why the 2016 camaro ss are amazing cars especially the interior is far superior to the 5th gen camaros . Those who are patient and wait until June or July will see new 2015 z28's in the $49 k or below price . I do see the appeal of the z28 and still want one badly , however the new car buyers in the market are looking for every bell and whistle and they do not see the appeal of the z28 therefore they will have to discount further to sell remaining z28's.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 PM   #55
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
IDK Charlie46. According to Cars.com we are under 100 cars left. We were over 150 at the beginning of April.

I want to go back and read these threads 3 years from now. I think we'll be very entertained. Once these cars are out of inventory and half the herd get trashed or high miles you'll be lucky to find one. Maybe not but 1800 cars is not many.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #56
t_towner

Drives: Chevys, Fords a Mopar and Ferrari
And it looks like every incentive is gone for the remaining 2015 Z's? Appears that pretty much half of the new inventory was sold in April. (161 and now 79 units showing). We'll prob see dealers selling Z's on the MSO for decades.
2015 Z28 #995 - Xpel Stealth Wrapped
Also a car hoarder...

t_towner is offline   Reply With Quote