Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
I'm Sad/Torn Right Now, And Confused!

I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
Old 06-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Let me help you, who cares? Some people hate yellow cars! Oh, Welcome to the forum.!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Let me help you, who cares? Some people hate yellow cars!
This. I drove a v6 charger at one point and got the same responses but at the end of the day it was the car I picked. Who knows what POS they were driving
Old 06-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Keep the car. Get new friends. You can do better.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Sir, I see you're a local and live close enough where I'll probably run into you on the street. Here's the issue I'm having. At face value, this sounds a lot like you're stirring up poo on this site, getting the old V6vsV8 argument started. If you are serious, why do you care so much about what anyone thinks? I had a 12 45th anniversary RS and made more Camaro friends with that car than I knew what to do with. Perma grinned ear to ear every time I took it out. It's your car and it's a Camaro. Enjoy it.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #6
orbitearl

Drives: 2010 r/s switchblade metalic
Look man, if you got a brand new SS some little punk would say it wasn't worth a crap because you didn't get a Corvette. So don't worry about what people say or think. Like others on here have said, they probably don't even have a Camaro or are driving a piece of crap. As far as the girl, if she cant appreciate you and your property for what you are and enjoy you for you and not a car, trying to be some prissy debutante, get someone real. Believe me, you have a lot nicer car than a lot of other people. Be proud of what you have and enjoy it. Please check your oil regularly, like every Friday.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
It's a lot different than the crappy, underpowered V6 Mustang I bought in '96. This thing is quite respectable in it's performance, even considering the Camaro is NOT a small car.

I am proud of my car, as should you be. It's not "just" a V6. It's a 300+ HP V6.

I would dump the ditz though...
Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #8
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
I don't know why it bothers me, maybe it bothers me because if it were just up to ME, I would be driving a 2003 Ford Focus with 100k plus miles on it and ride it until the wheels came off. If it were just up to me, I would ride for basic transportation only.

I bought the Charger in 2011 and I bought the Camaro this year mainly to impress women and random people coming down the road/at a spotlight that I would never meet. That's the truth.

So when I read these comments, it just makes it feel as though I made a BAD purchase....however....when I logically look at everything, I actually made a very GOOD purchase because there's no reason for me to spend $13k more for the V8 version (2014 or 2015 year) and I surely wasn't going to buy a 2010 V8 version which is a 6 - 7 year old car.

Maybe my entire foundation is off regardless and I shouldn't be trying to "impress women" or other people like this in general.....but then again, I personally liked the Charger and I like the Camaro.

I've only had ONE woman I've been dating talk about why didn't I get the V8. That honestly hurt though, even though it didn't stop her from sleeping with me, it still hurt when she said that.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #9
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
lulz
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:40 PM   #10
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
This thread will go 7+ pages.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I don't know why it bothers me, maybe it bothers me because if it were just up to ME, I would be driving a 2003 Ford Focus with 100k plus miles on it and ride it until the wheels came off. If it were just up to me, I would ride for basic transportation only.

I bought the Charger in 2011 and I bought the Camaro this year mainly to impress women and random people coming down the road/at a spotlight that I would never meet. That's the truth.

So when I read these comments, it just makes it feel as though I made a BAD purchase....however....when I logically look at everything, I actually made a very GOOD purchase because there's no reason for me to spend $13k more for the V8 version (2014 or 2015 year) and I surely wasn't going to buy a 2010 V8 version which is a 6 - 7 year old car.

Maybe my entire foundation is off regardless and I shouldn't be trying to "impress women" or other people like this in general.....but then again, I personally liked the Charger and I like the Camaro.

I've only had ONE woman I've been dating talk about why didn't I get the V8. That honestly hurt though, even though it didn't stop her from sleeping with me, it still hurt when she said that.
Sounds like you need the V8 to impress yourself. The only cure for that is to cut your losses and go for the V8.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #12
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Sounds like they're testing your tenacity, Tenacity.

Hold firm.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #13
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

And quit being a big whiny weeny. Nobody likes that. Man up and drive your V6 with PRIDE!!!

JMHO as always.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Don't let other people bring you down, ask them what they are driving, when they respond with 'vehicle x', an eight year old I-4 pos, say lets race for a hundred bucks. That usually shuts there mouth pretty quick. This is a good one to, this is my daily driver, not my weekend hot rod toy, what's your DD? Again 'vehicle X', wow mine is a 325 hp, sexy beast that gets 30mpg on the freeway and 23 on average, what you got? Don't let other people set your self esteem level. If you go get a SS, some jack wagon will say why didn't you get the z28' or zl1, or a vette ? Live your life for yourself , not other people's validation.

Closed Thread