Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #15
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
Once again according to the plant in Canada there were 1954 2012 ZL1s built. 99 for Canada and 1855 for US, not 1971. This is according to the Vehicle Option Information Sheet. Along with the sheet comes the info on how many were produced in the color of your car.
If you want to get a VOIS there is a thread telling you how to go about it.

The correct number is 1971.

That includes EVERY ZL1 built - including Captive Test Fleets -- non-saleables - MVBs -- everything.

The question becomes "what is the TOTAL number? Total is everything.

You are correct in that 99 stayed in Canada.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

That includes EVERY ZL1 built - including Captive Test Fleets -- non-saleables - MVBs -- everything.

You are correct in that 99 stayed in Canada.
Because I dont want to give out the wrong info I deleted my message. I was going by info i recieved from John Aqueci, Vintage Vehicle Serices Oshawa On. According to him there were 1855 built for US sale. 79 were in color GBE (CRT) and 1290 with MN6. He also says there were 1954 in total, which is how i came up with the 99 for Canada.
Again, sorry to have put out info that is wrong.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
So how many 2012 ZL1s were sequentially numbered? C9800001 to C98018__?

Is that where the 1885 number came from?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
So how many 2012 ZL1s were sequentially numbered? C9800001 to C98018__?

Is that where the 1885 number came from?
Nevermind, I found it. I am assuming that Becky is an authoritative source. In this post she announced the number of the last retail 2012 ZL1 built. "#1885"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

So I'm assuming there are 1,885, sequentially numbered, 2012 ZL1s built for retail sale. That leaves 86 ZL1s built in 2012 that are not retail.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...as Ben Franklin said..."believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear", I would like to ad an addendum to that....In Scott we trust,...all others must show proof....
Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
Because I dont want to give out the wrong info I deleted my message. I was going by info i recieved from John Aqueci, Vintage Vehicle Serices Oshawa On. According to him there were 1855 built for US sale. 79 were in color GBE (CRT) and 1290 with MN6. He also says there were 1954 in total, which is how i came up with the 99 for Canada.
Again, sorry to have put out info that is wrong.
Not to worry - one of the reasons it's taken so long to get the correct build numbers is that i keep asking and the reports I'd get were incorrect-- they LOOKED correct -- but then I'd go add up - say - the colors - and they would not add up to another number......

So - I finally had a conference call - with a few friends with "Distribution Experience" (...the people who actually have scheduled production and such...) -- and said:

"OK - I am looking for EVERY VIN that was created. I don't care if it was a 'non-saleable' car -- or if it was damaged beyond repair in the shipping yard. "Number of cars built" means exactly that!!.."

.... - and thus, the 1800+ number was a 'correct' number based on ZL1s from the beginning of "Regular Production" - the problem is that it didn't include the CTF vehicles and some show vehicles and press vehicles - many of which have been or will be 'retro-fitted' with new components and then sold as Used Company Vehicles.

(even my '12 CTF "Brother Ezekiel" -- aka "Bro Zeke" - who happens to be sitting at a Chevy Dealer in Ohio!)

.....so - that's why the number is higher than originally reported.

I have not yet sent these reports to GM-Canada - but will as I go thru the data and come up with the numbers that we're all looking for.

Lastly - the numbers will be provided to Mr. Mike Antonick - our good friend who publishes both "The Camaro White Book" and "The Corvette Black Book" - a publication that maintains historic data by model year.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...as Ben Franklin said..."believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear", I would like to ad an addendum to that....In Scott we trust,...all others must show proof....

God Bless ya!

I'd like to say that I'm always right - but I happen to know that I'm not - nobody is ever right 100 percent of the time....

I just don't think that some people know that I work for GM and am a part of the great group of Men and Women who design, engineer, build and sell these legendary Automobiles......
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Nevermind, I found it. I am assuming that Becky is an authoritative source. In this post she announced the number of the last retail 2012 ZL1 built. "#1885"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=2

So I'm assuming there are 1,885, sequentially numbered, 2012 ZL1s built for retail sale. That leaves 86 ZL1s built in 2012 that are not retail.

Becky was conditionally right - and guess where she got the number?

Me. She called me and asked me and I gave it to her - this was wayyyy back in late summer as I recall....

I looked at the Regular Production ZL1s to come up with that number - and so she was 'right' -

....but if you are looking for the TOTAL number of ZL1s built --- as I mentioned above - including "non-saleables" (very early cars built on the assembly line) and MVB Saleables and CTF - the number is actually 1971.

Now - let me also say that the Non-Saleables and some of the MVB Saleables and CTFs will never be sold - for any number of reasons, we'll choose to scrap them
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...and to that end Scott you and the Team are loyal, dedicated, and commited to the Camaro brand, and will bring to us the best product within your power no doubt. As we move onward, the road is clear, the sky is bright..., and the possibilities are endless (within GOV and EPA mandates/regulations). I for one am looking forward to new builds and the evolution of the Camaro line. Thanks to you guys for all your efforts. You are exceeding our wildest dreams.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #24
drock

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Scott,

As I have asked you before this question, I appeciate your efforts with collecting this data.Can't wait to hear the color combos next. Thanks Again!
drock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #25
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Thanks Scott... so by the way, how many LS7 powered Camaros have been built so far?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Why would some people here second guess the man. I would venture to say he is 99.9% right. Even when he is wrong he is still right. Thanks Scott we really appreciate it.
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
Why would some people here second guess the man. I would venture to say he is 99.9% right. Even when he is wrong he is still right. Thanks Scott we really appreciate it.

Sometimes that's a good thing - for instance, I'd forgotten all about the
1800+ number that I'd given Becky - -so it's sometimes a good thing in that it makes me go back and look at the context.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
Scott, The first ZL1 I saw in person was at Fredrick in 11 and you said that it was built from a damaged SS. Was this fitted with all the parts of a ZL1 or just cosmetic? I had heard that they only let these be driven at low speeds.
Also, were these upfitted cars counted in these latest figures?
1998 Camaro SS, Red, M6.
1986 IROC-Z, Red, A4,
1973 Camaro Motion Tribute, Blue, 454, M4
1967 Camaro RS/SS, Black, 350/295, A2,
2008 Avalanche LTZ, Black, A4
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote