Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #701
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
Dave Smith Motors Kellogg Idaho should be on the this list. Just got back today, told by one dealer on phone a couple weeks ago that they sell at MSRP and now that I drove the 100+ miles down there and test drove the managers Black 2SS and expressed my interest they state $3000 over MSRP saying that I won't find it lower anywhere else. They were listed as being fair on this web site and several acquaintances of mine saying they got great deals there. I am quite disappointed and now see them like every other car dealer I know. Greedy. :-(
That's disappointing. Dave Smith had always been invoice + minimal markup (always under MSRP total though) but never MSRP + gross markup. I guess their small profit on high volume approach is failing in this economy. Small profit on low volume sales equals death for a car dealership.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #702
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Deceptive

Any and all changes or options should be noted on the windshield,
they didn't forget the small 5,000 option sticker , there might be a law to that effect I'm sorry I can't accept the fact that inspite of any changes or accessories there still was in plain site the 5,000 charge.
The prices on the car should show any and all options or extra added accessories on the vehicle either factory or dealer installed.
Most people there comented on the reasonable 28k price
Read the small print
That to me is a deceptive business practice
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #703
djaz28ss

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28
Angry Price gouging in the Midwest

I spent 42 with GM, the last 33 launching new products. With the company in such dire straits, I find the actions of the dealers involved in price gouging disgusting. The whole idea at a new vehicle launch is supposed to be to built customer enthusiasm for our product. Turning customers off like this could have a drastic effect on the future of one of the finest vehicles to come out of Chevrolet in years, and one that could have a lasting positive affect on the company as a hole. I would urge any customers who witness this practice to protest loudly at the dealership and start calling Chevrolet customer relations. Customers can change things if they are vocal enough.
djaz28ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #704
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaz28ss View Post
I spent 42 with GM, the last 33 launching new products. With the company in such dire straits, I find the actions of the dealers involved in price gouging disgusting. The whole idea at a new vehicle launch is supposed to be to built customer enthusiasm for our product. Turning customers off like this could have a drastic effect on the future of one of the finest vehicles to come out of Chevrolet in years, and one that could have a lasting positive affect on the company as a hole. I would urge any customers who witness this practice to protest loudly at the dealership and start calling Chevrolet customer relations. Customers can change things if they are vocal enough.
Yeah look what it did for the new GTO's. Then later could hardly give them away. My buddy bought a 2005 Impulse Blue 6M GTO that stickered for $33K for $27K.
Our only hope it that people will just SAY NO, screw you people, and walk away!!!!!!!!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #705
Redvet1
Members Member

Drives: 75 Vette, 07 Sierra, 08 vette
Dave Smith Motors used to be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahn View Post
Dave Smith Motors Kellogg Idaho should be on the this list. Just got back today, told by one dealer on phone a couple weeks ago that they sell at MSRP and now that I drove the 100+ miles down there and test drove the managers Black 2SS and expressed my interest they state $3000 over MSRP saying that I won't find it lower anywhere else. They were listed as being fair on this web site and several acquaintances of mine saying they got great deals there. I am quite disappointed and now see them like every other car dealer I know. Greedy. :-(
I flew from Denver and bought a Truck from them 2 years ago becuase no one in town would come within $2000 of the price they gave me. Regarding the Camaro, imagine my surprise when being told $3000 over MSRP by them when I expected MSRP or less. Told them our future car buying relationship was done. Didn't want to hear any lame made up excuses. Its not like the extra paid over MSRP goes back to Chevy. Not by a long shot.
Redvet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #706
mfbarnes50
Bowtie till I Die

Drives: '67 SS, '11 2SS, '12' 2LT
Buckalew Chevrolet
Conroe, Texas
MSRP ONLY

Donny Buckalew says he WILL NOT TAKE PART IN MARKUPS, PERIOD!
mfbarnes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #707
michael M

Drives: 84 vette,68 442,65stang
michael m

I ordered my Inferno Orange 2ss/rs on 4/25/09. I was told yesterday 5/11/09 that it is still in the 1100 code. One reason was the painted engine covers. They have put a constraint on them from the factory, which can add two more months to your order. The dealer told me to take it off the factory order and have it installed as a dealer option. At this rate the 2011 will be out!
michael M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #708
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
AVOID Liberty Chevy in New Hudson, MI...

They are pulling some BS bait and switch on Autotrader.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #709
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael M View Post
I ordered my Inferno Orange 2ss/rs on 4/25/09. I was told yesterday 5/11/09 that it is still in the 1100 code. One reason was the painted engine covers. They have put a constraint on them from the factory, which can add two more months to your order. The dealer told me to take it off the factory order and have it installed as a dealer option. At this rate the 2011 will be out!
If I were you, I would wait and have the factory install install instead of the dealer install.
Not to say that the mechanics that work in the dealerships are not capable of doing their job. It's just that when you get it from the factory, it's like it's supposed to be there in the first place and on the car as a car build.
(I'm not knocking the mechanics at dealers. Just my opinion.)
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #710
Grimelock2009

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Talk to a sales guy yesterday at a local dealer in Mission Texas.
Did not know anything about the car but preteneded to do so.
The guy said they sold two 3ss, I could not keep my mouth shut so I
told him there is no such thing as a 3SS. he said "yes there is" and so he called his
manager to prove his point and the Manger agreed with me. The sales guy just stayed
queit. Oh well to make a long story short, they are selling there cars at 10,000 over MSRP. I told the guy that was plain rediculas. told him i would be getting mine at MSRP from a dealer just 20 miles down the road, and he replied supply and demand buddy.
Grimelock2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #711
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
If I were you, I would wait and have the factory install install instead of the dealer install.
Not to say that the mechanics that work in the dealerships are not capable of doing their job. It's just that when you get it from the factory, it's like it's supposed to be there in the first place and on the car as a car build.
(I'm not knocking the mechanics at dealers. Just my opinion.)
The engine cover is such an easy install, even a caveman could do it. The V6 was installed in less than 10 seconds. I am not exaggerating.

Take it off of your order if that's what's holding it up.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #712
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimelock2009 View Post
Talk to a sales guy yesterday at a local dealer in Mission Texas.
Did not know anything about the car but preteneded to do so.
The guy said they sold two 3ss, I could not keep my mouth shut so I
told him there is no such thing as a 3SS. he said "yes there is" and so he called his
manager to prove his point and the Manger agreed with me. The sales guy just stayed
queit
. Oh well to make a long story short, they are selling there cars at 10,000 over MSRP. I told the guy that was plain rediculas. told him i would be getting mine at MSRP from a dealer just 20 miles down the road, and he replied supply and demand buddy.
bet he thinks there is such thing as a 1966 Camaro
Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #713
flagstaff

Drives: 2010SS CamaroEscalade SLK230
BAD RIP OFF DEALER IN ARIZONA!!!
CHAPMAN CHEVROLET
1717 e. Baseline Rd.
Tempe AZ 85283
flagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #714
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I think the funny thing is if you buy the car for 5 or 10,000 over then put it in your garage for 6mos or 1year then take it back to the dealer and see what they offer for trade in and then you can really get pissed off,because it is a used car then and that is the value BS they like to give even if you don't drive it,I did this one time with my SS just to see what the dealer would say and they said we'll give you 12,900 for it and I was like go F off,funny I paid 33,000 for it how is it worth that little in a short time no reply,so no way in hell would I pay over sticker for a car that was meant to sell at 35-40 thousand and help GM in the long run,so to the dealers that do this your only concern is your own ass not GM as far as I can see and that stinks because without GM what do you have.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote