Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
redZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Conv.
Extra tools to buy for a TVS2300 install?

I've had my TVS2300 sitting in the corner of the garage for a month now. I wanted to drive my 2011 2SS A6 for a while to flush out any warranty bugs (none found) before installing the goodies.

I plan to install the supercharger myself in a couple of weeks, and was wondering what extra items I should buy to make the install easier. I have most of the following items already, but thought I should check with the experienced folks here to see what other specialty items are either needed or are just really handy.

1. cooler spark plugs
2. clamp removal tool
3. flywheel-holding tool
4. small torque wrench (in-lb)
5. large torque wrench (ft-lb)
6. tub for collecting antifreeze
7. right-angle drill
8. cheater bar
9. ramps
10. six-pack of beverage of choice
redZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
redZ28,
You have everything you are going to need to do the install plus all of the tools that are nice to have to make the job easier. As far as the cooler spark plugs go, if you have a stock car and are going to be running the normal 6 psi of boost with our tune, they are not needed. We design our systems to work with all factory equipment.
Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
JAFOnomore

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
The more I think about it the more I want the Magnuson - Does Magnuson offer factory Installation
JAFOnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
redZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@MagnaCharger View Post
redZ28,
You have everything you are going to need to do the install plus all of the tools that are nice to have to make the job easier. As far as the cooler spark plugs go, if you have a stock car and are going to be running the normal 6 psi of boost with our tune, they are not needed. We design our systems to work with all factory equipment.
Thanks Jon. I have the 3.6" pulley, but no other modifications. Would you recommend the cooler plugs with the boost from a 3.6" pulley?
redZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by redZ28 View Post
Thanks Jon. I have the 3.6" pulley, but no other modifications. Would you recommend the cooler plugs with the boost from a 3.6" pulley?
That is definitely a question I would talk to your tuner about, but I have seen plenty of guys running 3.6" pulleys with stock plugs.

Last edited by Jon@MagnaCharger; 08-04-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
markssylver

Drives: 95 bbb impala ss
You will need a torque angle gauge for the crank bolt
markssylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
I just finished up the install of my E-Force and I've got to say the single most helpful tool was a cable operated hose clamp tool. There are lots of tight places where hose clamps are and that tool made it a piece of cake.

Got mine from Sears: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947390000P

Quote:
Originally Posted by redZ28 View Post
I've had my TVS2300 sitting in the corner of the garage for a month now. I wanted to drive my 2011 2SS A6 for a while to flush out any warranty bugs (none found) before installing the goodies.

I plan to install the supercharger myself in a couple of weeks, and was wondering what extra items I should buy to make the install easier. I have most of the following items already, but thought I should check with the experienced folks here to see what other specialty items are either needed or are just really handy.

1. cooler spark plugs
2. clamp removal tool
3. flywheel-holding tool
4. small torque wrench (in-lb)
5. large torque wrench (ft-lb)
6. tub for collecting antifreeze
7. right-angle drill
8. cheater bar
9. ramps
10. six-pack of beverage of choice
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFOnomore View Post
The more I think about it the more I want the Magnuson - Does Magnuson offer factory Installation
Our schedule is full, we have plenty of Authorized installers locally that we can put you with. We spend allot of time choosing who we allow to install our equipment, you can be assured of the quality.

FYI, know Hennessey has opened an install facility in So Cal as well.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
maybe a fat sack of sticky green ...... wait your not in cali !
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote