Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #15
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
Chantilly Lace, now flamed out and complete..... being cleaned up by the boys..

Chantilly looking dripping wet.....showing off her stance and fat 315's

in some morning sun...

the flames are subtle, yet, if the sun hits em right, they really explode and pop off of the car, it is a very cool effect that is diffulcult to capture in a image....

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
LittleMT
user bann'd

Now Chantilly has the look, she had the stance, she had the wheels and rubber, she had the music.....but she lacked power and sound.... I purchase Texas Speed headers and had them installed at Solid Technology in Albuquerque...car was also dyno tuned, officially destroying the power train warentee.... she made 367hp/385tq, a nice gain, but yet she was still a slowpoke...

Also, the car now sounded terrible, as with the long tubes and no gato's, the car become too loud.... from one extreme to another...

Last edited by LittleMT; 10-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Your car is lookin pretty sweet, unfortunatly I have yet to check it out in person but from what I see in your journal definetly one of the best around congrats.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
LittleMT
user bann'd

I knew I needed more power, and was very worried about the stock AFM L99 Lifters on my car, a known failure point.... I knew these had to go, and I knew I needed more power....

Having always been intrigued by the work out of ADM's shop, reading thread after thread of Andy's masterpieces... I decided to pm Andy, and I told him Chantilly was a slowpoke...

He said he had a fix for that..... and a appointment was made.......

Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
LittleMT
user bann'd

Chantilly arrives at ADM Performance in Lewisville TX....

Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #20
LittleMT
user bann'd

Andy the Artist, waisted no time, and embraced Chantilly, and begun to welcome her into the ADM brother hood...in my case sister hood....a super secret society....where fantasy becomes reality....

the car was completely disassembled, as the entire drivetrain removed, the rear end removed, the gas tank removed, the car was just a shell.....

Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #21
LittleMT
user bann'd

the mad scientist at work.... transforming a sluggish slowpoke into something to be recon'd with....

Engine teardown begins, Pistons and cylinder walls after 12k miles:

GT11 Boost friendly camshaft for a LS3 conversion.

Lingenfelter LS3 CNC ported complete cylinder heads with light-weight hollow stem intake valves and heavy duty inconel exhaust valves that are designed to be durable even under extreme high temperature conditions seen with supercharged or turbocharged applications.

LS3 cylinder heads are precision CNC machined on a 5 axis CNC machine to ensure that tight tolerances are maintained. The Lingenfelter CNC porting procedure is a computer controlled machining operation that duplicates details from a finished Lingenfelter hand ported cylinder head. The port and chambers are carefully designed to provide the best combination of high flow capabilities across the entire valve lift range. The Lingenfelter quality control procedures include sectioning sample cylinder heads to confirm minimum wall thicknesses.

Following porting each head receives: Precision 3 angle valve job to maximize flow & provide extended life, CC checking chamber size for correct compression, surfacing to insure deck flatness, deburring, pressure testing, professional assembly, setting spring height & checking all tolerances, and serial number:

Old 10-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #22
LittleMT
user bann'd

Old L99 VVT camshaft, crappy lifters, cam phaser removed:

assembly begins, notched pistons lowering compression looking real
clean now after Andy the surgeon works his magic..

Bolt the heads on.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #23
LittleMT
user bann'd

2.9l Whipple fitted, a work of art by a man whom has perfected his craft, Andy the Awesome:

Install complete and she fires up, car now has 3:45 rearend gears, ADM fuel system;

ADM stealth boost guage, looks factory and keeps the car looking sleeper and stockish, I have never been a fan of the pillar guages:

Old 10-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #24
LittleMT
user bann'd

Chantilly sitting pretty on ADM's dyno, Chantilly was dirty from the drive to the Dallas area, and also from being disassemble and then reassembled, and yet her paint looks wet and fresh as Andy the Impossible took immaculate care of the car:

Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #25
LittleMT
user bann'd

This setup was built for my higher altitude and 91 octane, and was a auto, and now a geared auto. These things were limitations presented to Andy the Great, and would cost us some power, as a tune for 93 Octane and/or better meant Andy the Adonis would have added more timing, and made more power. Also as everyone knows, auto's dyno lower, and a geared one even lower.

With that said Andy the magnificent blew us away.... He did this entire build in 2 days, kept the car for a 3rd day breaking the engine/gears in, ensuring no leaks or issues, as well as street tuning and data logging..

Chantilly gave me these numbers, looking at the graph you will see the pre dyno numbers and the post, notice the car now redlines at 6800rpm and notice the new hp at redline as oppose to the pre redline hp number:

Now Chantilly roams around hunting her prey, the only clue might be her fat 11 inch rear wheels with 315's, other then that, she looks normal, especially with the stock exhaust on, yeah Andy the Musician fixed that ugly sound..

Last edited by LittleMT; 10-25-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
LittleMT
user bann'd

I want to thank the many experts whom were brought in to work their magic on Chantilly, making her the car she is today...

I'll tell you, she already has some rather nasty 'kill' stories, that unfortunately can't be posted here... we'll just say, Andy the Sensation, solved the slowpoke problem...

Chantilly Lace.....You know what I like!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
LittleMT
user bann'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
Your car is lookin pretty sweet, unfortunatly I have yet to check it out in person but from what I see in your journal definetly one of the best around congrats.
Thank you kindly, I appreciate the kind words...

Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #28
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Nice!