Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlSS View Post
Earlier this month I installed the Pfadt Racing drop springs on my Camaro and I LOVED the improved look of my Camaro. The quality of materials, installation instructions and ride quality are all top notch.

With such a good experience on the springs, I ordered and installed the Pfadt Racing sports sway bars this weekend. Yet again, Pfadt delivered a high quality, well engineered product. My only disappointment was the installation instructions. I'm a DIY driveway mechanic that loves doing my own work. The sway bar installation is pretty simple, but I HATE when I buy a product and the installation instructions tell me to reference something else...in this case, the Camaro "factory service procedure". Shouldn't you advertise the price of your product PLUS the additional $19.99 you're going to spend on an additional shop manual? The installation really didn't challenge my meager mechanical abilities (it challenged my patience!), but I'm wondering how a new wrencher would fair without a little help. Come on Pfdat, would it really be too hard to throw together some instructions and take a couple snaps of the install??? Your drop spring instructions were top notch!

I'm still a satisfied and loyal Pfadt customer, but help a brother out!

Here's a good write up on the installation -->
http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To...010_Camaro/136
Hi CharlSS,

Thanks for supporting our company, and we really appreciate the feedback on this. We are going to provide a link to Tony's install procedure on our website, similar to his drop-spring install.

As you quickly found out, the install is very straightforward. And Tony did such a great job on his writeup, that we figured there was nothing to add. Sorry for not providing you with that link earlier. It is up on our website now, under Camaro Installation Instructions.

Thanks again for the feedback! Let us know your impressions of our products anytime!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #30
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrattcom View Post
Tower Brace is Awesome!

I got to get one of those !

Anybody got as great deal on them?
Thanks for the comments!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #31
CharlSS

Drives: Black 2SS
Pfadt,

Thanks for your response and I really appreciate a vendor that listens to their customers. I think the link will really help your customers have a seamless experience with your product.

Thanks again.
CharlSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #32
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
I have sent out a few PMs to those inquiring about Pfadt products and pricing.

If any one has any more questions please just blurt* them out and myself and Pfadt will answer.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #33
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
Got my Pfadt Tower Brace and Drive shaft loop from Brandon at IPS today they look great! Also they have Crazy fast shipping, Thanks.

Doing the install tomorrow.
riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #34
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Can the strut tower brace be powder coated in another color and not harm the integrity? Sorry if dumb question, new to this suspension game would not think it would matter though.

Also your drop springs lower how much and are there any alignment issues. I can't afford coil overs right now but do want to adjust my stance and cornering (will be doing sways as well). Thanks
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels

Last edited by Buffnshine; 05-01-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I tried today to install mine and what a PITA to get that 1 hole drilled on top of the strut bracket rivet! Even after an hours worth of drilling, removing the hood strut tube, and breaking 3 drill bits, I manged to drill the hole and install the rivnut. Only problem it, it was NOT at the correct angle and now the hole does NOT line up with the bolt ;(

Very disappointed with myself with this install. I now have a brace I can not install. :(

Any thoughts? I did not attempt the other 3 holes since I could not fasten the 1st one.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #36
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
I tried today to install mine and what a PITA to get that 1 hole drilled on top of the strut bracket rivet! Even after an hours worth of drilling, removing the hood strut tube, and breaking 3 drill bits, I manged to drill the hole and install the rivnut. Only problem it, it was NOT at the correct angle and now the hole does NOT line up with the bolt ;(

Very disappointed with myself with this install. I now have a brace I can not install. :(

Any thoughts? I did not attempt the other 3 holes since I could not fasten the 1st one.

Installed mine this afternoon, yes one of the holes line up on the hood brace, but I drilled through mine the first time. (its a little tougher than the rest)

If you only drilled one hole so far, how can it not line up.

(I positioned the tower brace where I liked it, then I pre-Drilled one hole with a 3/8 bit, installed the nut thingy and bolted it on. Then i pre-drilled the rest of the holes. The final hole will have to be larger than 3/8, i just used that size to pre drill them.)

Pretty simple install for not coming with any instructions.
riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #37
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrattcom View Post
Installed mine this afternoon, yes one of the holes line up on the hood brace, but I drilled through mine the first time. (its a little tougher than the rest)

If you only drilled one hole so far, how can it not line up.

(I positioned the tower brace where I liked it, then I pre-Drilled one hole with a 3/8 bit, installed the nut thingy and bolted it on. Then i pre-drilled the rest of the holes. The final hole will have to be larger than 3/8, i just used that size to pre drill them.)

Pretty simple install for not coming with any instructions.
Mine came with very good instructions - Also, instructions are here: http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/?page_id=113 - only problem is they don't tell you to take the angle into account. The holes for the rear one - I only drilled the 1 on the prop up bracket - are at an angle. So I drilled the hole through the first layer (used 1/2" drill bit even though they specified 17/32 which I could not find), then drilled straight down for the 2nd layer. Well, after installing the RivNut, it came out flush & straight. However, the rear holes in the brace are at an angle, so the 1 hole I drilled does not go in.

So, I'm screwed ;( No pun intended. I have to get another RivNut and sell it since it can't mount anywhere else. I also had a Very difficult time drilling that rivet on the prop rod bracket ;(

Oh well...glad yours went in fine.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 05-02-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #38
PfadtRacing

Michael_Js,

We are sorry to hear about the install trouble you are having. We really want to make sure this gets sorted out, and we want you to give us a call directly to discuss. As long as the first hole is drilled in the correct location, it should pull in a normal direction to the surface (perpendicular). If this is the case then this install should be salvageable for sure. Can you send me pics to "blair@pfadtracing.com" so we can get a better idea of what may have gone wrong? We will be happy to help! Please follow up with me/us to get this taken care of.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #39
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Can this brace fit the v6?

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #40
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Can this brace fit the v6?
Yes!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Michael_Js,

We are sorry to hear about the install trouble you are having. We really want to make sure this gets sorted out, and we want you to give us a call directly to discuss. As long as the first hole is drilled in the correct location, it should pull in a normal direction to the surface (perpendicular). If this is the case then this install should be salvageable for sure. Can you send me pics to "blair@pfadtracing.com" so we can get a better idea of what may have gone wrong? We will be happy to help! Please follow up with me/us to get this taken care of.
Thanks, I appreciate any support. I will get pictures to you by the end of the week with comments...

Michael J.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #42
2quick

Drives: none
Can you post pictures up here? Maybe someone here can also help.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 camaro, pfadt, strut tower brace, torq