Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #15
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The LT4 engine is much more capable then the 1.7 blower. However this blower matches up better with the LT1 for those that are not planning on making huge power. The 1.7 will take the LT1 fuel system and pistons to it's limits. Also with the LT1 being higher compression, the LT4 blower does not need spun as hard to make the same power. 4500 includes everything to make a reliable 550whp/600wtq. Seems like a solid deal to me.

Not sure how you can call it slow...there is a guy that has the base LT4 kit on a SS and went 10.9 @ 129. The SS will go faster then a ZL1 at the same power level. Less weight and less drag. ZL1 was built for corners.
It’s not a Maggie so it’s inherently inferior. Didn’t you know?

I have to say, it does get kind of old seeing people pushing their brand constantly. Especially when someone asks a question about another brand.

I agree with all your points. I have the LT4 setup and it’s more than capable.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
It’s not a Maggie so it’s inherently inferior. Didn’t you know?

I have to say, it does get kind of old seeing people pushing their brand constantly. Especially when someone asks a question about another brand.

I agree with all your points. I have the LT4 setup and it’s more than capable.
Yea I don't get it either... Whipple, Maggie, Procharger, ECS, OEM 1.7 are all good kits for making the entry level power numbers that require no other mods to the fuel system or engine...However for those that want to push past that point then things change a bit. I would chose based on power goals. Sure if you plan on making north of 700, then the 1.7 is not the best option because its starts losing efficiency fast. Maggie 2.3 or Whipple 2.9 is better suited. If you want to make 4 digit power then I would lean towards Turbos, Prochargers F1a-94, or perhaps the Maggie 2650.

For those that want a hassle free reliable increase in power, the OEM 1.7 pullied for 8-9psi is a solid choice. It will get you into the high 10's and live a long life correctly tuned. I also think Maggie 2300 is just as reliable, and initially was my first choice being it does offer a better upgrade path. However it is hard to deny the value these 1.7 kits offer being they are 3k cheaper for the full system.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #17
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Wait the kit includes tuning? That's a pretty big deciding factor for a lot of people out there I'd say. Because tune will add on quite a bit of cost, and won't let you drive the car out of your garage.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:24 AM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostednut View Post
Wait the kit includes tuning? That's a pretty big deciding factor for a lot of people out there I'd say. Because tune will add on quite a bit of cost, and won't let you drive the car out of your garage.
If you wire the bypass valve open and leave the factory map sensor in the car than you can drive it across the continental us.

We have many that have done this.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #19
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
If you wire the bypass valve open and leave the factory map sensor in the car than you can drive it across the continental us.

We have many that have done this.
Ah there's a bypass valve, good to know! Good info, this should be added to the product page
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #20
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
So they're getting $1500 for the LT4 blower itself. Doesn't sound too bad at $4500 turn key.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #21
Native_2SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
We have successfully used either blower on the wet sump and dry sump conversions. Our in-house capabilities with two engineers, fab shop, CNC mill, etc goes a long way. We have a Camaro in-house right now we're doing the LT4 swap on and will have a full build thread up on it shortly.

how have the stock pistons held up with the boost ?
Native_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote