Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #43
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You are a complete wildman George...

Damn that looks like fun. Your Camaro is just plain screamin'

DR's all the way.
How are you, family and Mom doing? Long time no hear!! It's been fun to say the least. Looking forward to you getting you car dialed in.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #44
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad View Post
Sweet I would like to see your car on Mickey 15"s DRs eventuly
I plan to stick with the 16" Bogarts in the rear.... I may go back to my old 17" Bogart skinnies up front. Not happy at all with the v6 brakes.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
i dont know why everyone is praising that driving. watching in slow motion shows the delayed reactions to the cars movement especially the swerving on the big end.
good driving is not swerving and over correcting.
everyone needs to learn and i'm sure this driver will learn and become quite good after more seat time, but for his own safety tell him the truth.
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #46
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
i dont know why everyone is praising that driving. watching in slow motion shows the delayed reactions to the cars movement especially the swerving on the big end.
good driving is not swerving and over correcting.
everyone needs to learn and i'm sure this driver will learn and become quite good after more seat time, but for his own safety tell him the truth.
lets see you go down the track with that much power and see how you do. i think you and the wall may become friends. lol
thebeast916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #47
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast916 View Post
lets see you go down the track with that much power and see how you do. i think you and the wall may become friends. lol
your comment is silly. my driving skill/experiance is irrelevant, even though i'm nhra licensed for 6.0 et.
running 9.50 and swerving is unsafe for everyone located nearby. running 12.0 and swerving is unsafe too.
my point is that the driver had plenty of courage, but needs more seat time. coming out of the groove and then swerving is not proper.
some one needs to teach him properly and then set the car up properly. currently it is the genisis of a disaster.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #48
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
your comment is silly. my driving skill/experiance is irrelevant, even though i'm nhra licensed for 6.0 et.
running 9.50 and swerving is unsafe for everyone located nearby. running 12.0 and swerving is unsafe too.
my point is that the driver had plenty of courage, but needs more seat time. coming out of the groove and then swerving is not proper.
some one needs to teach him properly and then set the car up properly. currently it is the genisis of a disaster.
Well to let u know he has being racing all his life! I don't know u so i will not say anything to u. He has raced his CAMARO from stock to where it is now. I'm not cert. like u but when u save it . He is going through a shop that is close to u or was. And they r pretty AWESOME! So u r new here why r u so negative? Goood luck to u sir.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #49
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Well to let u know he has being racing all his life! I don't know u so i will not say anything to u. He has raced his CAMARO from stock to where it is now. I'm not cert. like u but when u save it . He is going through a shop that is close to u or was. And they r pretty AWESOME! So u r new here why r u so negative? Goood luck to u sir.
not negative, just logical and safety minded.
look at when he is about 145 mph, he slowly drifts out of the groove for an excessive amount of time, then swerves hard left and unloads one side of the suspension.
hard turns and swerves are not consistant with proper drag racing techniques.
its silly that everyone is rewarding instead of giving him good advice.
we all make mistakes and lord knows i've made more than my fair share. i'm not perfect and if i made deadly mistakes, i hope someone has the guts to inform me of them.
i do hope the driver learns from that pass and goes on to safer passes that breaks records with his car.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #50
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
You also need to know the details of the run, he did have a tire that was found to be going flat as well, He is a very talented driver and pilot, his setup is being worked out by the best in the industry...
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #51
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
You also need to know the details of the run, he did have a tire that was found to be going flat as well, He is a very talented driver and pilot, his setup is being worked out by the best in the industry...
so then you say his drifting out of the groove and then jerking the wheel is talented driving.
and that tire going flat caused him to slowly drift out of the groove and then jerk the wheel hard left?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #52
unforgiven
Account Suspended

good drivers never get any credit for their driving skills cause they make it look easy,
but out of shape drivers always get a cheer from the crowd when they save it from a crash and are praised as great drivers for saving it.
If they were at the very least a good driver, they would not have had to save it at all from a crash.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #53
unforgiven
Account Suspended

look, we all want to be nice guys on internet forums, but it criminal not facing reality and not educating the driver. if an accident were to happen, many of you who made poor excuses may feel diferently.

i wish the driver the best of luck and i admire his outstanding courage.

Last edited by unforgiven; 02-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #54
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Quote:
look, we all want to be nice guys on internet forums, but it criminal not facing reality and not educating the driver. if an accident were to happen, many of you who made poor excuses may feel diferently.

i wish the driver the best of luck and i admire his outstanding courage.
Hey unforgiven! I see you're making a lot of noise here... Please know, your input means nothing here.. Thanks for the compliments. Have a GREAT day
Old 02-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #55
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by G200 Pilot View Post
Hey unforgiven! I see you're making a lot of noise here... Please know, your input means nothing here.. Thanks for the compliments. Have a GREAT day
i'm sorry to see that your unwilling to recognize constructive criticism.
147 mph and a lack of drag racing experiance/technique makes for a dangerous outcome.
in private, please review your video and make mental corrections as not to hurt yourself and others.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #56
Z69

Drives: ZL1 ,TT 03 cobra,69 camaro
I think some needs to go post some place else!!! buddy if you get a car lose at that speed and keep from hitting anything hats off to you!!!
Z69 is offline   Reply With Quote