Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Randy Couture 7 77.78%
James Toney 0 0%
I just want to see someone get KTFO... 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
Wow, my last post was full of fail before I edited it. I was thinking Penn won the first fight by decision. I guess I thought he should had won and so, I remembered him as winning!

no worries brother, i was a bit confused by your post, but didn't want to say anything.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I never want to see another Lentz fight again. That was extremely boring.

What a performance by Joe Lauzon; brutal win!!!

I thought for sure they were going to stop the Nate - Davis fight. Davis looked messed up!

I expected Toney to at least throw one punch; that did not happen. I don't think we will see anymore boxers for a while; unless they train in MMA for at least a couple of years first.

What is wrong with BJ? He needs to get mental help! All he did was one take-down at the beginning of the 4th and one at the beginning of the 5th. The rest was all Frankie!

<from wiki>
Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Pierce defeated Alves via submission (cross-body armbar) at 3:11 of round 3.
Welterweight bout: Soto defeated Osipczak via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Middleweight bout: Miller defeated Salter via submission (anaconda choke) at 1:53 of round 2. This bout aired on Spike TV after the Lauzon vs. Ruediger fight.

Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Lightweight bout: Lentz defeated Winner via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27).
Lightweight bout: Lauzon defeated Ruediger via submission (armbar) at 2:01 of round 1.

Main card
Welterweight bout: Diaz defeated Davis via technical submission (guillotine choke) at 4:02 of round 3.
Lightweight bout: Maynard defeated Florian via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Middleweight bout: Maia defeated Miranda via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Heavyweight bout: Couture defeated Toney via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 3:19 of round 1.
Lightweight Championship bout: Edgar defeated Penn via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45).
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
well i just saw this tread and i was going to start a thread like this but the last time i did some one posted that ufc and camaro have nothing to do with each other. then i posted that the ufc was building ten camaro to sell off. the i saw that randy bought a camaro and silva bought one and then ufc had a comen gound with camaros. anyway the fight tonight was great and randy did what he always does, he took him to the ground and show toney that mma is not just boxing then after he beat him he gave respect to boxing. randy is a classy guy. Penn did not show up tonight and his prformance was not there im wodering if penn is looking to tie it up. it was a good night of fights. and the next one is sept 15th.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #18
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
FAIL!!!!

After all of the hype a 3 minute fight. Stopped at the local bar to watch this and was very disappointed. Oh well, Courture Won !!! Yay for the 47 year olds!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I have to say that the outcome of the Couture/Toney fight was predictable and I was really disappointed with most of the other fights. I have to apologize and say that I was not very impressed with the Penn/Edgar fight.