Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Drives: 1SS IBM w/ SIM Stripes
Exclamation *******NON-RS HALOS*******

Ok guys, I got some AAC dual blue/white halos and I'm going to make up the DIY since I haven't seen one on here for Non-RS type headlights. I know everyone has seen the install on the RS type headlights, myself included. I'm doing one headlight first and then I'll take pictures of the second headlight for the DIY. All the steps are the same as doing the RS lights except for taking out the black bezel. I'll have pics posted either by the end of this weekend or early next week!!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Good Luck! I was in the same position and I cut out a good portion of the inside of the headlight so that it would work how I wanted it too!

The halos weren't fitting in to well for the non-RS. The diameter was fine, just the thickness of the halo itself was blocking a good sitting spot for the halo.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

all i've done so far is took the lense apart and situated the halo in the center or the chrome bezel and epoxied the top of the halo on the edge of the chrome bezel (or whatever its called). it's all dried. i drilled a small hole in the bottom of the plastic housing for the wires. so now all i gotta do is get the silicone and put it back together and wire it up. i'm gonna wire both halos to one switch via a 5 pole 12vdc relay. should hopefully have them both done tonightish.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
all i've done so far is took the lense apart and situated the halo in the center or the chrome bezel and epoxied the top of the halo on the edge of the chrome bezel (or whatever its called). it's all dried. i drilled a small hole in the bottom of the plastic housing for the wires. so now all i gotta do is get the silicone and put it back together and wire it up. i'm gonna wire both halos to one switch via a 5 pole 12vdc relay. should hopefully have them both done tonightish.
The 5 pole relay is really the best option for dual halos. If you're wiring them to the battery post or a hot lead then you'll need to install a switch between that and the relay. Otherwise it would always be on. Other option is to wire it to an ignition wire or the parking lights.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
im gonna do a write up on the Lightwurkz OrionV2 Rings. They will be delivered by Monday.
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
The 5 pole relay is really the best option for dual halos. If you're wiring them to the battery post or a hot lead then you'll need to install a switch between that and the relay. Otherwise it would always be on. Other option is to wire it to an ignition wire or the parking lights.
im probably gonna go the parking lights route on this. ive read that i could also hook up the red wire to the + on the fuse box under the hood. im pretty sure that shuts off when the car is off so the halos won't stay on witht the car off. correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLaDeL_LyRiKaL View Post
im gonna do a write up on the Lightwurkz OrionV2 Rings. They will be delivered by Monday.
nice!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY-RAY View Post
im probably gonna go the parking lights route on this. ive read that i could also hook up the red wire to the + on the fuse box under the hood. im pretty sure that shuts off when the car is off so the halos won't stay on witht the car off. correct me if im wrong.
Yea the parking lights route is the quickest and easiest way to go and your correct, after u turn the car off, u flick the light switch to the off position and the halo's go off too.
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Camaro5@Lightwurkz
Account Suspended

Drives: Maxima
too bad you guys are so far apart, would be cool to do a side by side!
Camaro5@Lightwurkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

What's up guys, I haven't forgotten about putting up the diy. I've just had some issues with the wring. I have to get another 5 pole relay b/c I bought the wrong one....stupid me. I should have it up by this weekendish. It would be cool to do a side by side thing, but like you said, the whole distance thing lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
RAY-RAY
Pure Anger On Wheels!

alrighty, the DIY is up for everyone to see!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
ATL Muscle
Account Suspended

Drives: A Few Camaros. All V8.
Question: I was unable to get all of the old glue off of the lights, while that cause a problem?
ATL Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #13
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Wow, old thread. You can use a razor blade if it is on the edge.