Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #15
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I had a very similar ddeal but on a 2013 duramax. My local dealer took downpayment and actually drove 750miles round trip to do the dealer trade. When they get there the other dealer says its sold. When my local gets back and tells me I call the second dealer like I knew nothing and they tried to sell it to me it is still available. I had another dealer do a locate and it popped up again. They called the [liar] dealer and was told yes that its available and will dealer trade it. I warned them and the same thing happened again minus my deposit of course.
Dealers called gm and nothing came of it.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #16
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
This is why I ALWAYS tell my customer whatever you do...don't track down the dealer I'm getting the car from. DONT even go look at it. If you do, then they won't trade it to us and know there's a buyer out there for it. Then they wait for you to come back to them cause they know you are the buyer and basically "have you"

I HATE dealer trades
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Your first initial dealership is definitely the bonehead in this one. I did something similar to what you did, except i didn't sign any loans or payments until the car arrived. I had to get my car shipped to me (almost 900 miles) from another dealer.

The original dealer has documents with you and it's official right? You could easily have a lawsuit. So, maybe if that is mentioned they will get their act together.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I didn't talk to them until after the first deal fell through if your talking about mine. When I did call i said I was looking for a 2012 and they offered this one and I said not interested in a 2013.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Call the BBB and tell the dealership you are talking to your lawyer about potential avenues of legal action. I find this usually makes bad companies a little more agreeable. Good luck, sounds like a mess.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Dealer trades are notoriously difficult with special cars. Your dealer is selling you a desirable car from someone else's inventory. They specifically ordered that car for their own sales, and you're buying it from someone else. They think that if they don't give up the car that you'll have to come to them to buy it.

If your dealer has already processed the loan, you need to call Navy Federal and explain the situation. They will probably fight with your dealer and take back their money.

For your future purchases, just order the car you want. It'll take 3 months to arrive, but it's better than this locate drama.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
MY1STCAMAR0,

I would like to look into this for you. Please PM me with your first and last name, address, phone number and involved dealerships. Please indicate the original selling dealership that you went to first so that we can decipher the concern.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
hang in there!

hopefully with the GM post they can assist you.

and before the 31st!!

good luck and keep us posted!!
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Man this scares me cuz i have a bad feeling that this same is going to happpen to me in the next few days. I will not be as calm as the op at the dealership.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #24
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Ya keep us updated. I think this is a big fear that everyone has. Your dream car is slipping away!
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Your first initial dealership is definitely the bonehead in this one. I did something similar to what you did, except i didn't sign any loans or payments until the car arrived. I had to get my car shipped to me (almost 900 miles) from another dealer.

The original dealer has documents with you and it's official right? You could easily have a lawsuit. So, maybe if that is mentioned they will get their act together.
Indeed, if you have a contract signed by the dealer (bill of sale), you have a prima facie breach of contract case, especially if you tendered payment and they accepted it. Although it would be unlikely that a court would award you specific performance (getting the actual car), but the dealer may be required to honor the deal with an equal substitute. Further, if the dealer knew that you were relying on the deal to your detriment (selling your stuff in anticipation of the deal being honored), you may have a detrimental reliance case too, but not nearly as strong as a breach of contract case. Unfortunately, this would takes months and you appear to be in a hurry, so I'd accept this as a lesson learned. Good luck.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
Maybe tell the 1st dealership that they have to produce a similar car (or better) because you already signed for it. I would throw the word "lawsuit" in there once or twice as well. It may be bad for your credit score to keep filing and canceling loans and someone should have to pay for their mistake. Give them a reasonable amount of time to provide a new car (30 days?) and your trade in price will not change a cent!! It is really the 1st dealership that made the mistake and they should be the ones to fix it.
I've been trying, to get this resolved. I want to remain a Chevrolet owner that much I do know, its just that this shouldn't have happened. As long as I get what I originally asked for, I'll be fine. I've kept my cool, simply showed everyone respect because the last thing I want is for anyone to say I was in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would try Becky. I would also not deal with a dealership that doesn't have the car on the lot. In essence and my experiences almost all dealerships blow!! I have yet to find a decent one. My next purchase will be through Becky since I have heard nothing but good things about her and that dealership. Keep in mind I live 2000 miles away but if that's what it takes to find a good dealership I will make the drive!

Hey at least that didn't sell you a "new Camaro" that was wrecked and didn't disclose it to you!
Me and her have been talking ever since the start of this. She's been so helpful. She gave me an option today which i'm heavily thinking about depending on what happens with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I'm very sorry for what you're going through.With that said, I hope I can be a voice of reason. It is my honest opinion that you should drop the whole deal. None of it is going in your favor, especially if you're going in with negative equity on your existing vehicle.

I would recommend walking into the NavyFed ASAP and talk to your representative and let them know you were misrepresented with the facts and what recourse you have available. I would also look into contacting the State Attorney's office about your experience. If you can get this matter wiped clean, I would wait until Spring to try again because you could probably get a better deal for a '13 since it will be at MY end, you'll have more of your original loan payed off, and save a little more for a down payment.
I thought about this, But I'm dead set on the 1LE. I could wait I suppose but the fact that I came this close, pulled the trigger only to realize that someone dropped the ball. Part of me feels like its mine, after all the buyers order was filled out and the last thing I left the dealership was saying that "It'll be here on the 26th".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post

They should have the documents unless they got rid of them? I do however kept my buyers order and other paperwork that was given to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
MY1STCAMAR0,

I would like to look into this for you. Please PM me with your first and last name, address, phone number and involved dealerships. Please indicate the original selling dealership that you went to first so that we can decipher the concern.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
PM replied. Thank you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
Indeed, if you have a contract signed by the dealer (bill of sale), you have a prima facie breach of contract case, especially if you tendered payment and they accepted it. Although it would be unlikely that a court would award you specific performance (getting the actual car), but the dealer may be required to honor the deal with an equal substitute. Further, if the dealer knew that you were relying on the deal to your detriment (selling your stuff in anticipation of the deal being honored), you may have a detrimental reliance case too, but not nearly as strong as a breach of contract case. Unfortunately, this would takes months and you appear to be in a hurry, so I'd accept this as a lesson learned. Good luck.
Payment was given, they accepted it and it was left in there possession for 6 days. All I was required to give them was $381 in cash on my return from out of town once the car had been delievered which should have been on 26 December.

If for some reason the actual car can't be in my hands. I'll be happy with a similiar vehicle. I want to stay Chevy. This to me isn't a case where I hate the brand. I love the brand. I was in a situation which shouldn't have happened, period. I was the consumer who walked into the dealership, made a deal. Deal was signed, payment was handed over. Whatever issues the two dealerships I was unaware and frankly being the consumer its not really my business. I kept my promise, which was the check I handed to them. They didn't keep theres. I'm not asking for a free anything, I'm not bashing the dealer, I'm not acting crazy over it. I will gladly pay for it, but I'm willing to pay what me and what my buyer order said as I was financied for the VIN specific vehicle.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootir View Post
Have the original dealer buy your car for the $24,800 and make a deal with the other dealer on the car.

I feel your pain though...
don't do this, you will be losing thousands possibly on tax breaks you get when you trade in the car, the crap the dealer told you about going to car max was horrible advice as well. Cash for the car factors in after tax, trade in before tax.....

Also I wasnt aware the 1LE was still a rare commodity, they cant order one for you at the price stated? All the orders done for the year or something?

Last edited by Rhyder; 12-28-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #28
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Hopefully this chevy rep can make something happen before it is too late. You are being much more level headed about this than I would be but that may work against you..
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote