Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Is This Even Possible (Part 2)

I ordered at the end of June. As of today I'm still at 1100.

As of yesterday, my dealer says they have allocation, and my Camaro is #1 of 3 on their waiting list, but he said they did not have an allocation date. However, they also said they estimated the car would be there by the end of this month.

My question is: is that even possible? If it isn't, what's a good estimated day of arrival?
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post

As of yesterday, my dealer says they have allocation, and my Camaro is #1 of 3 on their waiting list, but he said they did not have an allocation date. However, they also said they estimated the car would be there by the end of this month.

My question is: is that even possible? If it isn't, what's a good estimated day of arrival?
maybe they gave u the wrong order number.. cuz doesnt 1100 mean chevy didnt recieve order yet or something..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
CamaroFemme

I think it means they haven't accepted it to be built yet. The dealer says once it gets going it "only takes a couple of days to make the car."
Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post

After GM picks up the order (event 2000) plan on another 6-8 weeks on average for delivery...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Yikes! What options did you get?
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Yikes! What options did you get?

I didn't! It's "just" (ahem ) an automatic 2SS!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
zonepro77

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sounds like your dealer is pulling your chain. If they had allocation like you say, your order would have been picked up already. 1100 means the order has been entered, but GM has not accepted it yet, and it won't get picked up until your dealer has allocation slots available. Even if your order got picked up today, you probably would be looking at a build date of the end of the month or the beginning of the next month. Some people on here have received their vehicles as soon as 5 weeks after GM has picked up the order, and others have waited much longer. Unfortunately, that means at the earliest, you would be looking at a delivery time frame of the end of October. But if your dealer does not have allocation, you could be sitting at 1100 for several months. I am in the same boat. I asked my dealer if they had allocation before I ordered, and they said yes. Now they say the do not, and I have been at 1100 for 6 weeks.
zonepro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonepro77 View Post
Sounds like your dealer is pulling your chain. If they had allocation like you say, your order would have been picked up already. 1100 means the order has been entered, but GM has not accepted it yet, and it won't get picked up until your dealer has allocation slots available. Even if your order got picked up today, you probably would be looking at a build date of the end of the month or the beginning of the next month. Some people on here have received their vehicles as soon as 5 weeks after GM has picked up the order, and others have waited much longer. Unfortunately, that means at the earliest, you would be looking at a delivery time frame of the end of October. But if your dealer does not have allocation, you could be sitting at 1100 for several months. I am in the same boat. I asked my dealer if they had allocation before I ordered, and they said yes. Now they say the do not, and I have been at 1100 for 6 weeks.
So if the dealer tells me they have allocation, should they not also be able to tell me their allocation date? I am aware that their estimated date of arrival was just that - an estimate, but still.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
You may of misunderstood what the dealer was saying. I am guessing they are expecting to have your order "PLACED" by the end of the month. Which means as Slingshot stated about 6 to 8 weeks from that date.

1. First ask for your WorkBench ORDER # It will Look like this: "NVK6JHH". That can be used on Camaro5.com to track your car to followup on your dealer if you have any doubts.

2. Request a regular update via email on the status code on the order. "1100 "means the order was added to workbench and the combination or options and parts were ACCEPTED as being in the correct format. Once the order has been "PLACED" the status code will be in the 2000's. Status codes in the 3000's means the parts are being ordered and gathered for your car. 3400 means the order has been 'BROADCAST', think of it as a huge shoppig cart that has all your parts in it that is being wheeled to the beginning of the production line. 3800 your car is now PRODUCED and a VIN has been ISSUED. Now the excitement starts, 4000's are used for cars that are bayed and awaiting shipment and for cars in transit to the dealership. 5000 means your car is sitting at the dealership waiting for you and 6000 means you are at home with the checkbook balancing your accounts with the Camaro waiting in your garage for a road trip.

I hope this helps
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
zonepro77

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If they have allocation, they will be able to tell you when the slots are available. The dealer gets a set amount of allocation slots per month. Actually, for the next couple of weeks, GM is on an allocation by week basis. If you ordered in June, and are first on their list, if your dealer had allocation slots, your order would have been picked up by now.
zonepro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Not possible. I'm in the same boat as you. Check out my sig...
Brian2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS/RS View Post
Not possible. I'm in the same boat as you. Check out my sig...
another guy on here order in June and he already received his..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
You may of misunderstood what the dealer was saying. I am guessing they are expecting to have your order "PLACED" by the end of the month. Which means as Slingshot stated about 6 to 8 weeks from that date.

1. First ask for your WorkBench ORDER # It will Look like this: "NVK6JHH". That can be used on Camaro5.com to track your car to followup on your dealer if you have any doubts.

2. Request a regular update via email on the status code on the order. "1100 "means the order was added to workbench and the combination or options and parts were ACCEPTED as being in the correct format. Once the order has been "PLACED" the status code will be in the 2000's. Status codes in the 3000's means the parts are being ordered and gathered for your car. 3400 means the order has been 'BROADCAST', think of it as a huge shoppig cart that has all your parts in it that is being wheeled to the beginning of the production line. 3800 your car is now PRODUCED and a VIN has been ISSUED. Now the excitement starts, 4000's are used for cars that are bayed and awaiting shipment and for cars in transit to the dealership. 5000 means your car is sitting at the dealership waiting for you and 6000 means you are at home with the checkbook balancing your accounts with the Camaro waiting in your garage for a road trip.

I hope this helps
I specifically asked (each time) when I can expect my car, not when they will accept my order. I know my workbench number and continually bug Viz for tracking.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonepro77 View Post
If they have allocation, they will be able to tell you when the slots are available. The dealer gets a set amount of allocation slots per month. Actually, for the next couple of weeks, GM is on an allocation by week basis. If you ordered in June, and are first on their list, if your dealer had allocation slots, your order would have been picked up by now.
The sales manager said I'm first on their list NOW. I don't know if I always was.