Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-16-2021, 06:44 PM   #15
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
Yes I agree it looks good with your shifter. I like the idea of the shift lights in it. But not sure if it’s really worth the money.
Totally agree about the shift lights and integrated gauges. I already have a shift light and 2 aftermarket gauges (Interceptor scan gauge and wide band) so my dash is busy enough. I opted out on that. Just tried to keep it simple yet refined.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #16
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodown View Post
Totally agree about the shift lights and integrated gauges. I already have a shift light and 2 aftermarket gauges (Interceptor scan gauge and wide band) so my dash is busy enough. I opted out on that. Just tried to keep it simple yet refined.
Your interior and engine bay are awesome! Bit of a thread jack, but what shift light did you go with, where'd you mount it, and how do you like it?

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:27 PM   #17
Limelight

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 coupe
What’s involved in getting one of these aftermarket wheels? Do you send them your current wheel and they customize it or do you simply buy a whole new steering wheel? And how about installation - do you need the dealer to install and do the connections due to airbags etc?
Old 02-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #18
Coop[580

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Ashen Grey
I think it says on their site. As far as dealer, no, I’ve replaced mine and it wasn’t hard at all. Get on YouTube and there’s detailed instructions. Just want to make sure your wheels are straight as possible when you remove and replace.
635/632-93 octane
725/738-E85
Coop[580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:17 PM   #19
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Your interior and engine bay are awesome! Bit of a thread jack, but what shift light did you go with, where'd you mount it, and how do you like it?
Thank you!

My shift light is integrated into my Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge and simply plugs into the OBDII. It has 2 lights that you can set for anything you want. I use both for the tachometer to shift but it can be set for things like a drop in oil/fuel pressure and stuff like that for safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
What’s involved in getting one of these aftermarket wheels? Do you send them your current wheel and they customize it or do you simply buy a whole new steering wheel? And how about installation - do you need the dealer to install and do the connections due to airbags etc?
Your choice. It's cheaper to send them your wheel, but it's gonna take several weeks so unless you have another wheel your car is down for a while.

Removing and replacing the wheel is stupid easy. The hardest part is taking off the airbag (disconnect the battery first!!!) because it's just awkward to get the to pins in the back of it, but after about 5 minutes of trial and error it came right off. I suggest Youtube for it. After that it's just a few electrical pigtails and T50 torx bit then it's off. Just make sure you don't move the clock spring or else it turns from a 30 minute project into a weekend fix.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:52 PM   #20
NJ-ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I sent mine to Asia and had it done much cheaper and better than anyone in the US.
NJ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 AM   #21
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-ZL1 View Post
I sent mine to Asia and had it done much cheaper and better than anyone in the US.
That's really an entirely useful post as written. If you want to contribute, why don't you post the name of the company you have referenced, their website and phone number?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #22
JB'sZL1

Quote:
And, I'll add: I've seen quite a few wheels, from perforated leather, carbon, top-of-wheel display, etc., that are manufactured so well, they would look proper in a Ferrari. So please educate us how they do it so much better. Most of your posts are about buying and selling. You even added to a fuse pull more hp thread. I really wish our Z's had that magical elixir: Hidden hp that is gained with a simple fuse pull. Like a fool I spent thousands gaining hp...I'm nearing 800rwhp. I wish I would have come across your posts years ago.

Finally, you've never answered what is costs to mail a wheel to Taiwan. I'm guessing $150.00ish. Heaven forbid there is damage in transit, lost mail, or your new "$500" wheel arrives with a scratch on the carbon. Will they repair it in Taiwan? That's if you can...and you generalyy can't...excepting the most superficial of scratches. Who pays for shipping? Will they even answer your emails after they have your money with your sidebet off Fleabay?

Mr. Angry has spoken. The Monday morning rant is over.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #23
NJ-ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
And, I'll add: I've seen quite a few wheels, from perforated leather, carbon, top-of-wheel display, etc., that are manufactured so well, they would look proper in a Ferrari. So please educate us how they do it so much better. Most of your posts are about buying and selling. You even added to a fuse pull more hp thread. I really wish our Z's had that magical elixir: Hidden hp that is gained with a simple fuse pull. Like a fool I spent thousands gaining hp...I'm nearing 800rwhp. I wish I would have come across your posts years ago.

Finally, you've never answered what is costs to mail a wheel to Taiwan. I'm guessing $150.00ish. Heaven forbid there is damage in transit, lost mail, or your new "$500" wheel arrives with a scratch on the carbon. Will they repair it in Taiwan? That's if you can...and you generalyy can't...excepting the most superficial of scratches. Who pays for shipping? Will they even answer your emails after they have your money with your sidebet off Fleabay?

Someone is angry that I didnt forum post correctly LOL What a tool bag.
Oh and your also a stalker
Old 03-01-2021, 08:08 AM   #24
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Someone is angry that I didnt forum post correctly LOL What a tool bag.
Oh and your also a stalker
Why don't you come meet me and I'll buy you a beer? You call me names...do it in person. I'm actually a nice guy. I have never quoted your posts before today. And, thank goodness, I have never read your posts before today. You are a seller, plain and simple from looking at your posts. I question if you even own a Z...let alone a Camaro.

But the facts remain: the overwhelming majority...virtually all, of your posts are about selling parts. And you refuse to answer questions. What did it cost to ship a wheel to Taiwan? Why not post a pic of this wheel in your Z? What is the name, phone number and website of this Asian company ("that does it better and cheaper than any US company"), that, as of yet, remains unnamed? What city do you live in in NJ? I don't care, but this is one of many questions asked of you that remains unanswered.

This thread was started about carbon fiber wheel upgrades to the Z, with pics, websites and feedback. You've offered none.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:18 AM   #25
NJ-ZL1

Quote:
Why don't you come meet me and I'll buy you a beer? You call me names...do it in person. I'm actually a nice guy. I have never quoted your posts before today. And, thank goodness, I have never read your posts before today. You are a seller, plain and simple from looking at your posts. I question if you even own a Z...let alone a Camaro.

But the facts remain: the overwhelming majority...virtually all, of your posts are about selling parts. And you refuse to answer questions. What did it cost to ship a wheel to Taiwan? Why not post a pic of this wheel in your Z? What is the name, phone number and website of this Asian company ("that does it better and cheaper than any US company"), that, as of yet, remains unnamed? What city do you live in in NJ? I don't care, but this is one of many questions asked of you that remains unanswered.

This thread was started about carbon fiber wheel upgrades to the Z, with pics, websites and feedback. You've offered none.
Wow really are a stalker wanting to know where I live? Come meet me at my house Ill get you a beer. 26 Ash Rd, Upper saddle river NJ.
Come say hello

An becuase you ask so nicely, shipping was $80. Sorry but I dont have the receipt. (youll probably ask for that next)

Oh and if you actually read my post about steering wheel you'll see pictures. Since you haven't Ive attached one just for you. Youre welcome.
Cost was $580 total with shipping, they paid for return shipping and sorry but there weren't any scratches.

Any more obnoxious questions, feel free to come by the house.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #26
NJ-ZL1

Quote:

LOL "Im nearing 800hp", sound like you have a little dick and and trying to compensate. This post is about steering wheels not your inadequacy, I mean HP.
Also, you to actually took the time to read my post and not just stalk me youll see that I didnt start the Fuse pull thread. Another LOL for you jackass.

Im thinking you must sell steering wheel and had ripped people off in the past. IDK maybe you're just butt hurt that you were called out or maybe you're just a dick.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #27
JB'sZL1

Again with the names. Since there's an invite, I may pay you a visit...I go to the east coast annually. I did not ask for your address: as stated, last year a member asked where you live...i.e. TOWN. I can't believe you actually, truthfully posted your address on the internet. What's next: phone number, ss, account #'s?

And, again, I asked to see that steering wheel in your Z.

At the end of the day, I don't give a frickin' whodunnit about you. You cannot address the simplest of requests. I have replaced a lot of parts (headers, exhaust, tb, pullies, etc.) on my Z, and I tossed them.

Could you please inform us, all of us (on this board, and the internet world as a whole), why it is that those in "Asia" (the whole continent, apparently) can, and will do it "much cheaper and better than anyone in the US." That's all I'm interested in from you. That is the genesis of this conversation, that is my original post in this thread. Can you please, Batman, riddle me that?
Old 03-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #28
JB'sZL1

Thumbs down

Quote:
LOL "Im nearing 800hp", sound like you have a little dick and and trying to compensate. This post is about steering wheels not your inadequacy, I mean HP.
Also, you to actually took the time to read my post and not just stalk me youll see that I didnt start the Fuse pull thread. Another LOL for you jackass.

Im thinking you must sell steering wheel and had ripped people off in the past. IDK maybe you're just butt hurt that you were called out or maybe you're just a dick.
Hmmm. Nice post. Critical thought.