Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
<< Harris Speed Works Interface Nitrous Controller >>

Nitrous "newbie" here!..

I'm getting a Nitrous Kit on my car and I have some questions.
Has anyone had any problems with the HSW Interface controller.
I would like to hear some opinions.

Just curious,..What are you all using to pull timing?

HSW Interface controller; (http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...?productid=213)
jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
that ZEX kit is pretty nice and comes with a controller
http://www.zex.com/zx/zextm-2010-v8-...us-system.html

or Nitrous Dave's kit
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...6&product=3926

i was once looking into nitrous, and i found out that they can apply 12 volts(toggle switch) to the ECM and it can switch over to the E85 tune in which it would then be tuned for the nitrous, that way when you were not spraying you switch back to your regular tune. I even had a panel made......
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Nice
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post

or Nitrous Dave's kit

i was once looking into nitrous, and i found out that they can apply 12 volts(toggle switch) to the ECM and it can switch over to the E85 tune in which it would then be tuned for the nitrous, that way when you were not spraying you switch back to your regular tune. I even had a panel made......
That panel looks sick. May have to look into this someday.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Thanks Bro!

I'm getting a plate kit from "Nitrous Outlet" (..Nitrous Dave's) and I order a similar switchplate from "Emblempros".

I just need to know more about "pulling timing". I use my car as a "DD" and occasionally I like to take it to the Track.

I don't want to get a tune for the Nitrous and them lose power when I'm driving NA.

I've been looking at the "Lingenfelter" LNC-002, "Timing Tuner" Timing Nitrous controller and the "HSW" Interface Nitrous controller.

I'd like to know 'IYO'..which one is better for my money.

Quote:

or Nitrous Dave's kit

(Emblempros switchplate)
Attached Images

jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlugo View Post
I've been looking at the "Lingenfelter" LNC-002, "Timing Tuner" Timing Nitrous controller and the "HSW" Interface Nitrous controller.

Im not familar enough with all the different controllers to give an educated opinion
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
I'm selling my Nitrous Outlet kit if you're interested. It also has the HSW Interface.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
LNC-2000 to pull timing here. Plugs right in to factory coil harness and needs only one activation wire to be hooked up to your window/tps switch.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

or Nitrous Dave's kit

I think you apply ground not 12v at least the one I installed per EFIL instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlugo View Post
Thanks Bro!

I'm getting a plate kit from "Nitrous Outlet" (..Nitrous Dave's) and I order a similar switchplate from "Emblempros".

I just need to know more about "pulling timing". I use my car as a "DD" and occasionally I like to take it to the Track.

I don't want to get a tune for the Nitrous and them lose power when I'm driving NA.

(Emblempros switchplate)
I believe the difference is that the LNC pulls timing and you can see it using tuning software where the HSW takes the timing after so the software does not see it. They both pull the timing though.

I was going to use the EFIL COS to pull timing by grounding a wire I installed in the ECM but never got a chance to. Whenever I went to the track I would simply reflash the ECM with the nitrous tune. Depending on how much you spray and the tranny reflashing might be better for you. When spraying a 200 shot I needed to change he tranny setting otherwise it would shift too late and hit the rev limiter. I have the nitrous tune shift earlier and raised the rev limiter.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
I would personally do the LNC from lingenfelter. It plugs embetween the main coil pack connectors. It is the best method I have seen for pulling timing. It can remove up to 15 degrees of timing with out the need for computer software.

Not only is the the most reliable method you can actualy varify it is pulling timing due to the 15 volt reference wire off the unit.

Pluss lingenfelter is there in the need of warranty or technical support. Due a search on LS1 tech about Harris. Its not looking to good. Just a FYI

Let me know if I can help in any way. We keep the Lingenfelters on the shelf.
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote