Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #57
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
ok, i own a farm...my dad gave it to me when i graduated high school (last year) so that he could run his other business (gentlemens club) without all of the stress of the farm, and yes he still helps me out when he can, but i have worked for my dad since i was 9 on the farm and i currently help him out at the bar when he needs the help. When i bought my vette no one said anything to me except my friends and every single one of them was jealous except my good friend caleb, but he has a new xlr, when i buy my camaro i expect the same result, but i'm not going to worry about it because i still have all of the same friends so i know they will come back...and besides if i let my dad take the vette up to the bar he will swear up and down more ppl come in. lol

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #58
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I think this is the way people are. I manage a fairly large-sized Printer in NYCity and I am sure the people I work with are the same way. But my wife and I have no kids, so I always say, "Hey if you had no kids you can get one too. I bet your kids cost more in 2 years than my car costs....and I have 5 years to pay for it"

To each his own, you have to live your life. Do not drive the car to the business, keep it home. If that doesn't help because the town is too small then you have to move to grow as a person. It is hard to live the high life in a small town mentality.

And if you buy it and they vandalize it, it is just an excuse to get a custom paint job. Life throws you lemons, you make lemonade!!

One good thing about NY, neighbors barely talk. We say hello, how are you and that is it. Life is so busy people do not have the time to get into each others business. Idle Hands and minds are the devils playgrounds!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #59
2LT/RS

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
I've had customers walk into my store after seeing me pull up in my Hummer and make comments, one guy even walked out saying he wouldn't shop somewhere that they supported Hummer. I drive an H3 (pre-engine upgrade), not the H2.

I can't wait to hear what people are going to say when the Camaro arrives. I've already prepared for the gas station confrontations. If it is confirmed the 29mpg highway for the LT, that's 3mpg better than the Lexus Rx Hybrid gets, and there are hundreds of those things around here.

With huge department store trends like CostCo, Wal-Mart, ...., so many small business owners are having to compete with huge buying power. Everyone wants to save so they can brag about their great deal. Even on this site people are looking for below MSRP and very angry if they overpaid. As a small business owner, if you drive a nice car, it's only natural your customers are going to feel like you have gouged them in some way as to make them over pay.
2LT/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #60
2LT/RS

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
On a side note, if you don't care what customers think, if you can, park that thing 10 feet from your front door and enjoy the crowd!!!! That should pick up the business a bit don't you think?
2LT/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #61
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spi View Post
ok, i own a farm...my dad gave it to me when i graduated high school (last year) so that he could run his other business (gentlemens club) without all of the stress of the farm, and yes he still helps me out when he can, but i have worked for my dad since i was 9 on the farm and i currently help him out at the bar when he needs the help. When i bought my vette no one said anything to me except my friends and every single one of them was jealous except my good friend caleb, but he has a new xlr, when i buy my camaro i expect the same result, but i'm not going to worry about it because i still have all of the same friends so i know they will come back...and besides if i let my dad take the vette up to the bar he will swear up and down more ppl come in. lol
I would have asked for the gentlemans club.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #62
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post

I'm sure he wasn't given a choice....
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #63
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Yes sir, we own a custom car parts business. I'm not sure if I can post it up here because I am not sponsoring the board, so I'll refrain. Some of you know what the business is, and if you don't, Google my userID and check LS1tech.

dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #64
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post

I'm sure he wasn't given a choice....
He asked me which one id prefer, i chose the farm for several reasons...

1.) make easily 3x more money
2.) only 19 so i wouldnt be able to get a liqour license for the bar
3.) like i said i work there anyways so i get money from it also

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #65
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Yep, have an Insurance Business....

Getting older, ordered!
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #66
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Yes I own a small business. We make video chat software called LiveCamNetwork. It is a Video chat + Pay Per Minute accounting system rolled into one. It's designed to let anyone start their own video chat business for any industry including Professional services, coaching, teaching etc, or for entertainment such as adult chat, Psychic, etc etc.

Even though my company has 4 full time programmers plus accountants, sales reps etc, most of us work from home instead of from an office.

(Yes I know I am spending too much time on Camaro5.com and should be working but DANG I want my new Camaro already!!!!!)

(By the way: We're looking for programmers and webmasters who can help with some projects. If anyone reading this is looking for some extra work please let me know!)
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #67
prostreet67

Drives: 67 prostreet
we have drove a vette for the last 15 years always a used one now that we are going to have a camaro people think we are going broke the camaro cost more than any vette we have had

2LT/RS-RJT, auto, sunroof,
polished wheels, spare.
order placed 3/13
3000 5/27
brought home 7/30
prostreet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #68
TRENZMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I USED TO OWN AN AUTO ACCESSORY SHOP. WE SOLD AUDIO,VIDEO, DROP KITS, BODY KITS, YOU NAME IT AND I PROBABLY HAD IT AT ONE TIME. I JUST GOT BURNED OUT ON IT AFTER MANY YEARS OF PACKING STOCK UP AND TAKING IT TO CAR SHOWS, AND OTHER EVENTS. I MAY GET BACK INTO IT AFTER THE ECONOMY RECOVERS.
TRENZMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #69
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
we own a staffing agency for the medical field, and the nice part is I dont have to put up with what people think of my car because none of our customers ever come to the office.

The bad part is we work in California which for obvious reasons is about the 48th worst state to do business in because of all the laws put in to practice to support illegals and welfare peeps. You end up making barely any profit margin. Combine that with the no one wants to work, lets sue or file unemployment instead attitude x 300+ employees in the field = stress.

California recently heald a conference in vegas to try and figure out why 9000 businesses left in 08, laff
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #70
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I own ZZ Motorsports, and Zeitler Investment Group, LLC.....So I have seen the economic changes, but smart operations and cost cutting can keep you where you want to be.
Both of my companies are growing, but ZZ Motorsports is still semi-new, and growing rapidly due to my focus on the new Camaro parts out there...But I still have good business from the Hot Rod community and other performance vehicles.

To all small business owners, hang in there, and run your business efficiently, you will thank yourself later!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote