Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Official UpstateC5 Thread

Hello and welcome to UpstateC5, your home for upstate New York 5th generation Camaro camaraderie and local event information.

Our mission:
Our goal is to provide a location for all upstate NY Camaro and muscle car enthusiasts to come together, share their love of all things auto, meet new people, and have a good time.

What are we all about?
We are a constantly expanding group of upstate NY 5th generation Camaro owners and enthusiasts. We have organized to create a central location for all upstate NY 5th generation Camaro enthusiasts to meet, plan events, and gain information. There are 2 things we want to make very clear. 1. At this time we are a solely upstate NY group but encourage people from all over NY, the US, and the world to come join us in our thread and at our events. 2. While we are primarily a 5th generation Camaro group we welcome anyone into our group regardless of what vehicle you own or dream of owning. Most if not all of our events/meets will be held somewhere in the upstate NY area.

What are the benefits of becoming an UpstateC5 member?
Becoming an UpstateC5 member will ensure that anytime we have an event/meet you will be notified before seeing it here. It also will provide you with a close network of local people who have similar interests.

How do I become an UpstateC5 member?
Club info no longer formally maintained. Just post in this thread and introduce yourself.

Rules of Club

1. Must be able to joke and take a joke.
2. Enjoy driving your car.
3. No POSTING "obscene, aka-FISHING" pictures
4. Please don't post answers to questions about events if you don't know the facts. Let the organizers answer the questions.
5. Please don't post personal information concerning other members unless you have the ok. If they want it posted on a public forum they will post it there themselves.

Who is UpstateC5?

Core members –

ZED SLED *
2017 BLK ZL1
Garner, NC

bdstealth *
2010, SW, 2SS/RS
Clay, NY

Phantom.5SS
2010, ABM, 2SS
Colonie, NY

3CamarosOnHand *
2010 ABM 1SS/RS
Ft. Plain, NY

SpikeIII *
2011, IBM, 1SS/RS
Chittenango, NY

*= Co-Founder

Members –
Contact UpstateC5 Admin by PM for changes to your info.
(Click here to see full membership list)

We are on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Upstate-C5/118174561606510 or search Upstate C5

Upcoming Events:
If there is an event that you want posted here and on the calendar, post the following required info in this thread or remit via PM to ZED SLED
Name of event
Location of event including city and state
Date and time of event
Link to event flyer* if available or email to obtain reg form

Any missing info will result in the event NOT getting posted. NO reminders will be sent.
* Actually check to see if link goes to the flyer. If it goes somewhere else it will be posted as such and all questions will be directed to you. If flyer is not available send info about price and awards.

In order to maintain controlled chaos, most event info will NOT be posted here before around 2-3 months in advance of event. Exception being club sanctioned events planned by club members that will require long term planning, i.e. host hotel, sponsors. These usually get their own thread anyway. Also, national events, such as BBOMG, C5Fest, GM Nationals, etc. info may show up here up to 6 months prior.

(Click here to see calendar of events and details)

Shows- Details on calendar

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jan-Dec

Events on hold due to covid hysteria

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ZED SLED; 11-23-2020 at 09:30 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Hi Josh, Great you got this going. Ide be glad to help all that I can.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
I have a feeling this meet might be a little bigger than the last i just covered all my list with messages. lets just keep one thing in mind to all the cars that show up. NO HOT DOGGING IN THE VILLAGE PLEASE. lets just have fun there might be a lot of us.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
mvarley

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
Hi,
Great to see this. Please add me to your list.
Mike
mvarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
JB22

Drives: 2010 ABM # 2180 2SS M6
Sign me up.

I am in Burnt Hills (southern Saratoga County)

ABM 2SS, White Rally Stripes, M6, Sunroof.

I am from the Ithaca Area (originally) and still have family there, so I get back that way quite a bit.

I cant come on the 22nd though, I have a baseball game that night. Our season should be wrapping up pretty soon, so I should have some more time.

Last edited by JB22; 07-14-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: clarification
JB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
...There are 2 things we want to make very clear. 1. At this time we are a solely upstate NY group but encourage people from all over NY, the US, and the world to come join us in our thread and at our events. 2. While we are primarily a 5th generation Camaro group we welcome anyone into our group regardless of what vehicle you own or dream of owning. Most if not all of our events/meets will be held somewhere in the upstate NY area....
What do you define the "upstate boundaries" as? If you're recruiting from Buffalo (not that I have any problem with it), you're just as likely to recruit from Albany in the other direction, right?

That said, I would be honored to join your group; however, timing for meets sucks right now. I have travel baseball starting up for my younger boy (9), am leaving for Aruba Aug 7-14, have the Oshawa shindig the following weekend, etc, etc, etc... I'm just "booked"- not a bad thing considering what's involved- just the way it is.

Bottom line- sign me up. although I may appear non-existent in the near future. :(
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
What do you define the "upstate boundaries" as? If you're recruiting from Buffalo (not that I have any problem with it), you're just as likely to recruit from Albany in the other direction, right?

That said, I would be honored to join your group; however, timing for meets sucks right now. I have travel baseball starting up for my younger boy (9), am leaving for Aruba Aug 7-14, have the Oshawa shindig the following weekend, etc, etc, etc... I'm just "booked"- not a bad thing considering what's involved- just the way it is.

Bottom line- sign me up. although I may appear non-existent in the near future. :(
No problem man , we are accepting members from anywhere with an emphasis on upstate NY so from Ripley to Petersburg and from Waverly to Hogansburg.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
bdstealth

Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
Hello everyone.Welcome aboard
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
willmarsh14

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss/rs 6m
Hey everyone. Sign me up. I will be out of town next week but hope to make one soon.
willmarsh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
3CamarosOnHand

we called it upstate c5 because most of the ny state posts are for the city area . we will welcome any one in country to join. but this is a way for say somebody in syracuse to find out about a show or even a friday night cruise in say sharon springs which is about 15 min from the thruway in my area. were here to meet people and have fun. SO WELCOME ALL
Old 07-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Sign me up too!

SummitWhiteLS
Schenectady Area
SummitWhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sign me up...
Black 2SS/RS

I will be there on the 22nd..
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Welcome aboard everyone. Looking forward to getting this rolling. Hope to see you all at Sylvan Beach next week.

mclark10

Last edited by ZED SLED; 07-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
3CamarosOnHand

Welcome!!

Welcome everyone!! 146 views in only a couple of days not too bad- still trying to recruit people we know of around here..... if you all do the same we'll have a nice sized group! Can't wait to see everyone on the 22nd @Sylvan Beach.