Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2022, 07:53 PM   #1
LittleRedSS10

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro SS
Question Loud rear end popping while driving

I have a 10ss 6 speed with 82k miles and just driving around it sounds like very loud popping or ticking in the rear. I just put in the BMR polly cradle bushings and checked everything i could think of in the rear but nothing seems loose or broken so im a bit at a loss.My only other upgrades are the BMR single adjustable trailing arms the heim joint ones I thought maybe its them making noise but just looking for second opinions
LittleRedSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:28 PM   #2
Crazych66

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
It is most likely the dreaded thrush washer issue.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4991431
2012 Camaro SS Convertible: 2SS, LS3, M6, Triple Black. Mods: Solo Axleback, 1LE FE6 rear swaybar, CAGS delete, Vararam CAI, Heritage grill, Hotchkis springs, '15 FE4 struts/shocks, ZL1 side rockers, Velgen Classic5 wheels, Pedders radius rod bushings, ARH LTHs, gutted HFCs,...
Crazych66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #3
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Can you post some pictures of what you have done to your suspension we may be able to spot something.

Other things that would help us does it do it on acceleration, deceleration, braking or going around corners left or right. Did it start after all the suspension upgrades?

A lot of the hardware in the suspension requires a torque then an angle twist of the fastener to achieve maximum torque. Another thing are the wheel studs are they blue or silver the torque requirements are different for both.

But going through and double checking all your fasteners is probably a good idea at this point also check the strut fasteners on top if you loosen those did you tighten them, sway bars are another possibility. I had to remove the mounts for the swaybar to get my cradle bushings in.
Old 09-21-2022, 11:39 PM   #4
Strype

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Always. Always. Always... Undo the last thing you did. ❤️