Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #99
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
This thread has turned into a joke........
Old 04-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #100
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
Dan, please keep your word.

Mike
You are being quite rude.... Post like this tarnish Camaro5's reputation
Old 04-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #101
ShnOmac

Dan,
You are in sales/retail.... You and I both know you cant make everyone happy...it comes with the territory. Please dont think the majority of Camaro5 users are as rude as some of the people in here have been. I thank you for your honesty...its not something were used to from dealers..... Stick around and dont let this thread ruine Camaro5 for ya.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #102
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
You are being quite rude.... Post like this tarnish Camaro5's reputation
I agree. No need for this kind of stuff... can we just have a spirited debate without all the name calling please?

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Old 04-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #103
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
Hi Sean.

First let me say. I did honestly come on the forum to talk with customers. I think I have even shown that I am willing to talk to a customer if they are unhappy. (Would still offer that) maybe some clarification is needed to maybe clear things up a little. I am a die hard Chevrolet Fan and anyone that knows me can tell you that. I came back to the dealership I started my career at when I was 18 years old about 5 years ago. I am now 40.. ( I had previously run a Foreign dealership and really wanted to come back to an American brand. ( Some would call that stupid in the current market) I decided that I wanted to do modified cars like Baldwin Motion, Yenko, to name just a few. First I started with Corvette's (Camaro had not even been fully announced yet) I got together with a tuner (Redline Motorsports) and we started modifying Corvette's. We started with Cam and head packages and then worked are way up to doing Twin APS turbo packages and we made the "Topgun" Corvette that we currently sell 735HP to the Flywheel. Putting out 638HP on a rear wheel dyno.. Living in Upstate New York I tried Ebay to see if their was a larger market for the car. I was amazed to find that ALOT of people were interested in Modified cars. (Have sold to NBA basketball players and a few other high profile people) I even went as far to warranty the cars personally for 2 years. (heavy modifications do void factory warranty on powertrain as we all know) After some time I realized that no other dealer in the country was doing such modifications and backing it with their own warranty. I then started numbering the cars and putting certificates with them. NOW..we move to the camaro. We have plans in store to do the same thing with the camaro..But knowing we needed CARS to do them with I decided to not take deposits and have some available when the time came..Well here lies the problem (Development time) We have to do the research and the fabrication to build these cars and that takes time. We also have some plans on putting the Z06 engines in a few and doing full motor swaps. So as of today the tuner is waiting for his car to get here so he can do the testing..(I actually told him to get one from a competitor because they got allocated one first...and HE did) That is the the interesting part. Now his car is on the way and it will take a few months for him to get the testing done before we can actually start selling them ourselves. So a few weeks ago I decided that seeing that project would be held up a few months I might as well put the first two cars I had coming up on Ebay. Then the ---- hit the fan..To explain my thought process to people everytime I had to explain it was a little long..As is this post. But that is the full reasoning behind the 2 cars I have and what my plans are for some of the future cars that I recieve. I Have already had calls from people all over the Country that have shown serious interest in the future projects I envision. I plan on selling 3 different versions. A slightly modified stock Camaro (Headers, computer tune, suspension)..a Z06 powered Camaro (Engine swap) and a full blown APS twin tubo car..So to make a long story really short that is the story. I tried not to give away all my plans when I joined the forum but maybe the flames would have been a little dimmer if I started out just putting it on the table. I could not really tell alot of people ( including employees) Because to launch something like this the early bird always gets the worm. I am sorry if anyone was offended or bothered by some responses to getting a car but that is the story behind the situation. All I know is currently my store is one of the highest rated dealers in the country in Customer satisfaction ratings so we do things right most of the time. No one is perfect I know that.All I know is I personally paid $5000 over sticker when I lived in California to get the first Yellow Z06 I could find. (Rydell Chevrolet Van Nuys California)They were in high demand..but I gladly paid..(And I am in the business) So I guess maybe that is why I do not have a problem with it. I hope that made sense. Dan
That answered a lot of the questions I had earlier, and I thank you for taking the time to answer them.

When we get caught up in the heat of the moment, we tend to forget there is a person behind the screen. For that I am truly sorry. I have strong personal beliefs, as do you. The internet has made it easier, for some who are not as good with face to face discussions, to get their point across.

Do you have a website? Are you planning one in the future?

I would hope at some point, after reading your last post, that we could get past all this and return to being impatient.

I look forward to hearing about your upcoming projects, and hope that this experience hasn't swayed you from keeping us informed. I for one am ready to move on... anyone else?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #104
mikelj

Drives: 1969 SS 396
Well, the first eBay auction for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS,6.2L V8,400HP,37k MSRP has ended at $38,100 and no sale, reserve not met. It was advertised to be a 4-15 delivery to a Fla. dealer. It seems this market test shows nobody is willing to pay hardly any over sticker for even the first deliveries.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #105
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Deathchill. I did not know how many I was getting. (I still do not) So how could I be lying. I just got allocated my third one on Thursday. I am in the business and anyone that is in the business understands how the allocation process works. I am not at all puzzled at some of the responses. But to be frank I have been upfront. Others that do not know the inter workings of our business just assume. So I will not be upset about the insults thrown. You do not work in the business and would not understand. To answer your question the cars I have on Ebay both sticker a few hundred dollars shy of 40K. I have the reserve set ALOT lower than some have accused me of. We will see how it goes it ends tomorrow. Dan
How could you not know? Are you the only dealer who wasn't told their total allocation?

Regardless, I am curious what the reserve is actually set at. 5k over MSRP? 2k? 1,000,000?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #106
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
It just amazes me that when offered to call and talk about it no one does. Like I said very suspicious to me. Well I guess hiding behind a screen name throwing venom is just easier. I guess it is my chance to call BS flag..At least I used my real name when I post..Dan
Seriously? Its April now, if anyone was looking for the early order program its a little late. Theres nothing to gain from working with you at this point and even if you could get a car earlier its been my experience that folks who conduct business like you, will maximize profit every chance they get, ie the shady extended warranty, bank interest point kick-backs, ect... I don't think anyone is hiding behind a screen name here and I wouldn't describe the debate as throwing venom, we're all tired of the pre-order boogie. You came here and told us what you were doing and why, some of us don't like it and told you why, end of debate. It seems like your the one that is continuing to beat a dead horse. Legality and ethics are two different animals, what your doing might be legal but in my opinion it isn't ethical and that doesn't mean I believe my ethics are better than yours, but they are different. I don't much care for politicians, but then I've never been one. Maybe it is what it is.

Anyway, and I really mean this, welcome to the site, I've had my disagreements with other members here, but have managed to overcome them and meet some great people.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #107
ShnOmac

Lets all just move on...this is a no win thread for anybody
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #108
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Dan,

Let me tell you about a very similar situation. It started when I was only 22 years old.

Throughout the spring and summer of 1977 the magazines were all doing stories about what the 1978 25TH Silver Anniversary Corvette was going to feature. Expectations and "sneak" pictures were running high with talk of 2 tone paint, special wheels, a new rear window treatment and special badges and other goodies.

I spent the whole summer reading all I could get. There was no Internet so info was hard to find. I became very well versed on what the car would include. I was a member of Council of Corvette Clubs.

I had just moved to a new small town with only one Chevy dealer. I had previously bought a new 1977 truck OFF THE LOT from the dealer, so I placed a deposit for a loaded 78 Vette. In August they said they still had no pricing but I agreed to pay MSRP as they were only going to get 2 cars under allotment rules. (NO TRADE)

While in my home town I dropped into the large dealer where I had bought my 1975 CAMARO and then a 1976 Corvette. They offered me the same car with the same equipment for MSRP less $1500. (NO TRADE)

One the way home I stopped in a very small dealer on the edge of the same metro area. I met the owner,who was acting as his own sales manager and we struck a deal for invoice plus $400.

I returned home and met the sales manager of the " home"' dealer and asked them to match the price. They chose not to and gladly returned my deposit. They did not believe I would ever get the car. They wanted MSRP.

I gave the dealer with the 2 car showroom a deposit in Sept 77 and waited for my car to be produced. Over the winter reports on TV news showed dealers in Seattle charging $10,000 over MSRP for this highly sought after model. Then the pace car was announced.....and this drove prices higher yet.

Soon some dealers were asking $15,000 over MSRP. Brokers were buying up allotment. People were getting greedy.!!

My dealer could have sold my car a dozen times OVER for a lot of money. With constraints for CC1 it was APRIL before my car arrived. I paid the agreed price of $12,500 .The retail price was $16,200. I paid less than the registered charities were paying for raffle cars. A $3700.00 discount.

Because that dealer was honest with me and lived up to the deal all my new cars for the next 35 years WERE PURCHASED FROM HIM... As we had a family our needs evolved and we purchased 15 more cars, wagons and trucks from this dealer. Most were factory orders. I traded back the 78 seven years later.

In addition I referred many friends, business associates and family to him and over the years 45 NEW vehicles were bought from him. His showroom was replaced with a brand new building 10 years ago that is the latest in GM requirements.

He retired 2 years ago and sold the dealership .... I was going to buy my 2010 CAMARO for MSRP but the new ownership has your approach to how to deal with customers.

I moved my order to some one I met on CAMARO5.

You may make some short term extra gross but you will loose in the long run.

I have never dealt with the "home" dealer since. All my service is done at the Pontiac outlet.

PS ... By the time you pay the sellers fee's on EBay you would have done just as well selling to a local who would have been back for the 2011 Vert.

Last edited by OUR72GTO; 04-12-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #109
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Dan,

I am one of the people that emailed your dealership in response to seeing the 2 camaros on ebay. That being said, you know how I feel about the ordering tactics being used.

On a side note...nice to see that You drive 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Maybe the 1st one you were allocated?

Still patiently waiting for my camaro.

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #110
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
I understand why SALISBURYCHEVROLET and I would like to comment on this if I may.

The profit margins in most products are thin.

I own a TV business and I make a whole 5%-10% on our units and we get beat up on price everyday. This chevy dealer after a long time has a golden egg. This golden egg is rare and is worth more to some so they do not have to shop around. To some SALISBURYCHEVROLET is providing a service, to others he is exploiting pricing. With the car industry ready to crumble this may be his last chance to make a buck. I hope he finds the right buyer. I know it will not be me for the price on E-Bay. ( We are a power seller there too )

I would be very interested in a trade for a day. I have $200 and a Honda CBR1000RR, any one want to trade?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #111
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
I for one am glad I have no store front to maintain Just warehouses.

To bad no one got a Camaro 4 months ago, I bet it would have gone for $100,000.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #112
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
I understand why SALISBURYCHEVROLET and I would like to comment on this if I may.

The profit margins in most products are thin.

I own a TV business and I make a whole 5%-10% on our units and we get beat up on price everyday. This chevy dealer after a long time has a golden egg. This golden egg is rare and is worth more to some so they do not have to shop around. To some SALISBURYCHEVROLET is providing a service, to others he is exploiting pricing. With the car industry ready to crumble this may be his last chance to make a buck. I hope he finds the right buyer. I know it will not be me for the price on E-Bay. ( We are a power seller there too )

I would be very interested in a trade for a day. I have $200 and a Honda CBR1000RR, any one want to trade?
Only 5-10% for each sale????:( Wah! What about the rest of use that have to work 9-5 all month to make what these dealers make off of 1 sale??

Closed Thread