Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #29
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guelphguy View Post
Car Cover is not practical as this is my Daily Driver, sometimes I come home for an hour, then off again and the car will not always be 100% clean, so putting on a cover that will rub grit into the paint....doesn't make sense.

I have google'd and that's how I came up with the ultrasonic device and moth balls.

I feel like wile e coyote trying to get the road-runner.

I do like cats, don't get me wrong. But I should also not have to give up and just let "cats be cats" and have the thing scratch the hell out of my car and damage my roof. It's just hair for now, but I am sure it's not good in the long run...also again why should I have to drive around in a nice car that looks like a friggin cat bed?

I guess I should just get a bunch of cat stickers for the back window and let my wife drive it so at least she can look like a crazy cat lady?

okay. i hear you. i've already been down this road with up to 15 neighborhood cats ( non feral just lousy owners ). i spent a lot of time and money stressing over ways to stop the cats. in the end it was a self-correcting situation as all the scum moved away and took the cats with them. now i only see two around and they don't visit my yard very often.

tried all of the these and more > *squirt guns, catnip, citrus, traps, airsoft pellet guns, car covers, cayenne pepper, buckets of soapy water to throw at them, throwing turkey carcasses in the road, rocks, picking up cat sh*t and throwing it in the street plus some other tricks i won't mention

if someone says they don't scratch ( claws ) they are full of sh*t. when a cat can't make a successful leap on to a waxed vehicle the claws come out to assist. I have the scratched paint to prove it. they also peed on a car cover and ripped one.

wait until they do the stretch and claw exercise on the vert top. that's a real joy.
I also tried talking to the owners and all you get is the fake I'm sorry or the look of disbelief like you hate animals. I called one lady at work because her male cat was peeing on my wheels and this one had a tag with a phone number. She was actually pissed that I'd called her at work.

it got so bad one neighbor a block over was trapping them with animal control provided cages. that person even put a sign in the yard warning people where to go if their cats were missing ( lol ). i've seen them on roofs. i've watched them kill crows and pigeons. not sure ultrasonic or moth balls will work on cats. they will deter mice tho if that's why you have more kitty attention than you need.

i'm just grateful the scummy owners moved. *sigh*

Last edited by snarky; 07-23-2015 at 01:31 PM.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #30
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Indeed, anyone with cats knows that they will find the worst possible place to make into their "scratching post." I have cats (and dogs, and other critters) and responsibly keep our cats indoors. If we lived on a farm, I'd have outdoor ones but in the city they should not be wandering about. Animal control should be able to help, though. It's sad to take a cat from it's home, but in a residential area it is also cruel for them to be subject to the dangers that exist (mainly getting run over). We had a neighbor who wanted to kill a local stray (not feral) cat because he said it was scratching his boat cover. I had one of my boys coax it over for some petting, and then we put it in a small cage and asked animal control to take him. It was better than our neighbor, whom we now refer to as "The Cat Hater," who wanted to kill it. If the cat is friendly, befriend it and have him/her taken to the shelter. There are no-klll shelters. One of our cats, we adopted as an older adult cat and she has been a real good pet -- so people can and will adopt them older, not only just kittens. My dogs and my cats chase one another around and roll around wrestling - they get used to one another, LOL.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Thats a pretty good idea.

My vote goes to Smith & Wesson though lol
I was gonna say shotgun, but #FelineLivesMatter
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #32
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Your cat is 17 years old, or older? That's pretty darn good for a kitty!
Not the oldest cat in the house either. Housemate has one that's pushing 19. That one is basically a lump on whatever part of the couch has the most sun at any given part of the day.

Mine is a bit over 17, but you wouldn't know it from her behavior. Still acts the same way she did when she was two.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #33
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
The second suggestion in this video works very good and it`s fairly cheap, just lay it on your roof.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #34
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Thats a pretty good idea.

My vote goes to Smith & Wesson though lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrsho View Post
Catfood soaked in antifreeze!

Just kidding, I would trap it and take it to the SPCA since the owner doesn't seem to care.
I'm glad I'm not the only sick bastard who thought of these two solutions... A nice little .22 would do well, or if you don't want to risk hitting your car the catfood/tuna soaked in antifreeze would definitely do the trick.

Now for all of the animal lovers out there, you could get a trap with non-poisoned food in it and then either call animal control or take the cat out somewhere a ways away and release it. Or lock the "beast" up and put a flyer in the neighborhood saying that you "found" someone's cat.

**DISCLAIMER** I am not condoning, nor do I recommend killing someone's cat.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread

Last edited by pyroguy; 07-23-2015 at 06:28 PM.
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #35
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
stick these nice cars in a garage, having it out in the sun all day isn't good :( but if you must, then buy a car cover.
Cats love to have a vantage point of their territory, they will climb up to the easiest point for them to see it all. Maybe (and bear with me on this), you can get something else for the local cats to climb instead of your car. Like a kitty jungle gym XD but really
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #36
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only sick bastard who thought of these two solutions... A nice little .22 would do well, or if you don't want to risk hitting your car the catfood/tuna soaked in antifreeze would definitely do the trick.

"Intentionally killing a cat is a criminal offense in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, regardless of ownership. Anti-cruelty laws apply to all cats—companion, abandoned, lost, and feral."
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:46 PM   #37
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrillakilla13 View Post
stick these nice cars in a garage, having it out in the sun all day isn't good :( but if you must, then buy a car cover.
Cats love to have a vantage point of their territory, they will climb up to the easiest point for them to see it all. Maybe (and bear with me on this), you can get something else for the local cats to climb instead of your car. Like a kitty jungle gym XD but really
many of the established neighborhoods here ( 50' & 60's ranch homes built for the military ) don't have garages unless they converted. we have carports so we have sun/rain protection ( hail etc ) while still getting a breeze. i have two car covers but if you use any tire gels forget it. when you take off the cover it smears the tire wet all over your car and ruins the car cover.

my next door neighbor bought a motion sensor and attached it to a spike impulse sprinkler. it worked occasionally. however the mailman, UPS, FedEX and jehovahs probably did not laugh.
plus you have to leave the water on.

again trap & relocate. or waste a lot of money and time chasing them around.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #38
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Don't you have a local pound/shelter to call that picks up stray animals? If so, tell the owner you are going to call them for services at his expense. If not, get yourself a good pellet gun and let 'em have it next time it's in your yard. Tell that to your neighbor as well - fair warning. Don't know about Canada, but we don't put up with such stuff in GA.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #39
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
A motion sensor connected to an air horn that you can turn on and off from inside your house. Not only scare a cat but anyone trying to mess with your car.
Put a 2nd Horn (Speaker) next to your Neighbors Bedroom Window!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #40
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Remote roof ejection!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #41
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Put a 2nd Horn (Speaker) next to your Neighbors Bedroom Window!
I can't stand inconsiderate neighbors... glad I don't have any.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #42
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
This should work

http://m.sears.com/collections-etc-b...-SPM8040047608