Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #197
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuLe View Post
BTW LE is my last name LOL
such a tool

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #198
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I find it funny how people are already saying that there's no way this thing keeps up with a Boss LS...we haven't seen ANY numbers from it yet guys! Remember when everyone flipped out, saying that without weight reduction, there was no way the ZL1 would be a respectable track car? Then it laid down a 7:41.27 on the Nurburgring. And easily handled the Boss LS. And beat the GT-R at VIR. Still want to make that claim?

The guys building and designing these cars for GM are engineers. As a mechanical engineer myself, I can tell you that if the car isn't right and it isn't going to do what it's supposed to do, it won't get built. How about we enjoy the fact that Chevy is adding another Camaro to the line-up for at least a few days before we start jumping to conclusions and saying that they got in wrong? Hell, how about for once we don't jump to conclusions on the performance before it even hits the track?

Personally, I'm extremely excited for this car, and I'm glad that I decided to wait for the 2013 model year to buy my Camaro. Now I have to decide if I want to add the 1LE package to my SS. If the price is right, Chevy might have one of their first buyers right here Decisions, decisions...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #199
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
This is awesome !! GO GM !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #200
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
Personally, I'm extremely excited for this car, and I'm glad that I decided to wait for the 2013 model year to buy my Camaro. Now I have to decide if I want to add the 1LE package to my SS. If the price is right, Chevy might have one of their first buyers right here Decisions, decisions...
Right behind me
Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #201
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We're damned if we do and damned if we don't --

the intent is to allow the customer to tailor his or her 1LE to the way they'd like it.

You may not like the RS package - but others just MAY want it.......

So.........I'd rather 'err' on the side of allowing people to choose options.

I don't see that as a "fail"........

fbodfather...you cant please everyone. lol

The 1LE to me should be a bare bones car...no extras.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #202
z28chuck
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS Camaro
Holy Crap that's alot of whining!! I thought us Camaro guys were, oh I don't know, Camaro Lovers?! All I see is a bunch of whiners drinking HaterAde...
We should all be proud/glad that GM is trying to keep us happy. I love my 2SS/RS but you know, I love the 1LE and the ZL1 too. The only thing that keeps me from owning all of them is a 7 figure income!

Stay focused people...enjoy what you have and buy the next one YOU like. Starting with 426hp is not a bad jump off point and neither is 580hp!
z28chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #203
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
I find it funny how people are already saying that there's no way this thing keeps up with a Boss LS...we haven't seen ANY numbers from it yet guys! Remember when everyone flipped out, saying that without weight reduction, there was no way the ZL1 would be a respectable track car? Then it laid down a 7:41.27 on the Nurburgring. And easily handled the Boss LS. And beat the GT-R at VIR. Still want to make that claim?

The guys building and designing these cars for GM are engineers. As a mechanical engineer myself, I can tell you that if the car isn't right and it isn't going to do what it's supposed to do, it won't get built. How about we enjoy the fact that Chevy is adding another Camaro to the line-up for at least a few days before we start jumping to conclusions and saying that they got in wrong? Hell, how about for once we don't jump to conclusions on the performance before it even hits the track?

Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #204
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
I'm basically doing all this stuff to my SS and I'm about 1/4th of the way done. I wish I could have waited.....too late, cant turn back. I'll just have to buy the steering wheel when it becomes available.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #205
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Which is what I will be buying
I'll third that Motion. But I do think this is the right move to have the 1LE plug the gap between the ZL1 and SS. Probably see a HP bump in the 2013 V8.

The Z/28 will see it's glory in the Gen6 and replace the 1LE.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #206
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Sorry, I don't think so.
I agree, the Z will have new engine. We're going to have to wait on the the C7 Corvette before we see a new Z.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #207
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:

God Bless you.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #208
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
fbod, are there going to be more options. like, i dont know, mrc. Cuz i really want mrc. like really bad.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #209
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmiller92 View Post
fbodfather...you cant please everyone. lol

The 1LE to me should be a bare bones car...no extras.

sooooo...........order it as a 1SS.

In order to remove Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Door locks, power mirrors, and other 'standard' features would cost substantially more money - it would require different wiring harnesses - close-out panels - the re-design of certain hardware and software...........you would be shocked at how much more the costs would be to do all of this...........

..............to sell how many more cars?????

Now - YOU can remove some of the stuff if you wish once you buy the car (...it will drive the BCM crazy by the way, depending on exactly WHAT it is that you remove..........)

We don't build 'em the way we did back in the 60s thru the 90s........

.....we build 'em much better and with more horsepower, engineering prowess, better fuel economy, lower emissions --

Sooooo.......for those of you who want a 'bare bones' 1LE - order the 1SS package - for those of you who want more 'stuff' -- order the 2SS package.............and free-flow options..........
Old 03-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #210
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
I'm not sure how I feel about it... part of me likes the idea of the 1LE and the other part is skeptical. Either way, I am glad GM is adding more options for the Camaro and we will have to see what the final outcome is for this car and how it performs... and more importantly how much this package/options costs?

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?