Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
How many miles are on the car? I have 16k and 7 or 8 track days, with no issues yet (fingers crossed)
So your problems were strictly tranny and not clutch right?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #16
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Not sure yet.....so I cannot say either way, unlike the OP mine is not a sudden onset problem, that will most likely get worse, but a design flaw from day 1....my guess it is the master not moving enough fluid when hot. I have 6 more track days before I am tearing it all out, hope it lasts.......
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #17
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I assume you saw my thread?
Old 03-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #18
backeddy
Banned

Corner have you had any more issues since the change out?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:04 PM   #19
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I assume you saw my thread?
Yup I'm familiar with it, sounds like you got a great solution from Steve. Hopefully mine is just a bearing issue and I wont end up with an entire clutch replacement. I haven't looked into it other than noticing the pedal feedback is rough, so I'm not 100% sure of the damage yet. I will, however, upgrade a few things if I'm going to be taking it apart. Whatever the issue may be, I know I won't bother with taking it to the dealer and will be doing the work myself. Wish I had a dealer that was as friendly as yours.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #20
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Well I do track it. Seems my clutch time has come like so many others. Lol. Do I just need the slave assembly to fix the issue? What are my options?
Lol, the stock clutch (as most are finding out) is not up to the task of abuse with the weight of the Gen 5 Camaro.

It's more than likely that its just the bearing that needs to be replaced, however you can only get a new release bearing by purchasing the entire slave. Also the stock plastic bearing support needs to be thrown in the trash, and replaced with billet steel.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #21
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Corner have you had any more issues since the change out?
No, but i have a 500 (at 300 today) mile city driving break in period so no hard driving. I have however been letting the rear end slide around as i need to burn off what's left of my tires so i can get my new tires for COTA installed. I have stepped on it getting on the FRWY and the point where my old clutch would fade away is no longer happening. Im quite confident in Steve's clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Yup I'm familiar with it, sounds like you got a great solution from Steve. Hopefully mine is just a bearing issue and I wont end up with an entire clutch replacement. I haven't looked into it other than noticing the pedal feedback is rough, so I'm not 100% sure of the damage yet. I will, however, upgrade a few things if I'm going to be taking it apart. Whatever the issue may be, I know I won't bother with taking it to the dealer and will be doing the work myself. Wish I had a dealer that was as friendly as yours.
Ok good then. That pic Steve put up is very disturbing about that plastic bearing. I do have to say though, i have driven my car as hard as anyone could of. If you remember i got the home page last year for my blistering laps/session at Fontana last year, and i wasn't heal/toe driving, which means i was putting super heat on the clutch. My plastic bearing was in perfect condition, but i replaced it with Steve's Billet one anyway. What im getting at is apparently the clutch is the major issue(weak link) i think facing us. I would still replace with what Steve has as well as just go with his clutch, it's far superior to what we have stock. Again Customer services absence here is deafening, they obviously know they have a major issue on their hands.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #22
jcamo

Drives: 2ss/rs/2013 camaro 1LE
Really sucks hearing this... As I have driven mine really mildly (sunny sunday car). sounds like It won't last long when I start twisting the wick on this load.
jcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #23
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
Again Customer services absence here is deafening, they obviously know they have a major issue on their hands.
..............................................( crickets chirping )............................................
Old 03-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #24
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Forget GM customer service all they will tell you is bring the car to the dealership which in turn will tell you "its not covered under warranty blah blah blah not our fault we found evidence of abuse please give us all your money" Ive had so many problems now (gear grinding, clutch not disengaging fully, clutch vibrations, ) ive stopped driving my 1le in total just from pure disappointment.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #25
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
ive stopped driving my 1le in total just from pure disappointment.
Funny you say that...about 2 weeks ago I started taking the MBZ and gave my wife the 1LE to put around town in..Only thing I care about now is going to the track.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:31 PM   #26
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Funny you say that...about 2 weeks ago I started taking the MBZ and gave my wife the 1LE to put around town in..Only thing I care about now is going to the track.
I hear you... make sure you take some photos of the teardown I would really like to see whats crapping out in our vehicles. Im really considering tearing down my transmission myself I just wish I knew someone with a lift in NY.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #27
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I think for those who visit the track often, you'll probably want to eventually replace the entire clutch with a more solid unit that can take more heat and won't slip. Having a heavy-duty clutch in this car should have been mandatory. They beefed up most other parts, I fail to understand why they cheaped out on the clutch... Hopefully the next gen 1LE does not have this issue. I plan to replace the entire unit if and when it starts to fail.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #28
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Haven't drove the car in a week since the last track day. Has a nice whir sound to it on cold start up. The feel has smoothed out a bit but I can only image that's because it's slowley grinding itself to death. Clutch still holds but for how much longer is anyone's guess. It will probably be a bit before I get it apart and really asses the damage.

The car really took a beating this last event, needs new tires, new pads, and new clutch. So much for the headers I was planning on! Lol