Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-16-2023, 08:53 AM   #29
Banshee.2SS

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey 2SS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
if you go with a btr 220 cam, id simply ask them what upgrades they recommend

from a power standpoint, at minimum id do

msd / LT2 intake manifold
103 / 95 mm throttle body
ati damper
ported heads
LT4 low side, high side & injectors

i think only the cam you'd see 50-60 whp
with the stuff i mentioned 90-100 whp

the stock LT1 intake manifold is terrible. at least do something in that respect
Hello I apologize for the late response.. I have an LT2 manifold sitting in my garage waiting to be used. I think i will start collecting parts for the build for when the time is right. Thinking of next summer. I am looking for maximum reliability with the build so i want to do everything right the first time, and get the most bang for my buck. If I do the full LT4 fueling would i see any gains from it? or is it more of an insurance for when you go boosted?
Banshee.2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:11 AM   #30
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
No need for the LT4 until you want to boost it imho
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:27 AM   #31
Banshee.2SS

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey 2SS 6 Speed
Hello so the tuner just got back to me with the build list. This is what they said:

A full cam kit comes with the following: Cam, lifters, liter trays, head gaskets, head bolts, push rods, valve seals, balance springs, valve locks, retainers, valve cover gaskets, timing chain, timing tensioner, cam gear and bolts, front plate cover, oil pump, oil pump o ring, spark plugs, spark plug wires, all front cover gaskets and seals, water pump gaskets, oil pan gasket, balancer bolt, two oil changed with GM racing filters, new antifreeze, valve job and cylinder head surfacing, all the labor, and tuning (I’m sure I’m missing stuff too) is all included in the cost for a cam kit. That cam will not drive completely stock it will have its quirks, but overall it is a very well mannered camshaft.

They are referring to the BTR 220 Cam. I believe it is his wife that takes care of the inquiries, not the tuner himself thats why it says "im probably missing some stuff too" Im no expert but it sounds like a good setup.. I am strongly considering it.. Is there anything else i should watch out for? Opinions? By the way I was also told by the stealership a year or 2 ago that my oil pan gasket is leaking ever so slightly and was quoted $1300 to replace it.. so that would get taken care of.
Banshee.2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:55 AM   #32
Ericdared

Drives: 2022 Camaro zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee.2SS View Post
Hello so the tuner just got back to me with the build list. This is what they said:

A full cam kit comes with the following: Cam, lifters, liter trays, head gaskets, head bolts, push rods, valve seals, balance springs, valve locks, retainers, valve cover gaskets, timing chain, timing tensioner, cam gear and bolts, front plate cover, oil pump, oil pump o ring, spark plugs, spark plug wires, all front cover gaskets and seals, water pump gaskets, oil pan gasket, balancer bolt, two oil changed with GM racing filters, new antifreeze, valve job and cylinder head surfacing, all the labor, and tuning (I’m sure I’m missing stuff too) is all included in the cost for a cam kit. That cam will not drive completely stock it will have its quirks, but overall it is a very well mannered camshaft.

They are referring to the BTR 220 Cam. I believe it is his wife that takes care of the inquiries, not the tuner himself thats why it says "im probably missing some stuff too" Im no expert but it sounds like a good setup.. I am strongly considering it.. Is there anything else i should watch out for? Opinions? By the way I was also told by the stealership a year or 2 ago that my oil pan gasket is leaking ever so slightly and was quoted $1300 to replace it.. so that would get taken care of.
I mean for all the work going in with the parts and stuff the 4800 he quoted you originally sounds pretty good. Depending on your budget with the motor that far apart and the fact you are going to need a tune I would have him port that ls2 intake and possibly do the high side lt4 pump and injectors...and slap a e-85 kit on it if you are ever going to possibly run e-85. I guess it depends on long term goals, if you are going to boost on it later I would probably forget messing with the injectors cause you are going to need some more fueling stuff at that point. If you are going to keep it NA that even if you aren't going to upgrade your low side fueling now you will have all the high side stuff in place and not need to tear into the motor again.
Ericdared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 03:10 AM   #33
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
If I do the full LT4 fueling would i see any gains from it? or is it more of an insurance for when you go boosted?
i think very minimal gains, if any. idk if there's any direct power to be had with higher fuel pressure. my bolt on 1LE car was seeing an injector pw max of 5.5 ms on e80 with a lambda of .88 - i imagine adding a fair amount of power would push that pw up into the uncomfortable range. i'm no tuner, just sharing info. i would feel much better knowing it would not be near the end capabilities of the fuel system simply for the peace of mind regarding longevity & reliability. it would prob be fine on gasoline.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:03 PM   #34
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
I was also told by the stealership a year or 2 ago that my oil pan gasket is leaking ever so slightly and was quoted $1300 to replace it.. so that would get taken care of.
Tighten all the pan bolts before spending a dime on this oil leak. It's a known issue that the bolts get slightly loose and cause a drip. I tightened mine 3 years ago because of a spot on the garage floor and have not had a drop of oil leak out since.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
btr 220 cam, cam, cam install