Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #29
damiiaaannn

Drives: Range Rover Supercharged, TSX
Well it seems unanimous that the everybody thinks the SW Retro Chambered is the loudest, and that is what I'm going to go with. But I have 1 stupid question. What's an X-Pipe?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #30
damiiaaannn

And what's the difference between the "Chambered Round" "Turbo Chambered" and "Turbo S-Tube" for muffler style?
http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...0-exhaust.html
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #31
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by damiiaaannn View Post
Well it seems unanimous that the everybody thinks the SW Retro Chambered is the loudest, and that is what I'm going to go with. But I have 1 stupid question. What's an X-Pipe?
The Camaro from factory comes with an H pipe which quiets the car down. To put it in simple words an X pipe = 2 pipes that make a shape of an X, (middle of car) they cross each other... Exhaust manifolds, the ur cats, then an X pipe, and then ur mufflers. (deppending on exhaust) Most catback exhausts come with X pipes but it all deppends ... Some have H or Y pipes and some are true duals. An X pipe will flow better and will prob be louder than the factory H pipe. Not sure if i made sence! Hope it helps
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 AM   #32
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
And what's the difference between the "Chambered Round" "Turbo Chambered" and "Turbo S-Tube" for muffler style?
http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...0-exhaust.html
Muffler technology. The Turbo and S-Tube use a traditional style muffler like what is pictured below. The difference between the two is what is going on inside which makes the one more aggressive than the other.

The Retro Chambered on the other hand has no traditional "muffler". It utilizes chambered sections that at a quick glance could be mistaken for straight pipe. As you can see, there is a little more going on inside to give it that old school muscle car sound.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:22 AM   #33
gorgeous-ss

Drives: 2011 ss/rs
My neighbors are going to hate me come Saturday when I pick up my sw retro chanmbered catback... and headers are coming

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
gorgeous-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #34
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Wait until you get the headers on.With some of these exhausts when you hit the key. It can fire off like a Cannon. You can set off peoples car alarms.LOL Have done that a few times now.Some may really hate you then.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #35
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous-ss View Post
My neighbors are going to hate me come Saturday when I pick up my sw retro chanmbered catback... and headers are coming

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
You will be fine with the cat back...if your neighbors like american muscle they wont mind it..... but once you do headers (with a chambered exhaust)..

I don't see you doing much driving without getting tickets and having neighbors hate you. You may seriously want to re-consider chambered exhaust with headers. The ATAK and Chambereds were designed (IMO) to go with stock manifolds.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #36
damiiaaannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Muffler technology. The Turbo and S-Tube use a traditional style muffler like what is pictured below. The difference between the two is what is going on inside which makes the one more aggressive than the other.

The Retro Chambered on the other hand has no traditional "muffler". It utilizes chambered sections that at a quick glance could be mistaken for straight pipe. As you can see, there is a little more going on inside to give it that old school muscle car sound.

Okay, can you please post the link to the Retro Chambered one then? Because I can't find it....
Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #37
neverenoughtime

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss cgm
I have the doug thorley cat back and they have a pretty good rumble to them.
neverenoughtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #38
damiiaaannn

Quote:

Nevermind, I found it.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #39
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Okay, can you please post the link to the Retro Chambered one then? Because I can't find it....
PM sent. Look for part # CA11CB.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
oakaro68

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I haven't heard many different exhaust setups but I REALLY like my Corsa cat back with Kooks headers

camera quality isn't the greatest but you can definitely hear it plus it doesn't have any annoying drone while cruising, yet it's a straight through design. This video was before the blower.
oakaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #41
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
I'm looking into an exhaust too. I was first interested in the ATAK but now for the sound and the price (found it for $409) I think I'm going with the Flowmaster Outlaw.

The Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back is the loudest Camaro exhaust we offer and it's been very popular since its release just a short time ago.

We can't watch this too many times! Turn up the volume!
flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #42
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
The Retro Chambered is the loudest stand alone cat back I have heard.

awesome vids man
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote