Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #127
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Fixed it
Went by a shop yesterday. .. 240 with super 10's installed. . Gonna try another shop I know of but that's not too bad I guess

shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #128
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
The VTC might not be as needed as before, but the throttle response can't be the same as SP9. There is no way. I can barely even drive my car on SP9 without it jerking, that crap is MAD sensitive.
I run my Vtc at 1 now but I ran in on 5 before the tune and upgrades. I'm happy with my ipf tune but with all of this overkill tune talk, I wonder how much gain from ipf to overkill. I've got great low end as well with upgrades and with my stock exhaust.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:53 AM   #129
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Shawno, having some data logging issues...
What's going on?
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #130
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
What's going on?

https://vimeo.com/158479392

Here is a video.

I tried to set it up to datalog with the computer as well. I am pretty tech savvy...so it shouldn't be hard. Almost wondering if the config file isn't setup properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:18 AM   #131
Shawno72

Quote:
https://vimeo.com/158479392

Here is a video.

I tried to set it up to datalog with the computer as well. I am pretty tech savvy...so it shouldn't be hard. Almost wondering if the config file isn't setup properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I never went to the pids, instead I went straight to record data and hit ok. Then when I'm done recording I hit ok again and it'll say data logging paused so then I hit the back button and it's all done. Let me know and I can make a quick video.
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 03-10-2016, 07:20 AM   #132
Shawno72

Also let me ask, did you have to send in your factory tune for Will to adjust or did you get yours on a flash drive? He had ran out so I had to email mine in for him to adjust then he sent it back to install.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #133
derek1387

Quote:
Also let me ask, did you have to send in your factory tune for Will to adjust or did you get yours on a flash drive? He had ran out so I had to email mine in for him to adjust then he sent it back to install.
I sent him my factory tune.

As for the scanning/recording, yeah, i dont get that option...can you take a quick vid for me, just so i can compare screens? You acn PM if to me if you want.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #134
Shawno72

Quote:
I sent him my factory tune.

As for the scanning/recording, yeah, i dont get that option...can you take a quick vid for me, just so i can compare screens? You acn PM if to me if you want.
Here ya go, don't mind my voice I have a bit of a cold

http://youtu.be/9m4lIylrNyk
Old 03-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #135
derek1387

Quote:

OK, so I dont even get to the Create Log File and timer.

Cool-thats whta I needed to know-so I think my config file is the issue. Are you pretty tech savvy? If so...i might be able to get what I need from you
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 03-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #136
Shawno72

Quote:
OK, so I dont even get to the Create Log File and timer.

Cool-thats whta I needed to know-so I think my config file is the issue. Are you pretty tech savvy? If so...i might be able to get what I need from you
Yeah for the most part I can do most all of this stuff, or at least I like to think so haha
Old 03-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #137
derek1387

Quote:
Yeah for the most part I can do most all of this stuff, or at least I like to think so haha
I need you to go into EFILive Explorer, and under this screen, can you copy your "Options" file and send it to me in an email?
derek@stjoeguns.com

Just need to compare the options file to mine, to see if that is where my issue lies, so i can stop sending 47 emails over to Will trying to explain what the issue is haha
Attached Images

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 03-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #138
Shawno72

Quote:
I need you to go into EFILive Explorer, and under this screen, can you copy your "Options" file and send it to me in an email?
derek@stjoeguns.com

Just need to compare the options file to mine, to see if that is where my issue lies, so i can stop sending 47 emails over to Will trying to explain what the issue is haha
Lol ok. I'll have to do it tonight when I get home from work. Sorry to make you wait. I know how it is with Will tho
Old 03-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #139
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
Will knows tuning!!
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #140
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Will knows tuning!!
Damn right he does. The base tune i got from him was incredible...just want to do some fine tuning now :-)
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio