Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
RiceRocket
Resident Ricer

Drives: 93 Supra TT
RiceRocket Rehab Thread.

Apparently, the powers that be, feel I have been too harsh on everyone with the jokes and rude replies, and I guess I hurt people's feelings, while defending my car and my love for small displacement forced induction engines made in Japan.

Let me just say, I'm not usually such a douchebag, and I generally get along with everyone here, and have gotten along with everyone here in the past.

But just like you guys, when someone repeatedly bashes on something YOU love (LS engines, American cars, Chevy, whatever.....) it undoubtedly gets pretty annoying.
So...I just fired back.

Don't take it so personally, folks.

"You drive a Supra...what are you doing on a Camaro forum?"
"Why are you intruding on our holy camaro-only community?"

I'm sure that's the question going through everyone's head upon reading my posts.

Believe it or not, I am a car enthusiast, which means I have respect for anything fast, powerful, fun to look at, and fun to drive, not to mention, the new Camaro looks ridiculously sweet, and I would love to own one after they hit the dealerships.

I'm not so much a troll, as someone that likes to give a different perspective.
I am an active member on many LS1-based forums, and I have friends within ALL of those communities.
LS1-Tech.com, GTO-Forum.com,corvetteforums.com, the list goes on and on.

So...in conclusion, if this forum unlike all the other LSx forums happens to be a little more sensitive to debate, then tell me to leave and I will gladly leave.

But if I am to stay, keep in mind, every time I see a thread that involves "ricer this....and imports suck....and japanese motors with small displacement are nothing compared to big displacement NA power...."
(love that last one,lol)
I will more than likely feel the need to defend my love for imports.
Just as you would, were someone talking poorly about a Camaro or another LSx powered vehicle, no?

Well, my drinking binge is over, so I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings on that last "Fast and Furious" thread.....I'm better now.

Now, where were we....?

Oh yeah:

Supra's RULE!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yep. That's the Rocket I know!!

There are newer folks here that don't know who you are and this is the first they've read of your posts.

Rocket...for the record and so everyone here knows...I've never had a prob w/ you and completely respect your ride. I agree that I'd get pissy if I were on another forum and someone called my Camaro trash. So, I can understand your want for standing up for what you believe in. I respect that.

For everyone here, Rocket IS a good person. He likes his imports but also likes go fast cars including the new Camaro. Let's all respect each other....NO NAME CALLING EITHER WAY....debate is fine. But, we WILL leave it at that.

Thanks Rocket.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
RiceRocket,

I'd like to commend you on your decision to post the "Rehab" thread.

To be completely honest, I was one of the people who had a little problem with some of the words you chose.

That being said, I'm willing to consider it "water under the bridge".

We're all very loyal to our respective vehicles, and I ask that we all show respect. And in defending our vehicles, lets take the time to consider how our choice of words might be perceived by others.

We're all automotive enthusiasts, and as so, lets represent ourselves well by showing respect to fellow enthusiasts, regardless of the choice of vehicle they are loyal to.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Here here!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
No offense taken here. I thought the Ricer camaro chop was hilarious.

All in good fun.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yep. That's the Rocket I know!!

There are newer folks here that don't know who you are and this is the first they've read of your posts.

Rocket...for the record and so everyone here knows...I've never had a prob w/ you and completely respect your ride. I agree that I'd get pissy if I were on another forum and someone called my Camaro trash. So, I can understand your want for standing up for what you believe in. I respect that.

For everyone here, Rocket IS a good person. He likes his imports but also likes go fast cars including the new Camaro. Let's all respect each other....NO NAME CALLING EITHER WAY....debate is fine. But, we WILL leave it at that.

Thanks Rocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
RiceRocket,

I'd like to commend you on your decision to post the "Rehab" thread.

To be completely honest, I was one of the people who had a little problem with some of the words you chose.

That being said, I'm willing to consider it "water under the bridge".

We're all very loyal to our respective vehicles, and I ask that we all show respect. And in defending our vehicles, lets take the time to consider how our choice of words might be perceived by others.

We're all automotive enthusiasts, and as so, lets represent ourselves well by showing respect to fellow enthusiasts, regardless of the choice of vehicle they are loyal to.

Things got a little out of control. Glad it's settled.
Thanks for popping this thread up: Shows character.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Damn, I hope you didn't take my comment about your "ricer Camaro" as anything but a joking comment. I wasn't offended at all. I was just giving you crap. That's why I said it the way I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
That has to be borderline blasphemy....

If you hadn't been a decent poster in the past, I would strongly suggest you be shot....lol
I apologize if I made it sound like anything but a joke. I was not offended at all and I hope you (or anyone else for that matter) weren't either.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Cool with me. I was never personally offended. Hope you weren't either.

Time to drink to the new Camaro. It's 5:00 somewhere!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I knew who you were but yesterday you were more . . . opinionated than before. Its good that you realized this. The funny thing is, you are probably the worst troll we see here (just wait, I'm going somewhere with this), and yet you are still decent enough to do this. Not too many other sites can say they have people like that. I understand you are here to show the other side of things, and I think that its good for all of us. Hope you never took anything I said to you too seriously, though you do need to learn how to spell You (and the mods) know what I mean. I actually got a few laughs out of your antics yesterday, but I was always wondering when the mods would pull the plug.

Also, I know how you feel when ignorant people say stupid things about your taste in cars. I have a friend who says that Camaros (and the Big Three in general) suck. It gets quite irritating. And so I would like to take the opportunity now to explain the difference between people like RiceRocket and actual ricers for the people that don't know. Real tuners can take a car with a small 4 or 6 cylinder engine and can make a very impressive racer for both the drag strip and for going around the twisties. Ricers are idiots who believe that looking fast is the ultimate goal in car modification. This is most often done by kids who know nothing about how to do real work on cars so they do everything else they can, often to nauseating results.

In the end, most of this stuff comes down to taste, just like music where some like hip-hop, some like country, some like rock, some like classical, and some like pop. A few appreciate all types, so long as its good. But getting into an argument over which is better is pointless because most won't listen and not everyone is informed enough.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #10
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
You Girls done hugging now
Old 01-12-2008, 03:37 AM   #11
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
LMFAO

For the record, I didn’t think you overstep anyone’s boundaries…

Guess I have thicker skin “RICEBOY”…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
You? > Noooooo....

You? >< Me? Yep!

You? > < Me? (the guillotine) Yeah!

You? >< Me? Absolutely!!!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
You'll find some of the strongest divisions in the car world. The battle of domestics vs imports is often very brutal and bitter, and making it worse there are fanboys on each side egging it all on. (RiceRocket for the record I don't consider you to be one). Cars are a very personal thing, and no one likes to see criticism of their favorite ride. I always try to be as open minded as possible, applauding the good imports and criticizing the bad domestics. I like GM, but I like cars more. If you look at my list on the thread about cars I like besides the Camaro, you'll see its about half import and half domestic. I think most people are the same way, but one spark can just set things up and get people all defensive. So no harm, no foul. Water under the bridge. I'm very glad we can all get along. Honestly, this is one of the best sites I've ever posted on. I've all but given up on posting anywhere else, because the flaming, ignorance, and fanboy-ness has just gotten completely out of control. I think F-Bod Father will agree with me on that. This is one of the last few sites where I feel totally comfortable posting and discussing, because almost everyone here can have a mature, thoughtful, sensible conversation. So thanks guys. I really appreciate it!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #14
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRocket View Post
…just like you guys, when someone repeatedly bashes on something YOU love (LS engines, American cars, Chevy, whatever.....) it undoubtedly gets pretty annoying.…
First off, I have to say this -

This was a great post! It's hard to hang with this crowd sometimes, I understand. Although no one has outright posted to me that my car sucks, I still have to read about the little respect the GTO gets. I think what you've done is a huge thing as far as expresing your right to defend imports (after all, I have one too )

Lana

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
Closed Thread