Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
Stripe Opinion and RS Package Question

So I'm thinking about getting CGM Rally Stripes on an IOM 2SS. I just wanted to get an opinion on how people think that would look. I am torn between the CGM and Black Rally Stripes. Also I may do this through the factory so not sure if I should do that (I have seen the pics from the detriot auto show). Also would the car look ok without having the stripes on the roof. Now for the RS Question. I haven't really seen the differences it adds besides the halo lights. Is this package worth getting with the 2SS and if anyone could post pics of stock look vs rs look.

Thanks!
-Aaron
Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBoyzT View Post
So I'm thinking about getting CGM Rally Stripes on an IOM 2SS. I just wanted to get an opinion on how people think that would look. I am torn between the CGM and Black Rally Stripes. Also I may do this through the factory so not sure if I should do that (I have seen the pics from the detriot auto show). Also would the car look ok without having the stripes on the roof. Now for the RS Question. I haven't really seen the differences it adds besides the halo lights. Is this package worth getting with the 2SS and if anyone could post pics of stock look vs rs look.

Thanks!
-Aaron
It should look something like this, however a bit more orange

Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Don't worry about the stripes on the roof. They have never been on the roof for a true SS car. People just get them confused with the Shelby Mustang stripes and think that they should go on the roof. THERE SHOULD NOT BE STRIPES ON THE ROOF.

As far as the RS package, you also get tinted taillights, painted roof ditch moldings instead of the black strips, and as long as you didnt get the polished wheel upgrade, you will get special midnight silver painted 20"s on it. I personally dont care for the wheels so I will get the polished, I basically want the rs package for the HID's.
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
Don't worry about the stripes on the roof. They have never been on the roof for a true SS car. People just get them confused with the Shelby Mustang stripes and think that they should go on the roof. THERE SHOULD NOT BE STRIPES ON THE ROOF.

As far as the RS package, you also get tinted taillights, painted roof ditch moldings instead of the black strips, and as long as you didnt get the polished wheel upgrade, you will get special midnight silver painted 20"s on it. I personally dont care for the wheels so I will get the polished, I basically want the rs package for the HID's.

Yea but wouldn't it be cheaper to get all that added extra vs. the package...I mean HID's can't be but so expensive and the rims...not so worried about them and the roof ditch is painted on the 2SS...so all that is left is the taillights...just seems like it is kind of pointless to get with the 2SS
and seems it would be cheaper to get seperate...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
These HIDs can run up to $600 a piece by themselves. Dual-beam HIDs are rare, and these use some sort of lens manipulation to get High and Low beams out of a single HID bulb. The RS package is definitely a good deal on all trims, imo.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yea but wouldn't it be cheaper to get all that added extra vs. the package...I mean HID's can't be but so expensive and the rims...not so worried about them and the roof ditch is painted on the 2SS...so all that is left is the taillights...just seems like it is kind of pointless to get with the 2SS
and seems it would be cheaper to get seperate...
I might be wrong but I believe the roof ditch is pained ONLY with the RS, is it not? 2SS will still be black w/out the RS option.
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:

Thanks!
-Aaron
Go with white rally stripes on IOM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkikuchi View Post
I might be wrong but I believe the roof ditch is pained ONLY with the RS, is it not? 2SS will still be black w/out the RS option.
correct. all trims have black roof ditch moldings without the RS package
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
With the IOM being such a bright, bold color, I would go for maximum contrast from the stripes - black, not CGM or white as Hylton suggests.

EDIT: I meant not CGM, or choose the white as Hylton suggests for high contrast.

Last edited by Rodrunner; 01-14-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlee1967 View Post
What does the roof ditch moldings look like?
See the two black lines extending from front to back on the roof just above the door line? Without the RS package, those will be black on all colors.

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlee1967 View Post
What does the roof ditch moldings look like?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=roof+ditch
Old 01-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
AirboyzT, the car looks great either way. If you do not go with the RS package you can always get things painted later if you feel you want the change. If you do not go with the RS package the black trim will match the shark fin and the tires. It looks great either way.

The package does add the HID lights which in previous threads discussed could end up costing you much more to add them later. These lights are rather expensive to add from third party. You might be able to cut corners to lessen the cost, but others seem to agree it will be sub par and not woth the future investment. If you want them the least costly way to get them is the RS package.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I'm in the same place. Honestly the only thing that's that important in the rs package is the HIDs but then It becomes the 1200 for headlights because the rest I could care either way
Old 01-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #14
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I think IOM with CGM stripes would look great. That's one of the color combo's I'm considering for my own car. Only difference will be that I'm going to paint my stripes. Look at pics of the convertible concept. Very similar.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote