Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Help me build my future system

Hey guys, I'd like to ask for some help from the audio experts to help me pick out the components that will be going in my future audio build. I will be upgrading my audio system in the future but would like to pick out some components now so I can start looking for deals and snag them at good prices.

Here's my current plan, nothing but the amp is set in stone so if you have any suggestions, voice them! No suggestion is too small here. I'm definitely trying to stay within a budget. I'm a college student and I'm not an audiophile so I don't need a system that'll win competitions. I just want to upgrade the stock sound. Having said that, I would like to go more for SQ than loud bass. I don't want or need "trunk rattling" bass. With the budget in mind, I would like to keep suggestions for other equipment close to the price of what I list. Suggestions can be a bit more expensive but again, I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg.

Some requirements:
- Must preserve as much trunk space as possible.
- Must preserve stock head unit
- Must look as stock as possible

Plan:
- Amp - Alpine PDX-V9
- Subwoofer - Image Dynamics IDQ 10
- Door Speakers - JBL MS-62c
- Deck Spearkers - Don't know which or if I'm even going to use any yet. Suggestions / Opinions welcome.
- Sub Box - ******** 10" Stealth Box (I need opinions on whether to do passenger or driver side box)
- Sound Deadening - No idea. Any and all suggestions welcome.
- Bass Control - Any ideas?

Anything I'm forgetting? Another question, is there any possible way I may be able to set the system up so that I can remove the sub box easily once installed? I drag race from time to time and I'd like to be able to remove the sub box if it's easy enough to do. If there is no plausible way to do this, no biggie.

Click Picture for Build Thread

Last edited by lscamaro; 11-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
No audio expert here but can't go wrong with Alpine or JBL. 10" sub will give plenty of bass. I'd go psssenger side for stealth box ( only to offset weight of yourself in driver seat ). Wouldn't need to remove if bolted down for drag strip, not like your going to loose 3 tenths. I would get a bass remote so that you can adjust bass up front. Goodluck with the build.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
No audio expert here but can't go wrong with Alpine or JBL. 10" sub will give plenty of bass. I'd go psssenger side for stealth box ( only to offset weight of yourself in driver seat ). Wouldn't need to remove if bolted down for drag strip, not like your going to loose 3 tenths. I would get a bass remote so that you can adjust bass up front. Goodluck with the build.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Ooh great idea! See, that's why I need any and all suggestions. Bass control is something I hadn't thought of but definitely want. Thank you for that, just added

Old 11-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
another sub enclosure option http://www.audiointegrations.net/cat...09/7490262.htm

Old 11-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
lscamaro

That's definitely a nice sub enclosure, but the reason I didn't go with it is just because of the price difference between that one and the ******** one.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
To make your install plug-n-play, get the FARK harness from ********.
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
lscamaro

I don't have the factory ba system so the fark kit won't work for me